Corrupted data, what to do?

When i bought the game I knew about frozen/frame drop issues, looking for alternatives to keep the game stable I found that playing offline the frozen issues reduced, so my step by step was:

Log off, play and once i finished I logged in to update the online save (PS+).

But last weekend i didn't update the Save data in the cloud.

I tried last night to play and the game got stuck after a few seconds, i thought it could be the game data, so i re-installed the game, nothing changed.

Sadly this game has auto save, so no slots, just one unique file totally handled by the game. No Save or load options in the Menu.

I could verify that the problem was the save data because i deleted it, i start the game, and the game ran normally, but from the scratch.

I made the mistake of updating the online save with the broken file (at that point i didn't know that that file saved on the HD was the problem), so I definitely lost all my progress, right? :(

My main concern is, there's not notification stating that the file is corrupted/broken, so if i decide it to play all the campaign again, how can I prevent to have this problem again? Sorry for my English, I'm not a native.

I came across a problem like this in Child of Light, but that was on PS4.  I did end up getting that fixed by going into the uploads folder and reuploading my last good save.  Unfortunately I do not know what to do on PS3.  The only thing I can thing of would be the PS+ cloud like you said.  Are you sure you didn't have the game set to auto upload? I set all my games to do that just in case, and ever since they upped the cloud space from 150MB to 1GB, I haven't been having any space issues at all.

Edited by Lady Lilith

I came across a problem like this in Child of Light, but that was on PS4.  I did end up getting that fixed by going into the uploads folder and reuploading my last good save.  Unfortunately I do not know what to do on PS3.  The only thing I can thing of would be the PS+ cloud like you said.  Are you sure you didn't have the game set to auto upload? I set all my games to do that just in case, and ever since they upped the cloud space from 150MB to 1GB, I haven't been having any space issues at all.

Sadly my internet settings was wired, so when i played on weekend and forgot to update the online storage i also forgot to plug the Ethernet cable again when i finished gaming to let autoupdate does its work, last night i turned on the ps3 and the first thing was to update the cloud with the hd file, so if the source was broken the copy i did also.

I think that the main problem is that there's a unique file for the game (no slots) so impossible to access to previous "saves". 

• 2 months later...

Well someone asked me about how i could finished the game, so If anyone else is interested I'm going to review how i platinumed the game after all those crashes commonly happened in this game.

For starters, the frozen possibilities are: game get frozen (when you're lucky) so you can access the XMB to reset the game and save file does not get corrupted, otherwise the game will totally crash and you'll have to reboot the ps3, and most of times the file get corrupted.

So, for quick platinum, try to get the Calls asap and go to a stand to hunt as much as you can, you can farm GameCredits (GC) hunting Moose, this one is slower and it takes longer to detect you, once you have enough GC buy the required gear and beat the Pro hunts, once you'll beat them all you'll get 10x GC per kill.

The area which I experienced more crashes was the Northeast region, probably because it's the real jungle there, so the game needs to load lots of vegetation, the best advice is Try to run the less you can in this area.

Update your thumb drive backup at least every two hours.

I noticed that after every hunt the game autosave your progress and update leaderboards (online), during these seconds the game can crash (apparently while accessing the servers) so better play offline if you can.

If you have ps+(cloud save), the first time make a backup with both, the cloud and the thumb drive, continue playing, after you're done, run the game again before you backup the file using your thumb drive to check that everything it's fine. Good luck.

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2016 at 3:18 PM, Babsimabuse said:

My save data was also corrupt. Unluckily the Cloud-Save too. Now I have to start the game from the beginning.

Don´t know if I´ll really do this. Maybe in 2018.

Yeah. I feel you. As I said, You need to backup your save constantly with a thumb drive, don't depend on the cloud save. Don't  risk to play straight more than 2 hours, backup constantly, better safe than sorry. Take that on account if you decide to play the game again.

I didn't answer before because I never got a notification of your post. I was just visiting this old thread and saw your post.