What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

It's the first handheld I've owned. I was even bound and determined not to get one. I had a friend trying to convince me to get one for over a year and had finally given up. What finally convinced me was running all over the place, picking up kids, wife, doctor's appointments and sitting around waiting for others. It works as an anxiety reliever in these situations. I didn't know I was going to have as severe a gaming addiction when I started popping trophies, but after my first plat, I've kind of gone on a tear, much to the dismay of my wife, I'm sure, but she's great and very supportive. When I first bought it, she wouldn't drive if there was ice or snow out or even a possibility of that happening throughout the day. That turned out to be 5 to 7 months of the year. I hated sitting and waiting and it filled my gaming needs. That's what it boils down to. I'm very happy with my purchase! Good day to all!

I had been looking at buying one for a while, just to round out the "Sony experience" and for remote play. I'd been making sure to add Vita PS+ games to my library ever since I started the subscription, and eventually the local EB had them at a really good price, in a bundle with 6 Lego games. I figured I might as well, because between the PS+ titles, lego bundle, and any PS classics or cross-buys I had purchased, I already had access to 40+ titles, so it was a pretty easy decision. Remote play came in super-handy when my girlfriend at the time got heavily addicted to Supernatural.

DJMAX Technika Tune, Senran Kagura and Freedom Wars were the games that convinced me to get a Vita.

Now I have a lot to play. I need to clear the backlog.

i bought it because it was my bday and wanted to spoil myself haha, and i was really really interested in FFx remastered as it was brand new at the time and completely blew my mind that it was now a handheld experience

then i bought a ps4 because friggen destiny was over hyped .. and then became addicted to sony and followed up with a ps-tv and a ps3 (since mine broke ages ago with ALL my saves)

Edited by xenochrist420

My original reason was to play Corpse Party on beautiful OLED screen as I didn't have PSP and I had been thinking how amazing piece of hardware Vita is. I immediatly fell in love and started using Vita daily. Even now I'm typing this on Vita. When I don't play with Vita, I browse sites, read comics, watch videos - I even pay my billls with Vita ffs. I have never used any device as much as my Vita since I bought this, so I'm really happy I did.

tl;dr: Hi, I'm theJJ88 and I'm Vita addict.

Needed something to do while in the bus, I have PS Plus for my PS4 so I already had an access to some free games for the Vita.

Paid the Vita used with a mem card 100$. I do not regret buying it, playing a lot of Olliolli2 right now, tried The Swapper also, both are nice games and I have a few other in my library. 0$ for the games yet...  :D

I kind of actually bought it for Remote Play and so I can look up youtube videos for trophies without having to check my computer.

That I also wanted Tales of Hearts R, and hoping Digimon Cyber Sleuth gets localized.

while Tales of Hearts R was the main game I wanted I ended up playing Sword Art Online Hollow fragment more and is my currently my favorite game on the system. I did look at some gameplay videos and didn't think the game would be any good, but turned out to be a bit better then I thought so I might import the Lost Song on PS3 and Vita unless it comes to North America.

Niche games that are there - Danganronpa, Toukiden, Persona 4 Golden, Ys: Memories of Celceta.

It's a haven for Japanese titles which are my bread and butter.  Admittedly I love Sony products which was also a big swinger over getting it rather than a DS.

Now that I have a fairly large commute to work I may get a DS, have a tickle on Pokemon for old times sake and see what beasts await.  But I'll probably most likely get an iPad for Hearthstone and Magic the Gathering, guilty pleasures of mine that are far beyond me in the physical format.

If only Magic had been ported to PSVita back when they were releasing them annually.