What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

Sony instructed me to buy one. But seriously, read the first sentence again. Uncharted golden abyss. The ability to earn trophies on the go and have them count towards my established profile. Cross-saves. It's got 2 thumbsticks for controls. Option to buy physical games and/or digital. 3G connectivity. Remote play. Front and rear touch controls. Oled screen. It looks sexy. I had the money. I love games. You do the math.

• Like 4

I had a PSP and that was always fun to take on journeys etc. 

I liked the fact it had decent looking games like Uncharted, LBP, WipEout and later on Tearaway.

It has trophies!

It's even got HD Collections nowadays, Jak, Ratchet, Kratos, Sly! 
PSone Classics
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Screen is lush, and all the features are cool (used particularly well in Tearaway)
Remote Play with PS4 is pretty cool. Peggle in the kitchen is something everyone should be able to enjoy.

I found a really good sale for it (at the time) around Black Friday on Amazon. I think it was like $180 for the white AC3: Liberation bundle and it also came with a digital code for Playstation All-Stars and another code or 2 for a few months of PS+ or something. I didn't have much desire to purchase one prior to that or really even at the time. But I figured there were enough games I'd be interested in playing and PS+ would really help out with games to play (and it definitely has). Furthermore, trophies were also a factor because I liked the idea of being able to earn trophies on another device.

I don't regret my purchase or anything, but I've kind of run dry on games to play for the most part. I was hoping to play more games like Uncharted, but unfortunately the Vita is nothing but indie games and cross-platform games. It's a shame, but at least I've gotten some good use out of it. Still...

Simple really, im a serious gamer, i have 2 accounts, this one and General_phuk_up, and bought 2 vita's, one for each account so any multiplayer trophies are quickly worked around, plus it's gaming on the go people, a no brainer, nothing better than picking up a plat whilst waiting for me chips, and it made fifa 13 a breeze

Basically the back log of ps plus vita games, the remote play feature and the fact I got a PPI payment back. (Ended up getting a PS4 a few weeks after release with 5 games and 2 blu-rays and a PS Vita Tearaway package and Dynasty Warriors Next as well in the space of 2 days as I went on a spree to blow the lot)

I bought mine, because I assumed we'd be getting Monster Hunter on Vita, like in Japan. Then, they decided to only release it on 3DS, like a bunch of jerks. I absolutely love my vita, and have found tons of games to play though, so I'm glad I ended up buying it.

There's always Freedom Unite ^_^

A Black Friday deal I stumbled across last year pushed me over the edge.  Persona 4 Golden being on the system didn't hurt either.  :D

I always knew I would get one since my bread and butter are Japanese games and RPGs.  I'll be getting my PS4 for a similar reason (Persona 5) depending on Black Friday deals this year.

A Gravity Rush demo that I played in the store. xD I didn't get the Vita until this summer though, since I was still waiting for some more games to come out. When I heard that  Danganronpa 2 was coming out in September I just couldn't hold back anymore.