Most Improved Warriors game

Blackfire1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This or Warriors orochi 3 ultimate? which one is better? 

I personally prefer SW4 more then WO3U. As a person who has and played both, SW4 has a far more smoother gameplay and not to mention a different type of story mode from past Samurai Warriors games. Ultimate on the other hand is good, it's game-play is smoother then the vanilla WO3 and the new story chapters (if you have played WO3) are quite long for an expansion. 

I guess it's up to you mostly on what you want to play. They are both worth the money.

I personally prefer SW4 more then WO3U. As a person who has and played both, SW4 has a far more smoother gameplay and not to mention a different type of story mode from past Samurai Warriors games. Ultimate on the other hand is good, it's game-play is smoother then the vanilla WO3 and the new story chapters (if you have played WO3) are quite long for an expansion. 

I guess it's up to you mostly on what you want to play. They are both worth the money.

That's awesome news. Thank you.

• Like 1

Really? I've played DW8 XL last year when I realized that I had my enough from Warriors games. They all the same game with different skin and levels. Also you do exactly the same thing over and over.. I dunno how I spent hundreds hours on those games  :facepalm:

Really? I've played DW8 XL last year when I realized that I had my enough from Warriors games. They all the same game with different skin and levels. Also you do exactly the same thing over and over.. I dunno how I spent hundreds hours on those games  :facepalm:

I guess it's just a matter of opinion mate. I personally prefer playing a yearly Warriors game (since it seems like Koei is releasing one each year) then any other yearly titles like Fifa (not a football fan).

• 4 years later...

ive only played the original samurai warriors on ps2, hated it, and now playing this one, and it's mildly enjoyable but still terrible

same terrible gameplay, same old stories, just nicer graphics

how do they seriously make these games over and over again, it's just the same thing every time

im actually not really a trophy hunter dont care so much about the associated trophies as i care about just 100%-ing the game for personal satisfaction, just like i have been doing in most games before achievements were ever a thing. but trying to 100% this is a nightmare bc it's very frustrating trying to get all the objectives...they are extremely missable. the battles move so slowly. you have to constantly wait for objectives to show and it's extremely annoying. the bonus objectives are especially bad. you cant skip any dialogue and just move on, you have to sit and watch the notifications pass by, some dont even show up at all even though i've met the requirements, i guess i didnt stand around long enough. i still dont have a single scenario 100% cleared. that's just really bad game design imo

how ppl enjoy these games is beyond me. im really trying to like these bc im trying to play more different genres than just rpgs all the time so i keep an open mind and im playing games that i kinda think i might not even like and sometimes i end up really liking them, but in this case it's kinda hard,. these are about as bad as jrpgs in  grindiness. actually these are even worse bc again, you have to stand around and wait for objectives to show up

i see ppl constantly giving EA games crap for releasing the same old sports games every year but somehow these get a pass

love Koei Tecmo, but only the Tecmo part, they make ninja gaiden, dead or alive, deception, nioh, etc, great stuff but Koei's stuff i think is terrible

i might very well be eating my words a week from now and probably still have cleared all the objectives but that's just bc of my own stupid ocd thing where i hate dropping a game once ive started it lol. didnt like Ico very much either but played it bc i heard so many great things about it and i mildly enjoyed it so i still 100%-ed it

Edited by MeteoraXV

Wow, you just replied to a 5 year old post. :)

> how ppl enjoy these games is beyond me.

LOL. Call me crazy but soon I will have 50 Platinums just from all the Warriors games, I've been going through all of them in both Japanese and English. I'm sorry to hear you don't like the game but of course, if you hated SW2 then why did you get SW4?

If it is any consolation, on SW4 you can get the hidden weapon for every single character in the game by picking them up in the adventure mode, should you want to continue playing. Sure you still need 100% on all the scenarios but not having to play 45 stages on hard with powered characters should be a great weight off your mind.

• Like 1

well i played the original samurai warriors on ps2, that's about the only warriors game ive played before this

i thought well let me try this, i got the game from a friend and she liked it, so ok

it's better than sw1 but only bc it has massive qol improvements, other than that's it's the same thing really...

ive played some armored core games in the past, there were a ton of them on ps2 and psp. didnt like em very much at first either but ive gone back and replay some of them and ive played like 7 of them in the past two months, absolutely love em now. i thought maybe id like these warriors games now lol

this one objective that annoys me is 'defend the hillside' in the second battle in the kyûshû legend it just wont show up and ive gone through the same battle 3 or 4 times now haha

Edited by MeteoraXV

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i thought this was one of the worst games ive ever played for the past two+ weeks

i have to be forgiven for really disliking it at first bc it's only my 2nd warriors game ever

well  guess im taking back my words, last saturday i was playing to finish the story mode and then i was gonna drop it and never play a warriors game again

but it finally 'clicked' and then i actually started to love the game bc the Legend to Unite a Land and the Legend of the Sanada are so cool

and the Uesugi and Masamune and Shimazu ones, i really like as well

the scenarios and cinematics in those are actually pretty cool and dramatic, i havent watched a film in like a decade and it felt like watching one

Date Masamune i think has the coolest character design and i really like playing Kunoichi and my custom char

the nobunaga legend i didnt like, thought was too long and annoying and im sick of seeing thay guy's face everywhere and his voice in this game differs greatly from when i played sw1

i decided to keep playing this and chronicle mode is also super fun, if not more so bc it feels less grindy than story mode and i spend quite a lot of time messing w/ the character editing regularly

i like it as much as story mode if not more. it is almost addicting and i cleared it so fast compared to story mode and the officers all really grow on you

i just wish there was an option to skip the dialogue and notifications bc it's the single most frustrating thing about this game and adds hours of unnecessary playtime waiting on your next targets, sure i'll read it all on first runs but afterward you just wanna skip it already, and that alone brings this game down from a 8/10 to a 7/10, it's just that bad. im not a game designer so i dont now if this was some technical thing that couldnt be done but i find it very hard to believe they couldnt allow for skipping notifications

well im very surprised and im extremely glad i kept playing the game even when i wanted to almost take out the disc and split it in half at some points

im def ordering 4-ii and empires like right now

Edited by MeteoraXV

12 hours ago, MeteoraXV said:

hm ill think about it but it looks interesting and it has character creation too, though no chronicle mode  but ok

You fight the same handful of battles over and over and over again, just from varying perspectives at times.  You don't really get any new characters, just a minor spotlight on a bunch of guys who didn't get nearly so much camera time in the original.

Survival Tower is a royal pain in the ass.  Chronicle Mode was way, way, WAY better.

I'm doing my best to push through and finish up the platinum on 4-II so I can throw it on the shelf and forget about it.  I'd do it now, but then my OCD on the subject would gnaw at me until I went back to it.  So I'm picking the torture that will end sooner.