What's a good weapon combo?

syzns

I tend towards Light Melee and Assault rifles.
I like high mobility, along with the ability to sever Abductor parts.
I was kind of bummed that the Aftershadow didn't have the ability to "sever" Abductor parts.
Yeah, hitting it will still cause it to fall off, but I like being able to see how far I am from removing it's arm.
I'd love to know how good or bad the Flare Knife (or Flare Knife +) compares to various light melee weapons.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I been currently using an Impact weapon and big ass machine gun.

Should I swap to Light Melee (to sever parts) and a smaller gun or keep the bigger gun?

That probably explains why I haven't been able to sever parts this whole time... took me until CODE 8 to realize that :P

• 1 month later...

Late response but what the heck. Do you mean parts destruction or sever (that's a QTE after you leap on a part)? Light Melee is faster on sever, but you can manufacture Flare Knife if you have a free tool slot in order to keep better weapons (especially if all you want to do is to sever until trophy and move on). Damascus severs fastest, but Hawkshadow has highest DPS potential in melee due to crits. Though I'd consider using Heavy Melee Excalibur instead. The combos can hit multiple parts in a single attack thus multiplying the parts damage.

You can also try a polearm but Exodus is the only native Impact type and thus your only choice there. Charged throw should work great against the annoying Dionaea. If you want to cheese you're not going with melee but a gun, Barbara to be exact. Once it's fine tuned it breaks parts like no other. Here's mine to get the idea:

2mzjww6.jpg

At lv. 10 Rank 1 Late Bloomer Barbara does 2895 damage per shot, that's the best burst damage you get in the game.

Well if last poster is asking help on breaking parts neither something like EZ Katze nor Portable Artillery or Autocannons are doing the job. No argument otherwise against EZ Katze for example, the sustained DPS is quite nice.

I never PvP'd so I don't know how good the heavies are in there, but PvE they're rubbish. Limited movement, low fire rate, basically all it has is stagger but why use something that hinders you, when you can Impact mod AR7/Custom which has the most wonderfully disgusting stagger rates in the game. Suffers from low clip and ammo stock, but equip it on your AI who has it infinite. I'm just pointing out going against anything that has fast attacks, which would be Ramosa, Paradoxa, Dionaea and Peltatum (and by endgame you're not fighting much else), getting rolled over is the last thing you want and that's exactly what will happen if you sport an AC.