Alien Isolation - Game Breaking bug - CE-34878-0 error has returned

Captain_Cutscene

There is currently a game crash/corruption error with Alien Isolation where the game crashes and the PS4 displays a CE-34878-0 error.

Sony had this problem earlier on this year and fixed it, now it looks like it has re-appeared again with the latest PS4 update.

Most people seem to be getting hit during chapter 5 when you take the elevator down to the medical wards.There is no way to fix it and your progress will be stumped until Sony can fix it.

well that crap my brother getting his copy this week , i hope there be a fix

I'm sure there will be :) they fixed it when it happened elsewhere ages ago. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I was planning to get this in the Black Friday week sales, but I guess I'll have to shelf it until it gets fixed, depending how cheap it gets then.

Definitely worth picking up either way, if you liked the original Ridley Scott movie, you'll like this :)

Just happened. Great. :( Hope a fix is arranged promptly. I was getting really into it.

I took a look on the official forums and it got a community moderator response:

Today, 12:04 PM

Hi all,

We're aware that some people are experiencing a problem with the new patch on PS4. We're looking into the problem and hope to have an update shortly.

Thanks guys and gals for your patience. I'll let you know more when I do.

-Raxir

Source: http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/support/playstation-only-issues/ps4-issues/28929-crash-with-ce-34878-0-when-loading-a-saved-game-every-time/page2

• Like 1

Looks like they now have a workaround:

PATCH V1.02 - PS4 ISSUES AND WORKAROUND
Today, 05:11 PM

We’ve discovered an issue with the latest patch (v1.02) for Alien: Isolation on PS4, where some users are having difficulties with playing Mission 5. We’re currently working with Sony on a fix and will have that available as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we want to make sure that this issue doesn’t prevent you playing Alien: Isolation. With this in mind, we’ve removed patch v1.02 from the servers for PS4 only. If you have already downloaded patch v1.02 and you are experiencing problems, please follow these steps to revert to v1.01:
  1. Uninstall Alien: Isolation from your PS4, being careful to retain your save games.
  2. Reinstall Alien: Isolation to your PS4.
  3. Download and install patch v1.01 from the PlayStation Network.

Your game should now work correctly.

We will reissue a new patch for PS4 soon that will address the original cut-scene issues.

Many thanks for your patience and apologies for any problems you have experienced.

Gonna try this out now!

• Like 1

Captain_Cutscene you are Awesome. Thanks for finding that. I'm glad they found a workaround rather than just saying "have patience".

In interim I played Crew Expendable. I only died 3 times, and all 3 were in the vents section. I was on Easy though... Still, I gave Mr Xenomorph the slip in the corridors and rooms of Nostromo.

Edited by ShadowGandalf