How can i get my corrupted save file back?

zafira1290

So i was playing hitman absolution about 3 weeks ago and my ps3 froze because i went to XMB menu while i was in game and it was saving in the game. Then i turned my ps3 off and started it again and then i went checking that did i get the corrupted save and there it was. I was almost completed the story on hard and did over 50 challenges so i was really pissed! Today i thought that i could do save files restore but it didn't fixed hitman absolution's save data even though it said that this process will fix all corrupted datas. What should i do? I really wanna get my save back because i just love that game! It's one of my favorite ones on ps3 at now!

If the save is corrupt, you're pretty much screwed. The restore only fixes corrupt system files, not saves. :(

Do you have a non-corrupt backup on the cloud?

Yeah but it's the new save file which has none completed missions and nothing. I forgot to backup my save when i was playing the game.

Yeah but it's the new save file which has none completed missions and nothing. I forgot to backup my save when i was playing the game.

What you have left is a save file "which has no completed missions and nothing"

Sorry, there's no way to rectify your file so you'll have to start over again, what game was it by the way?

You haven't read the very first sentence, have you?

I skimmed the whole thing for the actual problem, I didn't notice the game was up there ;-;

EDIT: I searched for any corruption glitches that people encountered, and this topic sounded more direct to this incident: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141064

It states that the bug has happened to several other people, thought it's at several different intervals and a lot of the time it's happened during auto save intervals.

My advice is: In the future, set your save files to automatically upload to the cloud (PS+ Exclusive feature) or Save them to a USB at regular intervals. this'll make sure you don't lose as much data if it happens again.

Edited by Tedward_Jizzerhands