Longest game you have ever played and beaten.

PureLuxiix

Fallout 3, did about 6 playthroughs, had around 100 hours each playthrough, It's also lasted through 2 playstations....

Fallout: New Vegas, I've done about 3 playthroughs, somewhere around 150 hours each

Persona 3 and 4, a standard playthrough will last you about a 100+ hours, they're massive games.

Final Fantasy, basically all of them, I probably have over 2,000 hours accumulated through all of them

Gta 4, a standard playthrough will more than likely run you 30 hours, but there is so much bonus content to explore, and I've played the shit out of that game, it's also lasted through 2 playstations

World of Warcraft - I don't even want to think about it but it's well over 700 days of accumulated game time but then again MMO's are a cop out for time sinks.

Otherwise I have to say FF8 back in the day, have a save file with over 250 hours clocked up, come to think of it I must have clocked up just as much with FF6,7,9 and 10 as well over the years. Got a good 200+ hours on Skyrim too.

Platinum-wise DA: Inquisition was about 75 hours and a well spent and fun 75 hours they were.

If we're talking just about the story, then I want to say the game with the longest story I've played and completed is Persona 4. But even with 2 playthroughs, it's not the game I've spent the most time on, since that seems to be what most people are answering with.

But there's also the fact that I probably spent just as long, if not longer, completing the main story in Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim. Though since their actual stories can easily be completed in a much shorter time, I wouldn't count them.

Guitar Hero: Metallica I guess, the game has no statistics screen or anything so I can't really tell how many hours I putted  on the game, but since was the game that I played the most for about 3 years, and was my main party game as well, I'll say around 700 hours, probably more, and I couldn't get the plat after playing that long... :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

The longest game I've played is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion which currently sits at 262 hours though I haven't finished it yet. The longest game I've beaten is Dark Souls 2 at 180 hours (177 for the platinum). Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Grand Theft Auto 5 are also all well over 100 hours each.

The Monster Hunter games are way out in front of the pack for me.   3000+ hrs in MHFU...which I still play occasionally on the Vita to this day, and MH Tri on the Wii which I clocked around 2000+ hrs.   If Sony ever manage to bring the franchise home, and give us a PS4 version with all the bells and whistles...I reckon I could 'out do' MHFU & Tri  hrs combined!