Most Favourite Soundracks From Game.

PureLuxiix

Aw yeah, my chance to go all out fanboy.

Journey

Journeys soundtrack is rather unique, just like the game's artstyle itself. Most of it is slow, atmospheric stuff meant to blend into the game's atmosphere, which it does such an amazing job at, it's hard to describe.

Metal Gear Rising: Reveangance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQIogLBFBs

Like Journey, most of the brilliance in MGR's soundtrack comes with just how greatly it combines with the gameplay, greatly intensifying the action on screen. Music placement (esspecially in boss fights) is absolutely on point.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World

While 8-Bit is having kind of a comeback in terms of visual style, this doesn't really apply to music. Listening to how greatly Scott Pilgrim captures the sound of 8-Bit while still making it feel fresh makes one wonder why.

NieR

Making an action game with a rather calm and soothing soundtrack is quite the gamble, but NieR does it absolutely perfectly.

Dark Souls

Here's a joke: Why didn't the atmosphere in Dark Souls pass the math test? Because it's pretty dense!

Rayman Legends

There's quite a lot of things you have to keep in mind when fusing platformes and rhythm games. Having some kickass songs should be pretty high on the list.

Borderlands 2

Think of the game as you will, but this soundtrack is dope as hell.

Hotline Miami

Anyone wanna dance?

Edited by HappyKastanie

My absolute favourite soundtrack has to be Final Fantasy XIII, although the soundtracks from the entire trilogy is amazing. Or, well, that applies to Final Fantasy games in general. I put so many hours into Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS) too.  <3

Hotline Miami's synthwave / outrun electro and FEZ's chiptune (there's a great beatmap in osu btw)

It's somewhat interesting how I never really listened to such music before playing both games and now I'm used to it.

*not played on ps3*:

Fable's themes and Chamber of Secrets composed by Jeremy Soule (Skyrim, Mists of Pandaria :>)

Ghost Master and MGR:R are fantastic too, I've been using the second one as background music for exercises for some time xD.

A lot of soundtracks come to mind!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is obviously a classic.

The Last of Us: had two great soundtracks that worked perfectly with the game.

Any LittleBigPlanet (but mostly the original) because all the music in those games is great.

Tearaway also has a brilliant score!

Call of Duty: Black Ops had some great songs in it too.

And, most recently, Battlefield 4, because it opened with Total Eclipse of the Heart.

• 8 months later...

Metal Gear Solid: The Best Is Yet To come

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater theme tune

MGS5TPP: The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie)

FFX: The Hymn of The Fayth

And CoD BO: During Mission 4: SOG   Paint It Black (The Rolling Stones)

all of those are great songs

• 2 weeks later...