What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but didn't see anything similar on the first two pages.

Really curious about what sells people on the Vita and why gamers decide to buy it.

Personally, I heard fantastic things about Persona 4 Golden and after watching a few episodes of the anime (strongly recommended!) I fell in love with the story. The game was def worth it and I recommend it to EVERYONE, especially fans of high-school, slice of life anime, turn based combat, and whodunit mysteries. I completed it recently, but I already have so many fond, nostalgic memories of it, the kind I reserve for games like Final Fantasy X from a decade ago!

But ofc, you don't buy a handheld gaming device for a single game (unless it's a 2/3DS and the game is Pokemon X/Y) and I had quite a few PS1-era Final Fantasy games which I wanted to play, but never got around to on the PS3. The Vita was absolutely perfect for those, since they look a lot better on the smaller screen!

So go ahead, share your reasons/inspirational short stories for taking the plunge!

• Like 2

Anime games, PSP Classics and Indies. Other games on the Vita are pretty lackluster in my opinion. Only reason i got a Vita...oh, and because i love Sony.

Anime games like Danganronpa and Virtue's Last Reward, visual novels? I've always wondered what the gameplay was like in those :/  Also, know any good PSP Classic RPGs? Besides Trails in the Sky ^_^

• Like 1

After I saw Tales of Hearts R was going to be Vita exclusive I wanted one, then I looked into what other games were exclusive to the system to make sure it would be worth the purchase.

Turns out it has a good library of games I want to play like Sorcery Saga, Demon Gaze, Virtue's Last Reward and so on. I just haven't had the money to be able to fund games atm so my personal library of Vita games is small.

• Like 2

A lot of really awesome games, portability of PSVita, PSP, PS1 classics, cross play, cross buy, BINDING OF ISAAC: REBIRTH.

But yeah, because I wanted to add more games to my PlayStation collection.  IMO, it's a great device and I don't regret ever buying it.  Loads of JRPGs as well. ^__^

• Like 1

I worked for a church, and they had a PS3. So on the weekends I'd borrow it and play some games. It was then that I discovered Playstation Plus, and all the free games it gave me. I soon bought my own 500gb PS3 slim to give me more space for the digital library I was getting. Soon they started adding Vita games to PS+ and eventually with it coming up to Christmas I decided to get one for my Christmas present as I was going to be doing a lot of travelling and I had all these free games going to waste, so why not get a Vita. Since then I've discovered incredible titles like Virtue's Last Reward, Persona 4 Golden, Gravity Rush and lots more smaller titles. I also picked up Killzone Mercenary since it was on sale for £7 and I'm very impressed with what the Vita can do graphically.

My only dislike of the Vita is that I can't get a bigger memory card than the 16gb one that came with my original bundle of LittleBigPlanet Vita and Tearaway (great deal for £150!) since I want all my digital games on my console at once, and with only 16gb I keep having to swap games out which is lame.

I love my Vita, I love getting trophies on the go and I love all the incredible, and many free, titles I have for the system. A must buy for the hardcore gamer on the move, or who wants to earn trophies but not get out of bed.

My only dislike of the Vita is that I can't get a bigger memory card than the 16gb one that came with my original bundle of LittleBigPlanet Vita and Tearaway (great deal for £150!) since I want all my digital games on my console at once, and with only 16gb I keep having to swap games out which is lame.

You can get a 32gb card in the uk, or you can import a 64gb card from Japan. Kinda pricey though.

There wasnt really a specific game I wanted for it. I had Killzone Mercenary in mind so thats probably what made me buy it. I kinda went back and forth with my decision before deciding. My first game for it was Shinobido 2. No regrets, enjoying the system and without it I would have never played awesome games like Danganronpa and Tearaway!

Bought one because of: 

-Remote play (really wanted to try that out)

-The decent amount of games that are released/ being released

-Japanese imports

-The 32gb memory card (even though it was expensive at the time) so I can play music, videos, more space for games etc.

-Cross play/ cross-buy

-When I first held one, I really wanted to buy it because of the feel of the ps vita is so comfortable for me, I love the touch screen, dual analog, etc.

-I knew right away that ps plus would give some good games for free

-I heard that the Vita could be used as a controller for the ps3 (which is true)

-Looooooooooooooooooooooove indie games lol

-I can download some games that I bought from the PS3 psn store like psp/ ps1 classics

I know there's more reasons on why I bought the ps vita, but I couldn't think of more

• Like 1

To be completely honest, it was an impulse buy. But since then, I've bought so many JRPGs and one in particular I really enjoy playing a lot. Normally when I buy something on a sheer impulse, I tend to mess with it for a few days and then move on to something else. But I didn't do that with the Vita. Another reason is that a friend of mine from college said that she played a demo of Gravity Rush at Gamestop and instantly fell in love with both the game and the handheld. 

• Like 2