Suggestion: "Unobtainable" Flag

This is a fairly simple suggestion.

If a game's Platinum or 100% is unobtainable, a number of users can flag it as unobtainable (this number could be specified by the site staff at any point).

If this specific number of users flag it as unobtainable within a certain period of time, somebody on the site staff could confirm that the Platinum or 100% is unobtainable.

If this is the case, the game can be flagged as either ":platinum: Unobtainable" or "100% Unobtainable", or both, depending upon the circumstances.

Then, the games which are flagged as either or both of these can be grouped into a section so that PSNP users can easily find out what games to avoid in the event that they don't want to add unobtainable trophies to their list.

SIDE NOTE:

This feature may also be used to whitelist games for hiding. As in, if a user hides trophies from a flagged game, the "Hidden" flag doesn't appear on their profile. I'm not sure whether this could be abused, which is why it is included as a side note.

• Like 1

This is a fairly simple suggestion.

If a game's Platinum or 100% is unobtainable, a number of users can flag it as unobtainable (this number could be specified by the site staff at any point).

If this specific number of users flag it as unobtainable within a certain period of time, somebody on the site staff could confirm that the Platinum or 100% is unobtainable.

If this is the case, the game can be flagged as either ":platinum: Unobtainable" or "100% Unobtainable", or both, depending upon the circumstances.

Then, the games which are flagged as either or both of these can be grouped into a section so that PSNP users can easily find out what games to avoid in the event that they don't want to add unobtainable trophies to their list.

SIDE NOTE:

This feature may also be used to whitelist games for hiding. As in, if a user hides trophies from a flagged game, the "Hidden" flag doesn't appear on their profile. I'm not sure whether this could be abused, which is why it is included as a side note.

This has been suggested before

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/16091-unobtainable-trophies/?hl=%2Bunobtainable+%2Bplatinum#entry333641

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10181-unachievable-trophies/?hl=+unobtainable%20+platinum

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/18000-suggestions-for-the-trophy-list-page/?hl=%2Bunobtainable+%2Bplatinum

Also do mean members can flag a game as unobtainable? If so it could be abused.

• Like 2

I don't think this would work. 

For example if someone had obtained all the online trophies for a game before a server was closed, but didn't obtain the single player trophies until after the server was closed then theres a good chance that person could be flagged as a cheater for obtaining a platinum on a 'flagged' game. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, this is a feature that should be considered essential for a trophy hunting website and must be implemented.

Having a little red flag next to the titles would save many people a lot of time, money and frustration.

Edited by effdeegee

I don't think this would work. 

For example if someone had obtained all the online trophies for a game before a server was closed, but didn't obtain the single player trophies until after the server was closed then theres a good chance that person could be flagged as a cheater for obtaining a platinum on a 'flagged' game. 

not necessarily, their timestamps would prove otherwise. and the unobtainable flag on the specific trophies could read as "unobtainable as of x/y/z date" for convenience

Yeah, I've been wanting this king of thing as I've mentioned previously in the other forums - staff members can highlight all of the trophies on the site that are unobtainable and possibly list a reason when you hover your mouse over it and it can all be maintained by a forum thread somewhere :P

Add that to your list too Sly xD

Definitely not, when it comes to people hiding games and not receiving an H on their profile. The H isn't always associated with people who have cheated, and serves a purpose beyond that. If someone hides 200 trophies, their stats are going to be modified. If there were no tag there, how would anybody know that someone's stats have been altered. Also there is sometimes a glitch where some people get some trophies hidden without their knowledge. Some people could have games hidden and never know because the little tag wouldn't be there.

Personally think this could work. As long as people didn't take it as gospel. 

Just a cosmetic flag that doesn't just flag someone as a cheater for getting it done. Just put a flag in the corner of the game somewhere. Since someone above posted about how if i did all MP trophies for something than finished up the SP 3 years after server closure it wouldn't be flagged as hacked.

Its a good idea. 

I support the idea of the flag option, however, something like this should not be left in charge of the community, more like a specific team. Just to avoid abuse.

I do think they should still count as hidden, but maybe thats because I don't get the whole H mark of shame feeling some people have.

This is a trophy based website, to show you the trophies and do all the things it does already.

I think the website doesn't need to tell you if a trophy is unobtainable, that's what trophy guides are for, if I want to know if the servers are closed I either google it or read the guide. Useless in my point of view.

The OP referred to Plats/100% not for each individual trophy that is unobtainable.

Also, having all that info in one place is way more convenient than searching the internet for it.