Fairy's Traditional/Digital Art Works

Jennifayrie

For your first drawing and at the age of 15, the Pirates of the Caribbean was amazing, they all are, I have seen a lot of "artists", but you're one of the best, you have a lot of talent :)

Thank you very much :lol: but if you think i'm good you should see some of the realism artists on deviantart, they make my brain hurt they look so much like photographs, eep >.<

Thankyou for your answer! That helps a lot, I just wanted to get the perspective from someone who draws similarly to me.  I like drawing people I admire, and it's not like I can call them up and ask them to pose for life drawing, so photos have to do :P and I agree, when someone says it looks really life-like, well that's what I want to achieve so :D

Thankyou for your answer! That helps a lot, I just wanted to get the perspective from someone who draws similarly to me. I like drawing people I admire, and it's not like I can call them up and ask them to pose for life drawing, so photos have to do :P and I agree, when someone says it looks really life-like, well that's what I want to achieve so :D

Dont get discouraged. EVERY artist references something. Drawing from a photo is a career for many tattoo artists. Think aboutthat. So keep on doin it. And jump on the chance to draw from life. Sit in cafes sketching folks.On topic... love some of those. Never been into portraity stuff. Ive done alot of life drawing but in a less realistic way.

• Like 2

Thankyou for your answer! That helps a lot, I just wanted to get the perspective from someone who draws similarly to me.  I like drawing people I admire, and it's not like I can call them up and ask them to pose for life drawing, so photos have to do :P and I agree, when someone says it looks really life-like, well that's what I want to achieve so :D

No problem ^-^ You should show off some work here, I'd love to see it :D

• 1 month later...

Today I found some work I forgot I had, i thought I'd post it as it's different to my usual drawings. I don't know if anyone's into this more kind of traditional arty stuff, I know it's not something I would have chosen to do, I just had to for a university project, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! :yay:

We just had to take old books and transform them into something else, something preferably relating to the books you were using. I thought of the term.. "a rose by any other name..." and I made it from books in different languages.. and a shakespeare book I had (it was old n falling apart) ^_^

I made little roses, leaves, petals and burned the edges just for a little bit of texture and a less flat looking feel, tried to give it a bit more of a realistic lookie. I also made some words out of thin wire and wrapped the pages around them.

pb_zpsecaea7e2.jpg

pb1_zpsdd214259.jpg

pb2_zps11473153.jpg

pb3_zpsc8d0f025.jpg

Finished piece

Kind of wish I'd kept it now, but it's probably destroyed :\

Anyways, hadn't posted anything for ages so thought i'd share :wub:

• Like 4

Incredible artwork! That first drawing with the apple, absolutely incredible. That must have taken a lot of time and effort. I think it's great that you decided to share some of your earlier work as well, it gives a glimpes of how your drawings have been evolving over the years.

I tried my luck with drawing when I was in my teens, but never was very talented at it so after some time I gave up on it. I ended up trying out writing poetry / short stories, as I believe it suits me more, even though it may not incredibly good (I have no illusions about that :lol:) nor as artistic as I find drawing / painting to be.

Anyhow, keep sharing your work and may you never fall short on inspiration! ;)

• Like 1

Incredible artwork! That first drawing with the apple, absolutely incredible. That must have taken a lot of time and effort. I think it's great that you decided to share some of your earlier work as well, it gives a glimpes of how your drawings have been evolving over the years.

I tried my luck with drawing when I was in my teens, but never was very talented at it so after some time I gave up on it. I ended up trying out writing poetry / short stories, as I believe it suits me more, even though it may not incredibly good (I have no illusions about that :lol:) nor as artistic as I find drawing / painting to be.

Anyhow, keep sharing your work and may you never fall short on inspiration! ;)

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I haven't been very creative lately, I don't have much space to work where I'm currently staying. Hopefully that'll soon change :yay:

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I haven't been very creative lately, I don't have much space to work where I'm currently staying. Hopefully that'll soon change :yay:

That's a pity, but passing through a less creative phase is sometimes unavoidable unfortunately. A friend of mine is having a similar problem regarding space, although her line of work is bijouterie and she desperately needs a space for her workshop. She actually also draws and paints as a hobby and is quite good at it, but she doesn't have the time for it anymore, due to her work.

Good luck with finding a place that's more comfortable to work in! Maybe creativity flows again once that happens :) .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have found my artistic side again! Tried something different, first time painting in about 6 years and first time ever on canvas.

Since I love the Atelier series I thought I'd try painting Meruru since she's just so cute and pink!

merurusmalll_zpsb90e75f9.jpg

This was just for fun and practice :yay:

Right now I'm working on a really large canvas of the Tales of Graces f picture on my 'About Me' page, almost(ish) finished, it's looking cyooot

Edit// Also if anyone here paints and has any tips let me know because I'm not very confident with them and don't have good technique or anything, really want to learn more :wub:

Excellent,very impresive artistic talent you have.

Thats with paint? Jealous you have good brush control. Im garbage with paint. Have you ever tried guache? (Spelling?) Its more for illustrative painting. You should look into it. Oh and if it needs to be said good work :)

Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys!

I haven't heard of that before I don't think, but I'll definitely look into it because i'm really liking this illustrative painting business :yay: Thanks!

I have found my artistic side again! Tried something different, first time painting in about 6 years and first time ever on canvas.

Since I love the Atelier series I thought I'd try painting Meruru since she's just so cute and pink!

merurusmalll_zpsb90e75f9.jpg

This was just for fun and practice :yay:

Right now I'm working on a really large canvas of the Tales of Graces f picture on my 'About Me' page, almost(ish) finished, it's looking cyooot

Edit// Also if anyone here paints and has any tips let me know because I'm not very confident with them and don't have good technique or anything, really want to learn more :wub:

Glad to hear you found your inspiration again! :)

Your newest painting is a great addition to your collection. Thanks for sharing and keep it up! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hellllo everybody, I've not been around the site for a while, I've lost my motivation for gaming for about the past month :'( I never thought that would happen to me but at least it's given me some time to do more arty things.

Lately I've been working on a Disney chibi series, here's a little peek:

pooh_zpsbc622e3f.jpg

ariel_zps01058e2f.png

lilo_zps86f5f284.png

Sorry they're so huge lol. All done in PhotoShop and PaintTool SAI. I'm planning on turning the individual characters into acrylic charms, jewellery and such when I have more characters completed.  :wub:

If anyone has a DeviantArt account leave me a comment here http://jennifairyw.deviantart.com so I can watch you! I'd like to see arty things from people around here, since we have some things in common  :awesome: That's also where I'll put most of the things I create ^-^;

• Like 4

What i've been up to today, a couple of photoshop paintings, still need lotsss of practice.

A few characters from the Arcana Heart games, if anyone's a fan you might notice i changed the hair, clothes and colours slightly :ninja:

ang1.jpg

heartain.jpg

:wave:

Wow, those are really similar to the game's art style itself, you've got some good stuff in here, your latest chibis are very cute too, keep it up!

The chibi pooh bear literally just made me smile. It was just that damn adorable. You have got yourself some talent, and thanks for the smile. 

Hehe aww thanks! You're welcome  :awesome:

Wow, those are really similar to the game's art style itself, you've got some good stuff in here, your latest chibis are very cute too, keep it up!

Thanks so much! I'll sure try  :highfive:

• 4 months later...