Tips please for Tribute with controller.

captainskyhawk

I just need to get the last race and damn I suck big time, cannot get anywhere near the time needed. I'm like just over a second off and cannot get quicker. The car is evil, the track is evil. Properly doing my head in.

Has anyone got any useful tips or tricks for completing this with a controller.

I want my 100% back.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to give this thread some worth I'll share my experience. I do not own a wheel so I was using a regular DS3 controller - I'm pretty sure it will be easier with a wheel and you could easily get away with no TCS.

The driving settings were:

ABS: 1

TCS: 1

Everything else off. 

I personally use the driving line for slight guidance, although the right line should come naturally most of the time. do yourself a favor and ignore the recommended gear to shift into, as it doesn't fully understand the car and the fastest way possible around the track. An example being on Hawthorn Hill - it recommends 2 shifts down where you basically want to shift down right before you turn in and clip the apex with the throttle on.

Most of the time you will only but shifting down to 3rd gear, although I recommend on the sharp-ish corners (Druids and Stirlings Bend) you shift down to 2nd sticking right on the apex. It's likely you won't get this for the first few tries, it took me a lot of KMs to successfully get my time down. Just look at improving each section you may feel sluggish at and eventually you'll be setting good laps once you are comfortable with every part of the track. Remember your ghost is probably one of your best friends for this. Once you get consistently efficient at the course, you should get it soon. 

For the 3 corner references:

circuit_brandshatch.png

I probably didn't make anything too clear but if anyone wants assistance I'll be help you out

• Like 1