I need some help, with questions regarding this game! :)

HauntingTsundere

Aesthetically speaking the appearance of each character only changes when utilizing certain "titles" that have a costume change built into them. Tales games are good about having at least a few different costumes go for each character. However, changing armor does NOT affect their appearance, though changing weapons will show the equipped weapon in and out of battle.

• 5 months later...

Aesthetically speaking the appearance of each character only changes when utilizing certain "titles" that have a costume change built into them. Tales games are good about having at least a few different costumes go for each character. However, changing armor does NOT affect their appearance, though changing weapons will show the equipped weapon in and out of battle.

^ This. There are about 4-5 costumes for each character and then 5 (I think) sets of DLC costumes you can purchase (Maid, Legacy [Cameo Tales Costumes], Pop Star, School, and Beachwear [Different from in-game beach costumes]). There are also something like 18 accessories you can attach to your character for further customization, though I felt like the options in this game were a bit lacking compared to Vesperia or Xillia. It's still kind of fun though :)

Hope this helps!