Silent Hill HD collection delayed again?

skidmarkgn

Glad I saw this thread. I always missed out on the Silent Hill series, so It's nice to know I'll get a chance to play them all.

The HD collection only comes with SH 2 & 3. While #1 can be bought on the PSstore though for pretty cheap, #4, Origins and Shattered memories are still being left out of the loop so-to-speak. If you plan on playing the HD collection then you may want to consider either playing #1 or at least reading about it's story, otherwise #3 won't make much sense (#3 a direct sequel to #1 while the rest -with the exception of Origins, which is a prequel with a semi stand alone story- have a stand alone story).

It's an absolute shame that they're only including 2 and 3 in this "collection". The first game should certainly be included in this. Although people love to excuse that fact with the idea that they would have to completely remake the first game, they seem to forget Shattered Memories is a "re-imagining" of the first game and was released on the PS2. There is no good reason why they couldn't have included that, and even if not that, then at least Origins, which was also released on the PS2 and is part of the Silent Hill 1+3 storyline. Even still, if for whatever reason they could not include Shattered Memories or Origins, they could go ahead and add in 4. Quite lazy of them, especially considering none of it will even be new content.

It's an absolute shame that they're only including 2 and 3 in this "collection". The first game should certainly be included in this. Although people love to excuse that fact with the idea that they would have to completely remake the first game, they seem to forget Shattered Memories is a "re-imagining" of the first game and was released on the PS2. There is no good reason why they couldn't have included that, and even if not that, then at least Origins, which was also released on the PS2 and is part of the Silent Hill 1+3 storyline. Even still, if for whatever reason they could not include Shattered Memories or Origins, they could go ahead and add in 4. Quite lazy of them, especially considering none of it will even be new content.

People hated all over The Room when it came out so I imagine they probably didn't think anyone would care if it wasn't present in the collection. Pretty much everything after SH3 got bagged on by everyone but us uber-fans. I personally don't have a problem with it only having SH 1 & 2 but a move compatible version of Shattered memories would be cool. Especially since there's NOTHING on the disc to explain the event leading up to #3 (as far as I know).

People hated all over The Room when it came out so I imagine they probably didn't think anyone would care if it wasn't present in the collection. Pretty much everything after SH3 got bagged on by everyone but us uber-fans. I personally don't have a problem with it only having SH 1 & 2 but a move compatible version of Shattered memories would be cool. Especially since there's NOTHING on the disc to explain the event leading up to #3 (as far as I know).

While I would say it's true that The Room seemed to be disliked by the majority, that's still a poor excuse. Silent Hill 3 never seemed to be that popular itself, but it is included. Also, to step out into another series, Devil May Cry 2 is perhaps one of the most looked down upon games, yet it is included in the Devil May Cry collection. Adding in a third game would have been better for everyone, which has been the standard with these collections.

While I would say it's true that The Room seemed to be disliked by the majority, that's still a poor excuse. Silent Hill 3 never seemed to be that popular itself, but it is included. Also, to step out into another series, Devil May Cry 2 is perhaps one of the most looked down upon games, yet it is included in the Devil May Cry collection. Adding in a third game would have been better for everyone, which has been the standard with these collections.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'd love a third game to be included, I'm just not upset that there isn't. When it comes to trilogies like DMC it's a bit easier to include all three games and be done with it but Silent Hilll has six last gen games to choose from so I understand taking the two that everyone liked (you and I have different memories when it comes to SH3, I remember it being very positively received) and updating them. The standard is three... but that only seems to be the rule when the series has a trilogy on the PS2. The ICO collection is only two games and if Team ICO had made a 3rd super shitty game (I'm definitely not saying the other SH games were shitty but most people didn't like anything after #3) I would rather it be left out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's official. Platinum hunters can go ahead and start cutting themselves now because SH2 has a trophy for getting the F@#KING green hyper spray. SH2 has gone from being a "must plat" game for me to a "will be impossible to plat" game. Oh well. one out of two is gonna have to be good enough I guess.

On the positive side I'm looking forward to seeing the UFO ending for the 1st time. Never played the Xbox or the greatest hits version so that will be new :)

Well, it's official. Platinum hunters can go ahead and start cutting themselves now because SH2 has a trophy for getting the F@#KING green hyper spray. SH2 has gone from being a "must plat" game for me to a "will be impossible to plat" game. Oh well. one out of two is gonna have to be good enough I guess.

On the positive side I'm looking forward to seeing the UFO ending for the 1st time. Never played the Xbox or the greatest hits version so that will be new :)

I have never actually completed SH2 so you may want to fill me in on what the heck the Green Hyper Spray is

I have never actually completed SH2 so you may want to fill me in on what the heck the Green Hyper Spray is

It's an item that's unlocked by achieving a ten star ranking after a playthrough. To get a ten star ranking you must first unlock all the endings (4/4(+3)), then complete a playthrough with the combat and puzzles set to hard with 2 or less saves (you can't even inspect a save point more than twice) in under three hours. During that playthrough, you also have to get 75 kills via melee weapons and 75 with firearms, take less than 500 points of damage, collect 150 (+8) items, and do the boat segment in 80 seconds or less. You also can't use any of the unlockable bonus items during that playthrough because they automatically lower your ranking.