Longest game you have ever played and beaten.

PureLuxiix

from start to finish, beating it with 100%

Banjo Kazooi ( N64 )

captain tsubasa get in the tomorrow ( Famicom ).... though i never beat it myself, a friend of mine helped me, back then i was a fan of captain tsubasa manga and anime's, but i suck at turn base RPG's.

MGS ( ps1 )

Dewprism ( ps1 ) the first RPG game i ever beat.

Legend of the dragoon ( ps1 )

Dark cloud ( ps2 ) i'm talking about getting all the super weapons for all 6 characters + beating all 100 floors of the demon shaft.

Final Fantasy 12 ( ps2 ) though, i still didn't beat two of the optional bosses.

Dynasty warriors 4 ( ps2 ) finishing the game with every single character in the game.. don't wanna do that again.

Kingdom hearts final mix ( ps2 ) not really a 100% as i only missed one chest that i couldn't found plus F****** sephiroth!!  :angry:

Uncharted 2 ( ps3 )

MGS4 ( ps3 ) still need the damn big boss emblem, the requirement is crazy... that's over 9000!

the saboteur ( ps3 ) also one of my longest time to achieve the platinum.

the last of us ( ps3 ) this game along is actually takes long to beat, and it's not even an RPG.

If you're talking platinum trophies, I would maybe say Grand Theft Auto IV - me and my friend took around one month (probably 8-10 hours per day) over the summer a few years ago to get from level 7 to level 10 in online multiplayer, lol - and that was just for one trophy! There was another online trophy that was glitched and probably cost me 15 hours, and the remaining trophies were probably about a good 40+ hours to get. The trophy for getting from level 1 to 10 probably took me a cumulative 400 hours and the rest probably push it to maybe 500 hours. Lol that game was crazy!

Any other long games I've played are probably like 150 hours max (Skyrim, Kingdom Hearts, GTA V, Battlefield 3, etc...)  :P

damn thats alot of hours, i did wanted in about 10 hours cos im a cheater :P

• Like 1

Let's see...the games that come to mind are Sonic 3 & Knuckles for Genesis (I played that every day after school for many years), Resident Evil 2 on...well, pretty much everything, playing the Japanese version on Dreamcast now...I think the only major one I haven't beaten is N64.  Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube/PS2, I would play through that game over and over, usually with the Chicago Typewriter.  Ocarina of Time and Banjo Kazooie on N64.  I was at a stage where I played Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 often, though on Gamecube.  I played Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube alot, to the point where I knew where everything was, and I got an easy A rank.

• 2 months later...

Somewhat related

I spent over 2000 hours in a game called Cross Fire for the PC.

As for the PS3 my longest platinum would be Ni no Kuni at around 80 hours. I don't have the GTA 5 plat yet but including the online I have spent well over 100 hours in that game.

After doing some math, and underestimating it some. The longest game I've played is Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn.

Logging in at least 5000+ hours so far.

Started playing at launch, and playing roughly 10-18 hours a day since. There has been a few points here and there where my content completion rate goes from something like 90% to 99%, and had taken a break till the following patch came. Usually 1-2 weeks later.

Games been out 18 months.

Assuming I've been inactive for a total of up to 4 of those months.

Estimating 14 months, times 30 days each, times 12 hours as an underestimated average.

.... No life

Not counting MMO's (have both Defiance and FF14 platinums), the Disgaea 3 Vita platinum was long and brutal. It took almost 250 hours and by the end I was miserable. The biggest challenge and the reason it took so long was lack of information on the internet.  

Edited by VanDeaM

1. Blue Dragon take me more then 400 Hours get all the achievements in the game.

2. Fall out 3 and new vegas more then 300 hours to get the good and bad karma achievements the neutral one sucks.

Persona 3 and 4 with more 100 hours spend.

Fire Emblem Awakening with so many playthrough I don't remember the time but was a lot.

Guild Wars 2 

and for last I have spend 411 Hours Playing SSB4 since came out to now.

Edited by PlutiaCPU

Define "beaten" for me...

I put about 500 hours into Elderscrolls: Oblivion and never got very far with the main story. I would always just go off and do the Guild missions, and just spend time building my character and doing random sh*t.

Skyrim is probably the longest game I have ever seen the end of the main questline for though. That, or Fallout 3.

For PS3, Skyrim with 600+ hours, Oblivion with 191 hours, and FFXIII with 128 hours. Although I've spent A LOT of time online with Black Ops 2, GTA Online and RDR.

But amount of times I've beaten a game would go to Spyro 3, Crash Team Racing, and Crash Bandicoot 2. Those games are so fun and bring back a lot of memories. xD

Currently? Rainbow Moon, I put about 150 hours into that. Technically I haven't done ALL the quests, there is one left, but I didn't feel like grinding my way through special higher-level mini sections of five dungeons I had already beaten several times over just to find items to trade to a guy to get free armor that would be inferior to the stuff I had equipped and upgraded. No motivation to do that last quest.

By the time I "finish" Skyrim (or by the time it finishes with me?) I will have far surpassed that number. I have almost tied it already and I still have five major questlines to go! (Including the second half of the main one... Ha!)

Fallout 3 - played it to 100% 5-6+ times.

1. Fall out 3 and new vegas more then 300 hours to get the good and bad karma achievements the neutral one sucks.

I know you did this already, and assuming you played with good karma, but save all the scrap metal and Psycho you get. When you're close to leveling to the trophy levels give Psycho to Paulie Cantelli in Rivet City for -100 karma each time, save before you start, then make a separate save when you hit Neutral karma and proceed to Bad karma. Go to Megaton, turn in scrap metal, level, get the Bad karma trophy, load the Neutral karma save, repeat, load your original save and proceed to play normally. Paulie's still alive for the next set you have to do and you've saved yourself who knows how many hours.

Edited by ScutumMagister