What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

Never had one of the "new" handhelds bevor. Just like the Nintendo DS or the PSP.

So I bought it at the Amazon Cybermonday back in 2012.

Don't use it very often. But maybe i should do it, and push my trophies. ;D

Loved the PSP and had high expectations for Vita
Dual sticks, big beautiful screen
Tearaway
PS1 games
Great price - $60 used but like new Vita 1k (w/charger), 8GB memory card, and carry case

Kinda disappointed in lack of Sony support, absurdly expensive memory card (just paid price of the machine to get a 32GB - $54) and all the creepy weeb fanservice games.

I wanted a Vita so I could amuse myself when waiting on the train, on work breaks, etc... I came to love it so much! I have come to play games on my Vita I wouldn't normally have such as LEGO games, I enjoy Soul Sacrifice and S.S Delta, EDF is great fun, it is just a sweet pick up and play device, I have never been interested in DSs or such. So the fact of earning trophies while at work no less! Makes me smile :)

I got a turkey out of the freezer to defrost and I put it in a bag. However my psp was in that bag and the turkey defrosted on it, got it wet and well broke it. So instead of buying another psp I got a ps vita. 

• Like 2

Project Diva F2nd/Rhythm games. But then I saw Project Diva F2nd was gonna be available on PS3 and bought the PS3 version. Then I saw a trailer for IA/VT Colorful in the summer of 2015 and saw that it was coming to the PS Vita and since I got into Vocaloids in late 2014 and listened to IA, I wanted that game. I started working in the summer and ended up saving money to but a Vita 2000 new for $150, a 64GB memory card, IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box, and Project Diva F2nd.

I've been having my Vita for about 8 months and love it! Aside from the rhythm games, I got to try out some cool games like Senran Kagura, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Velocity 2X and Gravity Rush. Right now I have 9 rhythm games and I plan on getting Miracle Girls Festival & Taiko No Tatsujin V version.

I have both a Vita & N3DS XL and I play my Vita a lot more than my 3ds. The Vita has more games that interest me. If it wasn't for Project Mirai DX I don't think I would've gotten a 3DS :P

I wasn't using my 3DS any more so instead of having it catching dust, I traded it for a Vita because thanks to having a PS4, I got free games for it that I wasn't playing.

I have started using it as a screen for my PS4 when a tv was unavailable as well, but I still haven't bought any games for it even though I've owned it for almost a year now.

How I didn't have this system :P I like collecting systems in general and just how I didn't have this one at the time, plus it was made by Sony, I definitely wanted it... Even though I only had Super Monkey ball (which I lost ;-;) for it.. I lost everything for a couple years, picked everything back up and started using it to its full potential cause I came across Persona, Danganronpa, Tearaway, etc. and I was having a blast.

I got my Vita 1000 in 2012 on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (I forget) when it was on sale. 

I have played it almost every day since then. I even got a PS TV to see if that was worth using (not as much), and a few months ago I got a Vita 2000 since the 1000's battery is dying. It's my favorite system, including my PS3 and PS4. I wish it was still getting Western AAA games like it got in the beginning (Gravity Rush is probably my favorite), but it's had so many good indie and JRPG games that I've always had plenty to play. I've enjoyed a few PS1 and PSP games too (I never had a PSP) and I have a huge backlog. Remote Play is great too, and if the Vita had L2/3 and R2/3 buttons I'd hardly ever use 

The Hyperdimension Neptunia series is worth the price of admission alone.  :awesome:

Edited by MosesRockefeller

Western AAA games like it got in the beginning (Gravity Rush is probably my favorite), 

Wait, wait wait...

>western

>AAA

>Gravity Rush

Okay, guess it is AAA but... western? =D 

The Hyperdimension Neptunia series is worth the price of admission alone.  :awesome:

You know what is good, man :awesome:

I originally wanted one so I could play something on the bus that wasn't the DS, mainly the ps1 classics, but now i'm back to using the DS again. It is good for messaging though - on Destiny I raid with people who don't have a mic and it's great for that. Other than that the only thing I really use it for now is interweb, cos its quicker than firing the laptop up. 

I bought a PSTV , i no it's not a Vita but it can play Vita games anyway, to play Steins;Gate 0 and didn't want to spend much money to buy a Vita itself. Also i might get Persona 4 Golden , Muramasa Rebirth and some other games aswell for the system.

Edited by Jiaho24

Wait, wait wait...

>western

>AAA

>Gravity Rush

Okay, guess it is AAA but... western? =D 

Haha, fair enough. I guess I should say that Gravity Rush is a non-JRPG AAA game. The Vita has few enough AAA games that we can just say JRPG / non-JRPG instead of Eastern / Western. 

You know what is good, man  :awesome:

I know, I finished the 3 Re;birth games and I'm going through PP and Action Unleashed now. I'm almost done with them and I'm missing the "proper" RPG experience of the Re;birth games. I already have Megatagmension and Hyperdevotion Noire but I may want to play Megadimension first for the regular RPG gameplay. I'm not sure about playing it on the PS4 though, one of the reasons I've enjoyed these games on the Vita is that the more "questionable" moments are not shown on my big TV.  :o
Edited by MosesRockefeller

I know, I finished the 3 Re;birth games and I'm going through PP and Action Unleashed now. I'm almost done with them and I'm missing the "proper" RPG experience of the Re;birth games. I already have Megatagmension and Hyperdevotion Noire but I may want to play Megadimension first for the regular RPG gameplay. I'm not sure about playing it on the PS4 though, one of the reasons I've enjoyed these games on the Vita is that the more "questionable" moments are not shown on my big TV.  :o

Then just remote play those... "questionable" moments =D