What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

Had a PS3 for quite a few years now but obviously it's static, so wanted something I could play at any time and anywhere. Loved my gameboy when I was growing up but the DS doesn't really have the sort of games I would like to play tbh so obviously a Vita was the answer!

Not that I even have my Vita yet, ordered it off Amazon a week ago and they haven't dispatched it yet!!!

LittleBIGPlanet, WipeOut 2048, Killzone: Mercenary but also incredible Tearaway, Dead Nation and many others. I love multiplayers on the first three games I mentioned. I have also had a PSP before and it was my favourite console of all time so I couldn't resist that beutiful successor! Cross-play is also an amazing feature not to mention the perfect size and amazing games quality. The ability to write messages and stay in touch with my PSN and real friends while I'm on vacation or anywhere else. My best friend also bought a Vita and since then we play together and have tons of laughs :D I can also play God of War on it and many other PS1/2/3 or PSP games. I can't wait fort the PS Now app to come out and play some real PS4 games. I also whish PS Vita would work as a controller for my PS3/4. Summing up there are so many reasons to have it that I won't even bother to write anymore :D Seriously, that console will forever stay in my heart! #Vitamasterrace !

I had a PSP and was always a bit disappointed with the games on it so told myself that i'd never get the vita....but I had a PS Plus subscription and so kept adding lots of games to my download list that I kept thinking I'd love to play...so I took the plunge and bought one. I love it, play it way more then my PS4 at the moment

• Like 1

I'm more of a portable gamer. I've played over 5,000 hours on my 3DS and probably a good few hundred on PSP. From looking through videos I loved the customizable homescreens and how you could have various applications open at once in tabs and flick through them so quickly. Also noted the massive library of RPGs, which is a genre I need to get more into. I actually couldn't think of a reason not to get one  ^_^

• Like 1

A few months back I decided to hunt for the original OLED ps vita since everything pointed to its extinction.

After searching what must have been 10 to 15 shops across the map, I ended up at a Jumbo electronics shop that just so happened to distribute sony products in the region at base prices. One kind guy checked the storage and managed to find the last remaining OLED model! Bought it instantly, and have been enjoying it since.

The absolutely huge variety of Japanese ports available in the US for the PS Vita immediately sold me on the system. And then you have the amazing port of Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat Gold, Mortal Kombat Unchained. The fighting games are numerous, and I love it! Are they as good as the console versions? For the most part, not quite, but they do play well enough that I don't mind. And then you have the glorious indies like Murasaki Baby, FEZ, Tearaway, TxK, and Super Stardust Delta. THEN you have the backlog of RPGs available for the system. My lord, it's handheld heaven!

• Like 1

The system looked so much fun to play with.

Uncharted and the PS1 Classics where the main reason why I got it.

Although I don't play that much on the Vita at all, I don't regret my purchase. These days, I get around finishing some of the games that I started.

I got the Vita because I thought it would have games. Turns out it's getting little support, it's being phased out of the electronics department where I work and the only games that are actually being made on it are fuckin' kawaii JRPG's.