What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

One day I was walking along the street when a voice came out of no where directed me into the local gamestop. Normally this is no big deal as I go to Gamestop all the time but this day felt different. Wondering why the voice had told me to go into the store, I started to look around at the many games they had looking for an interesting title when I felt a tug on my soul that brought me to the back of the store.

there I found a PS Vita that was stuck halfway into a piece of stone. I asked the store clerk why this Vita was stuck in the stone, and they said that it was like that when they opened that morning, and no one has yet been able to take it out of the stone. Feeling compelled, I reached for the Vita and pulled.

Without effort the Vita came away in my hands and the voice said "This is your purpose, designed by the gods".

I walked out of the store with the Vita in my hand and the purpose in my soul to rule the universe.

Cool story bro, i r8 8/8.

• Like 1

Can't remember if i've already answered this topic or it's just that I've answered this question numerous times... but it was a complete impulse buy. There was an awesome deal on Amazon for it around Black Friday 2 years ago. There weren't even a ton of games I was interested in playing. Mainly Uncharted and a few other games I thought would be worth playing. I wasn't even remotely interested in Persona at the time, but I eventually fulfilled my duty as a Vita owner to play that game and I'm damn glad I did. It was worth the purchase, even though I'm basically down to just playing the occasional game that grabs my attention on PS+ for it. I feel I've already played through pretty much all what I'm interested in as far as its library goes. And there doesn't seem to be much in the future to look forward to, which is a shame.

Can't remember if i've already answered this topic or it's just that I've answered this question numerous times... but it was a complete impulse buy. There was an awesome deal on Amazon for it around Black Friday 2 years ago. There weren't even a ton of games I was interested in playing. Mainly Uncharted and a few other games I thought would be worth playing. I wasn't even remotely interested in Persona at the time, but I eventually fulfilled my duty as a Vita owner to play that game and I'm damn glad I did. It was worth the purchase, even though I'm basically down to just playing the occasional game that grabs my attention on PS+ for it. I feel I've already played through pretty much all what I'm interested in as far as its library goes. And there doesn't seem to be much in the future to look forward to, which is a shame.

I guess you don't like jrpgs since the only jrpg that u've played in your profile was P4G. It's a sad truth but people who doesnt like jrpgs will find it difficult to be excited about anything with the vita but if you're like me, who loves jrpg to the death, there are a lot of games that i've yet to play due to some circumstances and more is coming next year.

It's a sad truth but people who doesnt like jrpgs will find it difficult to be excited about anything with the vita 

Ok I retract this statement. Vita owners who don't like jrpgs does have something to look forward to next year. Resident Evil Revelations 2 is coming to Vita for those people who doesn't own a ps4 or a decent pc.

• 3 weeks later...

Gravity Rush and Disgaea 3. I bought my Vita 3G on June 10th 2012(My birthday), right before Gravity Rush (June 12th, 2012) came out in NA.

I remember buying Disgaea 3 on digital the first day I got my Vita. I was charmed by the characters, graphic, and the world of Gravity Rush. I completed the story during my trip to Vancour, British Columbia, and Alberta.

Almost Everything!

When I saw the Vita for the first time, I was sold! It was a hardcore gamer's dream, it had front touch screen,dual analog sticks and a great beautiful display. I had my worries about the rear touch pad and it's usefulness. I bought when it was on sale for 200$ and I regret nothing. People complain that there is a lack of game but my comeback to those people is that they don't look hard enough. Sure, it may have not Triple A Games every year but it has amazing hidden gems in the systems. 

List of Awesome Games for the Vita: Persona 4 Golden, Killzone Mercenary, Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc and it's sequel, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD and etc....

The only things it needs now heavy advertising, steady flow of games, and price cut on Memory Cards then I think the sales could skyrocket.

I was initially unsure on the Vita. I already had a PSP and a few other consoles.

Then my birthday came around and I decided to treat myself. Partially because FFX/X2 was out on Vita.

Since then, I have gotten a few other games. But I haven't had time to play them all...

I was one of the few people who actually enjoyed the first Playstation Portable, and had great memories playing MGS: Peacewalker, Persona 3 Portable (one of the greatest RPGs in my opinion) and the GOW titles that were on it.  So upgrading to the Vita was a natural progression for me, in fact I also bought the PS TV this Christmas and will probably take that on the road with my Vita when I travel.  Finally, playing MGS3: Snake Eater HD on a portable is just heaven, that's my favorite game of all time and although I could have also played it on a 3ds it just feels more natural with the Sony brand.

I had been thinking about getting one for awhile, well I worked at Gamestop awhile kind of. And another guy that worked there used it everywhere and he loved it, he told me to get it, so I started look up games for it and Tearaway was my direct love. Later that week I bought it with an Tearaway! Great handheld, the best I've had I think :) Recommend everyone to buy it

Was simple for me, ease of playing.  Be it sitting on the sofa when the kids are watching TV or last thing at night before going to sleep.  I can play anywhere with my Vita or anytime (assuming I have power) :-) I've probably clocked 2x more hours on Vita than on PS3.