Save games...

Dreakon13

Hey guys,

I don't have a PS4, but I have a question (which may be relevant for me when Season 3 comes around).  How are save games handled between the PS3 and PS4, if at all?

Hypothetically, if I complete Season 1 on the PS3, how would my PS4 pick up my save game (and thus my choices) if I load up Season 2?  Does it pick it up at all?  Are the games crossplay or something, and savegames able to be put on the cloud (assuming I have PS+)?  If they're releasing the game for two Playstation consoles, there must be some way to get the save games to transfer between the two, right?  Or are you just SOL when it comes to progressing based on your old savegames/choices?

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

Edited by Dreakon13

Take it for what it's worth, but this is something someone posted on another site claiming it's a response from Telltale support...

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer PS3 save data from The Walking Dead to the PS4 version of Season 2. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you, Evan

Which is unfortunate.  I don't plan on purchasing Season 1 again when I have a PS4, wouldn't want the duplicate on my profile, and in light of this I guess any future purchases (Season 2, 3, and so on) will have to be on the PS4 if I want to ensure any kind of continuity... except for Season 1 to Season 2.

EDIT: Unless I decide to get Season 2 on the PS3 (since I don't actually own a PS4 yet)... and cross my fingers they do Season 3 on the PS3 as well.  You'd have to think they would develop some kind of savegame transfer capability if they decide to go PS4 only at any point in the franchise, right? xD

Edited by Dreakon13

• 8 months later...

I guess it's the same on the Vita ?

I have played season 1 on the Vita, the save is on my Ps+ cloud, but I would prefer to play S2 on the PS4, is it possible ? (not to play S2 on PS4, I know it is!, but to play S2 on PS4 based on the choices I made in S1 on Vita ?)

Thanks !

• 3 months later...