NSR_Apathy

What made you buy a Vita?

627 posts in this topic

Was going to Europe for my honeymoon, and I wanted something to pass the time on the plane.

On 7/30/2016 at 6:57 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Definitely do! 

White Vita-tan is the most beautiful thing ever!

Btw, if he's planning to inherit your Vita, do not forget to unlink your account as Vita is single account.

I would prefer the red one. Or even the blue. Some of the special editions very tempting too. Almost bought a red one from an ex Sony UK employee. Still regret today not having done that.

Anyway bought a Vita as it's the best handheld that was ever made. We even have 3.

Edited by cris3f

I've been wanting to get one for some time, but haven't found a price I like, nor do I know enough about the various models!

I love Tales of saga so I bought PS Vita when Bandai Namco announced the european release of Tales of Hearts R. Later I bought Tales of Innocence R in japanese because they didn't bring thos game to us D:

I can play alot in work when I scive so it's ideal for me haha. 

Plus having always been a playstation man with a lot a love for a tonne a games, and alot you can get for free on crossbuy it was a no brainer! 

Got mine on eBay with 6 games and the screen itself had never been touched. 

Absolute mint condition too. Winner :)

Edited by MIKEY-L-666

I was always pretty excited for Vita. I have a few PSP's but never found them all that viable to play on, also have a few DS's which were always nice. Vita looked like it would top them all and for the most part it has.

Found my docket from the first one I got a couple of days after launch. Pretty obscene prices, spent about the same on the ps4 with an import title just to put it into perspective:

FPsTqHu.jpg

Wanting to play Persona 3 Portable. Although I've discovered that remote play has been a big-time game changer. I like that the most about the Vita. Shame the PS3's library is sparse in support for RP. It would have been useful to slowly grind all those JRPGs.

The PSP was good, so it was only a matter of time before I'd buy a Vita.  Ys: Memories of Celceta locked it in for me.

I can play @ work and lot's of slutty platinums :P

Edited by bezdomnekoty

Bought mine right around the time I graduated High School and all my friends decided to chip in on a  rental place.

Took this picture with it at the beach (Summer of 2012), this one girl named Jasmine laughed and said, "those icons look like Mentos."

nmFz6ej.jpg

Real reason why I bought it was because I love Handhelds.

I got mine because of Playstation Plus.  I would always collect all the games and eventually I realized I had a whole bunch to play and nothing to play them on.  

Portable PSOne Classics, PS4 Remote Play, and on-the-go Spelunky and Fez. Kind of regret it for the first two, as mapping L2/R2 and L3/R3 to the touch screen and pad is always uncomfortable for me. Even though I have the HORI Remote Play grip, most games don’t have custom mapping which ruins it. And the lack of multiple accounts means I play my Vita with my original PSN profile that I buy all my digital games with, so I’ll never get Vita content on my active profile unless I buy physical.

Edited by Super Glamicom

Having loved Persona 5, I really wanted to play Persona 4, but didn't want to have to be tied to using save points. When I realized that I could play Golden instead (with trophies), plus Persona 3 Portable, as well as Final Fantasy IX (want to play but don't like save points) and Valkyria Chronicles 2 (not available on any other platform), it made me finally decide to jump in. Having trophies on the go really sealed the deal. I am so glad I did though - it's such a comfortable system and really easy to use. Having Sleep mode makes it really easy to play RPGs bit by bit, too.

The price of the proprietary memory cards and the continuing 1st party support! 😈

People who trophy hunt did and I wanted to be like the cool kids. Sure, I'll play a bunch of otaku games that have NepNep in them. 

15 hours ago, Primeape said:

The price of the proprietary memory cards and the continuing 1st party support! 1f608.png

What made you buy Vita, not what made you not buy her :awesome: 

I loved my PSP and I wanted to upgrade to the next hand held because I have been on the Sony train since the late 90s, ever since PS1.

I wanted to have one because I thought it would be fun. I was right.

When I fly in on a business trip or vacation, the magazines just do not do it for me.  Nothing beats trophies on a plane.  

This forum lol I started posting two days ago, and yesterday I was already at Gamestop to buy a brand new one 😂 this forum, staying here with you guys, has totally increased my trophy hunting passion! 

We're a good army! 💪

Mainly for Persona 4 Golden and the free monthly games.