Chests and Cockades on the map

junesongprovider

Do viewpoints really not reveal chests anymore? 

I'm working on the trophies for chests and cockades now, and I knew that the cockades only show up on your map when you get close to them, but apparently the chests are the same? I could have sworn when I did the viewpoints most of the chests (at the time I assumed all of them) appeared on my map. But according to the collectibles tally for each district, only 50-75% of the chests are shown on my map. Is this a bug or do viewpoints really not reveal chest locations? 

I usually love collectibles in AC games. It's fun and relatively mindless, and I love getting to spend a few hours traversing the city, following the map to find them while listening to podcasts. But if I'm really going to have to wander aimlessly around the whole map searching for unmarked chests, this part of the game I used to love is going to be a huge pain. 

My suspicion is that you need to get close enough to chests or cockades to make them appear on the map. Take for example an un-synchronised region; chests and cockades that you get close to appear on the map. So my guess is that you need to do a systematic run around each region to find them all.

Synchronisation only appears to reveal side quests/activities.

But I may be wrong. That's just my impression.

The viewpoints revealed them in the beginning when I got every single one as the first thing to do when I got the game. Lately I've found more chests popping up on the map as I'm just running around close to them. All in all it's gonna take forever to find the rest of the chests.

I think you'll find that the cockades and chest you could see on the map were those ones you had wandered close to on your way to a viewpoint. In my experience so far, they only appear when you get close enough, and then stay on the map until collected.

I think you'll find that the cockades and chest you could see on the map were those ones you had wandered close to on your way to a viewpoint. In my experience so far, they only appear when you get close enough, and then stay on the map until collected.

No I just refuse to believe that  :lol: Really it's because I didn't wander around at all, just went from viewpoint to another. Synchronizing them revealed at least a dozen chests per district so I could swear it was the viewpoints. Anyway it was just at the start, synchronizing doesn't reveal anything on the map at all anymore.

If you're right I'm really confused about the distance required between the player and the chest.

No I just refuse to believe that  :lol: Really it's because I didn't wander around at all, just went from viewpoint to another. Synchronizing them revealed at least a dozen chests per district so I could swear it was the viewpoints. Anyway it was just at the start, synchronizing doesn't reveal anything on the map at all anymore.

If you're right I'm really confused about the distance required between the player and the chest.

Viewpoints only sync a couple of collectibles per district, you have 2 options:

1. run across districts one by one street by street to find all and collect (did that for the most part...)

2. ingame press the options button (on ps4) go to Estore and you can buy a collectible time saver pack that reveals all the collectibles on the map it costs 150 helix points or hacking points whatever they're called. it will make your life so much easier

• Like 2

2. ingame press the options button (on ps4) go to Estore and you can buy a collectible time saver pack that reveals all the collectibles on the map it costs 150 helix points or hacking points whatever they're called. it will make your life so much easier

Thank you for this, it really saves a lot of time and trouble!

OK. This is really starting to bug me now.

So apparently you have to do a certain Paris Story mission in order to unlock one of the doors to get one of the Cockades. 

I've done that mission, but whenever it tells me to "Interact (O)" the doors won't open. I've tried it a countless amount of times and I'm still no closer.

Any ideas why this is?

It's the one in Ile de la Cite in the Palais de Justice region in a cemetery.

I really? Is that for linking to Uplay or something? Because I don't have any helix credits on my game.

maybe because you brought weapons you normaly still had to unlock by playing sequences or like playing the Clan vs thing (you use these hacking points at that moment (if you didn't unlocked until now what you want to buy) which you also need inside the EStore) But while playing the game I got some more points I think it's for Uplay actions.

maybe because you brought weapons you normaly still had to unlock by playing sequences or like playing the Clan vs thing (you use these hacking points at that moment (if you didn't unlocked until now what you want to buy) which you also need inside the EStore) But while playing the game I got some more points I think it's for Uplay actions.

No, I've definitely not done any of those things. I stuck with the base weapons until I could afford something decent, but these weren't locked.

What's a clan? I didn't even realise this was a thing in this game. So many features... too many IMO. Anyway.

I need to sort out Uplay. It's really annoying me. I have one from my 360 days, but Unity decided unilaterally -  B) - to make me another Uplay account on this game. So now I have 2, but I can't un-link the PSN account from the unwanted Uplay account and return it to my first account. Stupid thing.

No, I've definitely not done any of those things. I stuck with the base weapons until I could afford something decent, but these weren't locked.

What's a clan? I didn't even realise this was a thing in this game. So many features... too many IMO. Anyway.

I need to sort out Uplay. It's really annoying me. I have one from my 360 days, but Unity decided unilaterally -  B) - to make me another Uplay account on this game. So now I have 2, but I can't un-link the PSN account from the unwanted Uplay account and return it to my first account. Stupid thing.

I think there's a way to unlink uplay accounts. I think I found an option when I was logged into my Uplay account on the Uplay Website (but not sure xD

I think there's a way to unlink uplay accounts. I think I found an option when I was logged into my Uplay account on the Uplay Website (but not sure xD

Yeah, there is, but it's really annoying and I can't get the re-linking of my PSN to Uplay to work. It just keeps re-loading the loading page, on an endless loop, once I enter my PSN details. I've sent Uplay a customer service request anyway. Hopefully they can help me.

This is going to be off topic but:

Noooo! Don't give in to the microtransactions! You'll only encourage them!

hahah don't worry i don't intend to, ever.

if you read my first comment i busted my ass running across districts street by street to find them until i found the option. i believe the helix points are given either through uplay or for some other actions i only used them once when i started the game and forgot about them until the end. turned out i had just enough to buy the time saver pack.

hahah don't worry i don't intend to, ever.

if you read my first comment i busted my ass running across districts street by street to find them until i found the option. i believe the helix points are given either through uplay or for some other actions i only used them once when i started the game and forgot about them until the end. turned out i had just enough to buy the time saver pack.

Uplay gives you 200 Helix Points for 20 U, I believe. None of the other currency rewards are worth anything, though. On top of that, I definitely got some extra from somewhere, but I don't know where. Maybe it was free when I started playing?

I easily had enough Helix to get the collectable Time Saver pack without any money changing hands. It also reveals Sync/Skill Points, which is also a big plus. Helix Points are, otherwise, completely useless. And overpriced for that matter - getting a single piece of the best equipment is $5 to $10 dollars worth of Helix Points, or something. Alternatively, I can make that money by playing the game for a few hours.

A Clan is a Club. If Club Competitions worked, it would be vital to getting 2/3rds of the better equipment, but they don't, so 2/3rds of the options are locked.

As for Uplay... Are you using a different email for your PSN and XBox accounts? Because I suspect that would do it.