What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

I loved my PSP, and was looking forward to its successor. I kind of jumped on the hype train it was creating at the time, and I'm rather disappointed how it turned out. I don't regret buying it one bit though. :)  I'd do it again if given a chance to go back a few years.

I don't know if there was ever a right time for the Vita. The 3DS was getting a full head of steam after a slow start, plus the smart phone/tablet scene was much bigger than during the PSP era.

Potentially for remote play (hell, some games even support Vita functionality, like Titanfall 2! I might try out FFXV thru the vita, if I can indeed connect through two different networks). I wanted to play Spyro on vita, but Sony is a rip-off and only allows playing on PS3 and PSP. (If only Spyro could be played on PS4, then I could emulate) :( There are some games that I feel are suited for a small screen, like Lego games, those Go games, SpongeBob, volume, etc.

The Vita never struck me at all when it come out, I just said I would buy one at some point because I had owned a PSP. But I looked at the games and at the time they all seemed to be HD remasters which never interested me. 

If you follow youtube check out MetalJesusRocks, he did a video on why to buy the vita, so I was like okay it looks cool i'll keep my eyes peeled, and found out they did an AC and Uncharted game for it so was like okay... then on Facebook somebody was selling one for £65 with 5 games... came with Uncharted, AC: Liberation, Little Big Planet, Wipeout 2048 and Lego Jurassic World and I've been hooked on it every since, it's brilliant!

I play on it all the time at work and I'm always buying games that look different or interesting for me... the vita also helped me discover my love for visual novel games and companies like Limited Run Games are keeping the vita alive by putting digital only games into physical format, and getting Oddworld on the vita was like a dream come true :)

Best thing I ever owned :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jivesh1995 said:

Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush

That's wasn't the reason i got the system but ended up disocvering 2 awesome games in the process . Loved and plat Gravity  Rush and currently playing P4G and loving it even more :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

That's wasn't the reason i got the system but ended up disocvering 2 awesome games in the process . Loved and plat Gravity  Rush and currently playing P4G and loving it even more :D

Nice, Persona 4 Golden is also an easy plat if you follow a guide for the Max Social Links trophy. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I bought it for FFX/X-2 HD. Also, I go on a lot of holidays and spend 6 months abroad in Japan, so I wanted something to play while away from home. When I was there, they had some great vita games and I got into visual novels, so I'm glad I bought the vita. Tales of Hearts R and Innocence R were other motives as I'm a huge fan of the Tales series. 

• 3 weeks later...

Got one for two purposes: vacations and anxiety.
Vacations-- don't have to lug around a console... don't have to worry if the hotel/airBNB has a tv.... can play it on the airplane or in the car...

Anxiety-- sometimes I need to focus on something other than the current situation to delay or lessen a panic attack; having a Vita allows me to immerse myself in a much more intense way than playing with a phone.

I originally got the first model as a gift and was amazed by it. But after I accidentally broke that one I bought a slim. The quality of games is just too good to pass up. Between the awesome games, great visuals, and the therapeutic nature of trophy hunting, the Vita is probably the best thing I've ever spent money on.