What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

I can't remember.

I got it for Christmas back in 2012, and since then I've only played it for three months before I stopped using it. I don't even get games from it, but then again, I haven't seen many games that appeal to me that much.

I have a Plus membership and every month PSVita games come up so i did not want to miss them and purchase it. It is a shame that PSVita games won't be published anymore from 12nd July. Damn you Sony :(

Did I miss anything? There will be releases coming after that date.

It is a shame that PSVita games won't be published anymore from 12nd July. Damn you Sony :(

Wait, what? 

What do you mean by this?

And yes Persona 4 Golden is just perfect. I love that game. The feels are phenomenal. Great music, characters, and character growth (Kanji, Naoto, Naoki & Ai are some of my favorites.) I beat it several times and can never bring myself to skip the credits, that song makes me want to go outside and hug random strangers lol. I let my sisters play it and they enjoyed it as much as I did. They're far from gamers but they loved it so much they even bought the animation.

Never More is a godly song, even though it didn't get to TOP 3 of TOP 25 Persona songs =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Mostly to play games like WipEout, Blazblue and Uncharted on the move and some exclusives. I also really liked the idea of getting trophies while i am outside xD, it was a great buy and i mostly love it when i am away at holidays! I nowadays have it always with me, also to work ^_^

Having just ordered a Vita about an hour ago online, the main selling point for me is its import selection.  So many fantastic games that'll probably never see the light of day in the west, so I can't wait to play them when it arrives next week. :)

Can you read japanese? :o

EDIT: Enjoy your vita when it arrives :D

Edited by PietZann
  • Like 1

Can you read japanese? :o

EDIT: Enjoy your vita when it arrives :D

Haha yeah I've been learning it for two years now, gaming is a fantastic way to broaden your vocabulary with the language, considering the language has so many layers to it.  :)

And thank you!  :D

• Like 1

Haha yeah I've been learning it for two years now, gaming is a fantastic way to broaden your vocabulary with the language, considering the language has so many layers to it.   :)

And thank you!   :D

Awesome :D I watch anime subbed, and i do know some words/sentences, but i wouldn't be able to read it or speak flawlessly xD

• Like 1

I got one because the hardware is attractive to me, there's a bunch of games that I'm looking forward to playing, and I love portable gaming and the PSP, so it's a no brainer. Also, my 3DS wasn't cutting it for me. I'm disappointed in it, but there's still several good games for it I'd like to play, nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought mine on Launch for like £300 (Tesco never lowered the price compared to anywhere else, but I got £27 back from Quidco anyhow).

I bought it as I was a huge PSP fan given the quality of the library (the DS to me had a pretty diluted library despite a few gems), and knowing that some companies would provide a more breadth of genres compared to the 3DS (Nintendo games and ATLUS games for most people...except me), it was an obvious choice.

So far I have (physical): Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Freedom Wars, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Deception IV: Blood Ties, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing LE, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (launched at just £13), Lumines, Dokuro (Physical Japaese Copy), Soul Sacrifice, Child of Light and Dragon's Crown (put in 100+ hours in that one) and Oreshika (Asian Version) is coming to me.,.

I hope to get more in the future as I love the library!

Two reasons that made me buy other consoles before, an exclusive Silent Hill (I bought a wii for shattered memories, wasn't disappointed by the game but I was dissapointed when they later announced it for Ps2 and Psp) and Metal Gear Solid (main reason why I stopped being exclusive to PC and bought a Psp, then a PS2 and PS3).

In the end the Silent Hill for Vita was mediocre but it gave me the opportunity to play Persona 4 for the first time.