Fairy's Traditional/Digital Art Works

Jennifayrie

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a little update with what i've been doing for university lately. These images are part of a typography brief about "Things i've learned in my life." Basically just me creating words and phrases out of different materials which relate to the phrase i've chosen.

Photographs this time, i'm not a very good photographer but they'll do, and i thought i'd show what i've been up to :ninja:

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Part of "Take it Easy"

3-1.jpg

Part of "Life Goes On"

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

Last 2 images part of "Shower the people, you love, with love"

Just a handful of images i have. That's all for now. :wave:

• Like 4

Talented... beautiful art from a beautiful artist... and plus a gamer!!! Thats like a geeks dream!

Someone's wife is gonna be sending someone else's wife a text later :P

On topic: Great work Fairy, Do you have any original art that you could display? I've never been too super high up on portrait work (probably because I suck at it, lol) and would love to see some original creations of yours.

Someone's wife is gonna be sending someone else's wife a text later :P

On topic: Great work Fairy, Do you have any original art that you could display? I've never been too super high up on portrait work (probably because I suck at it, lol) and would love to see some original creations of yours.

HAHAHA... Im done for!!!

how about i leave a big bag of money on your doorstep?

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to make those digital drawings, do you have a tablet or do you simply use the line tool?

Oh, and keep up the good work, it looks fantastic. ;)

Thanks! I do have a tablet but for these i just used a regular mouse with Paint Tool SAI which is great for line work :awesome:

Thank you, I have done some more kind of fine arty things but i never show them because i'm not too fond of them :( I'm working on some environmental fantasy type art at the minute, if it doesn't turn out really crap i might show it here ^_^

They look awesome.... :o

Do you make these from scratch or take photos and edit/enhance them....?

Thanks! I'm not good enough yet to start completely from scratch on photoshop, so I just draw a line sketch of what i want my drawing to be, I scan it into my computer and then make it on photoshop. ^_^

I hope I'm able create things from scratch on PS one day but i doubt it :huh:

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm not good enough yet to start completely from scratch on photoshop, so I just draw a line sketch of what i want my drawing to be, I scan it into my computer and then make it on photoshop. ^_^

I hope I'm able create things from scratch on PS one day but i doubt it :huh:

Oohh....that's still pretty close to scratch so yeah....awesome job.... :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I haven't done anything in so long, here's a little something I finished last night just to see if I'd lost the ability to draw, please excuse the rubbishy quality photo it's my phone's camera, lost lots of detail and shading but I have no scanner at the moment >.<

compadrawingsmall2.jpg

Hopefully any Hyperdimension Neptunia fans will recognise this little one :wub:

Haven't played HN before but that looks awesome! You definitely haven't lost your drawing ability. ;)

Edited by cmgravekeeper

Haven't played HN before but that looks awesome! You definitely haven't lost your drawing ability. ;)

Really nice pic of Compa, now you're making me want to try drawing again despite it being more than a little difficult.

Thanks both of you ^-^ you should give it a go, it's such a nice feeling when you see your finished piece ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fairy, I have a question :)

first off I love your art, it's incredibly detailed and amazing! I draw in a very similar style, mainly photo-realistic studies of people and animals in pencil. Now, whenever I see similar works posted on Reddit or similar sites, people always criticise saying 'It's not talented to draw from a photo reference, it's not real art' It gets me down and makes me not want to share what I do because I put a great deal of effort into my drawings and I don't want to be told its not art. Whats your opinion on using photo references to draw?

Now, whenever I see similar works posted on Reddit or similar sites, people always criticise saying 'It's not talented to draw from a photo reference, it's not real art' It gets me down and makes me not want to share what I do because I put a great deal of effort into my drawings and I don't want to be told its not art. Whats your opinion on using photo references to draw?

Don't let those criticisms discourage you. Those people who criticizes the work don't know how to appreciate art, got the skills to draw nor can't tell what art is. I get those a lot. Even the worse ones. The important thing is that you always you always put your best foot forward and dedicated on everything you do & you love your work 100% :);) The first audience who you always please first is yourself :)

Edited by NightWing127
  • Like 3