Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JennifairyW

Fairy's Traditional/Digital Art Works

199 posts in this topic

Talented... beautiful art from a beautiful artist... and plus a gamer!!! Thats like a geeks dream!

and she's Scottish too! :D

Here's a little update with what i've been doing for university lately. These images are part of a typography brief about "Things i've learned in my life." Basically just me creating words and phrases out of different materials which relate to the phrase i've chosen.

Photographs this time, i'm not a very good photographer but they'll do, and i thought i'd show what i've been up to :ninja:

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

Part of "Take it Easy"

3-1.jpg

Part of "Life Goes On"

1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

Last 2 images part of "Shower the people, you love, with love"

Just a handful of images i have. That's all for now. :wave:

I like your pictures on top but your apple picture kind of creeps me out lol sorry.

You have talent, do doubt about that. I wish that was one gene my father passed on to me. He can free-hand the stuff you draw with a pencil in like 15 minutes. It's disgusting. I guess I'll just have to settle for the good looks in the family. :rolleyes:

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to make those digital drawings, do you have a tablet or do you simply use the line tool?

Oh, and keep up the good work, it looks fantastic. ;)

Talented... beautiful art from a beautiful artist... and plus a gamer!!! Thats like a geeks dream!

Someone's wife is gonna be sending someone else's wife a text later :P

On topic: Great work Fairy, Do you have any original art that you could display? I've never been too super high up on portrait work (probably because I suck at it, lol) and would love to see some original creations of yours.

Someone's wife is gonna be sending someone else's wife a text later :P

On topic: Great work Fairy, Do you have any original art that you could display? I've never been too super high up on portrait work (probably because I suck at it, lol) and would love to see some original creations of yours.

HAHAHA... Im done for!!!

how about i leave a big bag of money on your doorstep?

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to make those digital drawings, do you have a tablet or do you simply use the line tool?

Oh, and keep up the good work, it looks fantastic. ;)

Thanks! I do have a tablet but for these i just used a regular mouse with Paint Tool SAI which is great for line work :awesome:

Thank you, I have done some more kind of fine arty things but i never show them because i'm not too fond of them :( I'm working on some environmental fantasy type art at the minute, if it doesn't turn out really crap i might show it here ^_^

Piece of environmental art, all done in Photoshop, a bit poop but good enough for class :rolleyes:

smallmushie3.png

They look awesome.... :o

Do you make these from scratch or take photos and edit/enhance them....?

They look awesome.... :o

Do you make these from scratch or take photos and edit/enhance them....?

Thanks! I'm not good enough yet to start completely from scratch on photoshop, so I just draw a line sketch of what i want my drawing to be, I scan it into my computer and then make it on photoshop. ^_^

I hope I'm able create things from scratch on PS one day but i doubt it :huh:

Thanks! I'm not good enough yet to start completely from scratch on photoshop, so I just draw a line sketch of what i want my drawing to be, I scan it into my computer and then make it on photoshop. ^_^

I hope I'm able create things from scratch on PS one day but i doubt it :huh:

Oohh....that's still pretty close to scratch so yeah....awesome job.... :)

I haven't done anything in so long, here's a little something I finished last night just to see if I'd lost the ability to draw, please excuse the rubbishy quality photo it's my phone's camera, lost lots of detail and shading but I have no scanner at the moment >.<

compadrawingsmall2.jpg

Hopefully any Hyperdimension Neptunia fans will recognise this little one :wub:

Haven't played HN before but that looks awesome! You definitely haven't lost your drawing ability. ;)

Edited by cmgravekeeper

Really nice pic of Compa, now you're making me want to try drawing again despite it being more than a little difficult.

Haven't played HN before but that looks awesome! You definitely haven't lost your drawing ability. ;)

Really nice pic of Compa, now you're making me want to try drawing again despite it being more than a little difficult.

Thanks both of you ^-^ you should give it a go, it's such a nice feeling when you see your finished piece ^_^

Very Impressive. I really like your photographs.

On a side note, I also really like your trophy card (Atelier Meruru's is awesome)

Very Impressive. I really like your photographs.

On a side note, I also really like your trophy card (Atelier Meruru's is awesome)

Thank you ^_^ it is! i love Meruru ^-^

I agree, These Works are High Caliber Stuff...

Makes me Jelly that I can't even Draw Stick Figures Right :(

Fairy, I have a question :)

first off I love your art, it's incredibly detailed and amazing! I draw in a very similar style, mainly photo-realistic studies of people and animals in pencil. Now, whenever I see similar works posted on Reddit or similar sites, people always criticise saying 'It's not talented to draw from a photo reference, it's not real art' It gets me down and makes me not want to share what I do because I put a great deal of effort into my drawings and I don't want to be told its not art. Whats your opinion on using photo references to draw?

Now, whenever I see similar works posted on Reddit or similar sites, people always criticise saying 'It's not talented to draw from a photo reference, it's not real art' It gets me down and makes me not want to share what I do because I put a great deal of effort into my drawings and I don't want to be told its not art. Whats your opinion on using photo references to draw?

Don't let those criticisms discourage you. Those people who criticizes the work don't know how to appreciate art, got the skills to draw nor can't tell what art is. I get those a lot. Even the worse ones. The important thing is that you always you always put your best foot forward and dedicated on everything you do & you love your work 100% :);) The first audience who you always please first is yourself :)

Edited by NightWing127

Fairy, I have a question :)

first off I love your art, it's incredibly detailed and amazing! I draw in a very similar style, mainly photo-realistic studies of people and animals in pencil. Now, whenever I see similar works posted on Reddit or similar sites, people always criticise saying 'It's not talented to draw from a photo reference, it's not real art' It gets me down and makes me not want to share what I do because I put a great deal of effort into my drawings and I don't want to be told its not art. Whats your opinion on using photo references to draw?

I don't think there's anything wrong with using references at all, i like the challenge of seeing how close to the original image i can make it especially if it's a photo of something real, and seeing how each time your ability to get that little step closer to realism improves, you might not notice at first but you'll get the skin better, eyes, lips, something each time. That's also how people generally learn to draw to begin with anyways, even at art school/university, by recreating something that already exists, be it, photographs, still life or life drawing. I also find using real photographic references will give you better understanding of the anatomy of what you are drawing, faces, bodies, animals etc, so after a lot of practice you perhaps could create your own original images without them looking quite odd lol.

Trust me there will always be someone who doesn't view a certain type or style of art as 'real art', nobody totally agrees on what art is and never will. I understand why people say it's not 'real art', but i'm not claiming these drawings were 'my idea', i simply love the challenge of recreating them for myself, especially it it's a subject i am interested in, or a fan of. I like when people question if the drawing is actually drawn completely in pencil because they find it so real, that's a lovely compliment for me :wub:

I always think of this quote from Little Women when this kind of topic comes up, "My compositions are like your paintings; mediocre copies of another man's genius." It's easy to get disheartened by people's comments, and think your art doesn't matter. Many things have already been done and we're unknowingly influenced by so many other people's style of art and drawing that we might admire or even aspire to be like that, I think it's quite difficult and takes time to find your own unique style. But I think as long as you love what you're doing, and want to keep improving on your talent you should just ignore all these kind of comments and continue with what you like to do for as long as it matters to you :yay: (that rhymed)

For your first drawing and at the age of 15, the Pirates of the Caribbean was amazing, they all are, I have seen a lot of "artists", but you're one of the best, you have a lot of talent :)