Ace Bungon Plat Bolts - Finding them very difficult on PS Vita Port

Haven't played R&C on PS3 and PSV for a year and now coming back to it to platinum both, and holy moly these are a pain in the arse on the PSV! It took me at least an hour to get the first platinum bolt in the Rendezvous system, whereas on PS3 it only took me 2 tries...

It'll be "fun" going through the other ones. The recentering on the PSVita did not do a lot for me though, sadly enough. I just fully upgraded my ship, for whatever it's worth, then went back to the first race and got that done; boosted past Ace on the first couple of rings before you go through the first openings and then only boosted a quick tap once here or there.

• 1 month later...

I just got these races done! I must have spent at least five hours to get three bolts... I'm kind of amazed that such a big percentage as 20.9 % has gotten the platinum on the vita and 12.1 overall (PS3-version 11.3%!!). People playing ratchet must be a dedicated bunch and I'm amazed so many stuck it through ?. I'm not bad at platformers but those Ace Bungon races drove the difficulty up to 6/10 for me on the Vita. PS3-version was maybe 2-3/10.

The first and the third one was not that hard, the second one though.. holy moly. Most of the time was spent there. There are no shortcuts, persistance is the key.

Now I'll just finish of the plat and go on to ratchet 3. Will never touch ratchet 2 on the vita again after that!

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to say hello. Stuck on these three races aswell, but I guess eventually it will be doable. It doesn‘t feel as bad as getting the hoverboard Skill Points in R&C1 on Vita, but still very frustrating.

Sometimes I mean to go slightly left, go too far, then over-correct in another direction and yet again I miss a couple of rings.

Here‘s hope that R&C3 Vita doesn‘t have another trophy requirement that feels difficult because of the control scheme.

12 minutes ago, soniq said:

Here‘s hope that R&C3 Vita doesn‘t have another trophy requirement that feels difficult because of the control scheme.

R&C3 is the easiest one from the trilogy. Although there are these mini game speedruns (Captain Quark arcade machine), they are not too bad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the Platinum Bolt on Hrugis Cloud. The other 2 are relatively easy, but this one took many attempts over a few days with lots of breaks.

By the end I could manage runs with only 1 missed ring. Sometimes in the beginning, sometimes later one, but never a perfect run.

What made the difference for me was realigning the ship with the touch pad on the long stretch where there is no ring for a few seconds. Around the 1 minute mark or so.

This was the run where I finally got it. Could have been pure luck, but maybe it helps some other poor soul who is stuck in this hell. ?