My Private Stash?

TheRonamon

Hey guys I'm a little confused with how this trophy works. I beat the game with 10 special weapons and got my last two on NG+ from The First Warden and Commander, as of now I have:

Stain (Hammer)
Clawfinger (Greataxe)
Persistence (Greatsword) NG+
Uras (Polesword)
Bloostick (Shortsword)
Firewalker (Shortsword)
Curse (Shortsword)
Sting (Fist)

Defender (Buckler)
Stance (Kite Shield)
Commander Shield (Tower Shield) NG+
Blocker (Buckler)

I clearly have 12 yet the trophy didn't pop... so do I have to get 12 in one single run or is there something I'm not understanding?

Hey guys I'm a little confused with how this trophy works. I beat the game with 10 special weapons and got my last two on NG+ from The First Warden and Commander, as of now I have:

Stain (Hammer)

Clawfinger (Greataxe)

Persistence (Greatsword) NG+

Uras (Polesword)

Bloostick (Shortsword)

Firewalker (Shortsword)

Curse (Shortsword)

Sting (Fist)

Defender (Buckler)

Stance (Kite Shield)

Commander Shield (Tower Shield) NG+

Blocker (Buckler)

I clearly have 12 yet the trophy didn't pop... so do I have to get 12 in one single run or is there something I'm not understanding?

Given that the trophies are pretty unclear (like the class-based trophies), my guess would be that you need to get 1 special weapon of each type.  So, you need a Dagger, Axe, and Staff instead of three Shortswords and Two Bucklers.  That's just my guess though, someone else can confirm.  The other thought is that shields don't count as weapons.

Shields do count towards this trophy. You don't need to get them all in a single playthrough so long as you get them all on the same save file. Have a double check and make sure the weapons you have listed have their name written in gold. If the name isn't in gold it's not a special weapon.

Given that the trophies are pretty unclear (like the class-based trophies), my guess would be that you need to get 1 special weapon of each type. So, you need a Dagger, Axe, and Staff instead of three Shortswords and Two Bucklers. That's just my guess though, someone else can confirm. The other thought is that shields don't count as weapons.

The class trophies are based solely on your choice of magic. Choosing Brawler magic will give you the Warrior trophy, choosing Solace magic will give you the Cleric trophy and Deception magic gives you the Rogue trophy. Edited by FilmFanatic

I've definitely got 12 Special Weapons, they are in orange and I made sure to purify the Curse sword in the graveyard.. what I am wondering though is if they can't be replicates? like I have Persistence twice, one normal from first playthrough and one in orange from NG+ so maybe that's why? I have no clue, I'll leave this trophy till last, I'll play through Cleric/Rogue and make sure I get 12 in single game and see if that works.

• 4 weeks later...

I see you got your Platinum. What did you find out? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks

Sorry for not replying! I'm not sure if you have the Platinum but I had to get all the weapons in one playthrough, NG+ didn't work for me, however the armour one worked fine carrying it over, I forgot the number I needed but I needed one more at the end of the game and could not find it, so I started new game as a rogue and it unlocked with the first rogue armour set.

• 8 months later...

These are weapons you get for beating a boss in a specific way right? I was expecting to get two weapons after beating two bosses but I got nothing, don't feel like doing a fourth playthrough but if I have to I have to, the game is fun enough.

I am on my first playthrough and was able to get one of the boss weapon, Clawfinger, an orange version. It looks like you get a more common version of the weapon, purple in color, if you beat the boss without doing the special task. When I beat the first boss I got a purple version of Persistence because I didn't beat him without getting hit. When I killed the third boss and did the requirement of making him kill two of his summoned golems, it gave me the orange version of Clawfinger.

When I killed the third boss and did the requirement of making him kill two of his summoned golems, it gave me the orange version of Clawfinger.

Try and do them all on the playthrough you are on now then. I'm on NG+ and they aren't unlocking for me. Not sure if it's a common issue or just me but better to do them now just in case.

Try and do them all on the playthrough you are on now then. I'm on NG+ and they aren't unlocking for me. Not sure if it's a common issue or just me but better to do them now just in case.

I will have to wait until NG+. I already missed a couple of the requirements.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The DLC weapons don't count, and the trophy didn't hit for me either when I acquired my 12th item. My upgraded Curse was purple and not orange, so I'm guessing it didn't count towards the 12. The trophy popped after I picked up the shield from the Brothers fight. The only weapon that I missed was the Commander Shield, because I derped out and just killed him while blocking some hits and without letting him destroy the statue. :-/ The Beast still destroyed it for me, luckily.

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure this has been patched already and I think they were feeling guilty about it, because I received it when I didn't even follow all of the criteria. For example, I certainly never defeated Annihilator with a lightning based weapon, because his weapon's name wasn't orange in my inventory!

• 2 months later...

Well, I didn't get this trophy during my first play through, so I started over with new rogue... this time, I made sure I completed all the challenges during boss fights to get the orange items.  I killed the Annihilator last night with the Unity Staff and the trophy popped.  Didn't even have to kill the two brothers.  Btw, the Curse sword doesn't count for me; it was "white" when I picked it up, upgraded to "purple" after buried.  I don't know if it's possible to pick up the "purple" version, then upgrade it to orange.  It's a good sword against ghosts.