Single player trophies glitched?

ThommieKarlsson

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/259-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Trophy-Guide

The cannibal bit can only be done by Trevor after the mission The Nervous Ron.

Yes, I did that. I think that is the first moment that you can actually deliver people to the Altruist cult.

I got eaten by a shark and that trophy didn't pop either. Tried starting a new game, got eaten by a shark, nothing.

Now I have deleted everything releated to GTA V on my console and started downloading it again. I hope that solves the problem.

I've been having the same issue. Even story trophies, ones that are unmissable, haven't been popping. You're supposed to get trophies for completing "Fame or Shame" as well as completing the second heist and I didn't receive either. I had to go back and replay the missions in order for them to pop, not sure why. I'm in the same boat for the Altruist cult trophy, as well as the trophy for earning money on the stock market. 

Is anyone else having trouble?

Yes, I did that. I think that is the first moment that you can actually deliver people to the Altruist cult.

I got eaten by a shark and that trophy didn't pop either. Tried starting a new game, got eaten by a shark, nothing.

Now I have deleted everything releated to GTA V on my console and started downloading it again. I hope that solves the problem.

Did you delete your save as well? Let me know if deleting the game data and re-installing everything works for you, if you don't mind. 

Parker

Did you delete your save as well? Let me know if deleting the game data and re-installing everything works for you, if you don't mind. 

I didn't try deleting the the save data before starting a new game. Now I have deleted everything I can find that relates to gta v.

I'm still downloading, and it will take a couple of hours.

I'll keep updating here until I find a solution.

I should probably have tried playing it on a secondary account before deleting everything.

Yep.  Called it.  Another half-assed, glitchy, broken R* game.  I'm not being a troll.  I'm being dead serious.  Max Payne 3.  Fine until you get to NYM and/or NYMHC modes then it's all over.  Infested with freezing, lags, enemies not spawning glitches, no audio glitches, etc., etc.  Red Dead redemption.  Mostly just visual glitches which - unlike Max Payne 3 - did not effect gameplay in any way except one time an invincible zombies glitch where they wouldn't die in Undead Overrun mode.  GTA V last year on all platforms.  People reporting losing their progress in the online.  Now this.  And I, unfortunately, chose to buy this.  Haven't really played much of it yet, but if this is what I have to look forward to....wonderful.  Just wonderful.

• Like 1

I've been having the same issue. Even story trophies, ones that are unmissable, haven't been popping. You're supposed to get trophies for completing "Fame or Shame" as well as completing the second heist and I didn't receive either. I had to go back and replay the missions in order for them to pop, not sure why. I'm in the same boat for the Altruist cult trophy, as well as the trophy for earning money on the stock market. 

Is anyone else having trouble?

Parker

I didn't get the one for fame or shame either, did you just go and replay the missions straight away and you got it?

I didn't get the one for fame or shame either, did you just go and replay the missions straight away and you got it?

Yes, I went into the menu, replayed the mission and as soon as I completed it for the second time the trophy popped. Same thing for the heist trophy as well.

Parker

My trophies were working just fine and then I did a private taxi job and didnt get the trophy for it, and that's when I realized my trophies were glitched because I spent way more than 200,000,000$ and didn't get the trophy for it, so I deleted the game data (not my save data tho of course) and when the game finished installing my trophy about the money popped, but not the taxi so I'll guess I'll have to do that but thankfully it didnt glitch when I did nuclear waste so one thing to keep in mind now is always do a quick save before finishing something important & unique (letter scraps, nuclear waste, 100%, ect..)

UPDATE : Actually take that back, I got my 200,000,000$ trophy working fine and the story mission coming after that, but then I got Trevor to pick up and hitchhiker and take her to the Altruist, and trophy didnt pop, so I don't know where the problem is coming from but it's really starting to get anoying, between the MP trophies not popping and the story mode trophies not working either, I didn't pay a game on release date to be a beta-tester, and they released an update this afternoon and of course it doesnt fix a thing, nice job Rockstar :yay:

Edited by dee-lan
  • Like 1

Anyone unlocked "Multi-Disciplined" trophy? I did everything what was needed to that trophy on ps3 and it's didn't popped. I mean  - Shooting Range, Flight School Offroad Race, Sea Race Street Race,Triathlon even gold medal in time trial. I need to do something new on ps4?

EDIT:

Popped after the game restart. 

Edited by ambr0ktn

POSSIBLE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM AND FIX : Hi again guys, yesterday I had 3 trophies glitching on me, the 200,000,000$ trophy, the altruist one and the private taxi fare one (sorry for not having the exact names of the trophies, my trophies are named in French), so anyways, it seems like the problem is coming from the patch update, so far trophies that can only be done once such as the money, the letters scraps, nuclear waste, ect... It seems like just deleting the game data and re-installing makes them pop after the loading, but for required actions such as the taxi private fate, getting eaten by a shark, and the altruist, I'd say it mostly depends on luck as some people do it several times and they unlock the trophy, and some don't even have it glitched, but for the private taxi fare it's kinda complicated because you can only get 9 private fares and calls from you company asking for help is very random and very rare, so I've tried over and over and just wouldnt get the trophy, and I deleted game data and did a private taxi fare and on my first try trophy popped hands down against 6 or 7 tries with the update installed, so this is my advise : pause the update and keep it that way for the mean time and when you get single player done, finish downloading it, I'm not 100% the problem is coming from the update but it seems pretty positive so if you get trophy glitched, you could try out this technique and let me know if it worked for you, or not, good luck to all of you guys ;)

HOW TO REMOVE THE UPDATE : Unfortunatly to remove the update you need to go in your data management and delete Grand Theft Auto V game, wich implies you to re-install the game and takes about 45 mins (except if you got digital version wich would take much more time to download the game back). if you go to " download " and delete the patch, it'll just delete the notification, not the actual update so it won't change a thing.

STATUS UPDATE : Since I deleted the patch (this morning) I have gained all my trophies in one go, wich includes under the bridge and knife flights, collecting all the letter scraps, collecting all the spaceship parts, ect... My friend couldn't unlock the kifflom trophy, he deleted the game and re-installed it without the update patch and he got the trophy on his first try, so it definitly seems like this is a fix in the meantime until Rockstar actually releases an update correcting this, so if you are having problems unlocking trophies, this should definitly work fine, just make sure to pause the update download or delete it if it's finished download because quitting the game will allow your PS4 system to automaticly install the update. The only small in-game change is that you can't see your progress for the " A New Perspective " trophy, wich normally indicates how much time you spent in FPS Mode under " General " in your stats, dissapears without the patch, but I can confirm the trophy is unlockable as I did unlock it without the patch by playing in FPS view, so have fun guys ! :)

Edited by dee-lan

I've given up getting the trophies on GTA 5 until theres a fix, it's so annoying that the smallest trophies just won't unlock.

Yeah I know it's a real mess, but give my technique a try it might be a fix, it has worked fine for me so far, it might work for you ;)

Edited by dee-lan

Yeah I know it's a real mess, but give my technique a try it might be a fix, it has worked fine for me so far, it might work for you ;)

I'll give it a go, but it really annoyed me when even Three Man Army didn't unlock. :P

I drove around with three stars with all of them for a good 15 minutes and didn't get the trophy.  :S 
When I go on GTA next, I shall try it and let you know.

regarding some of the cult deliver and shark trophy, i noticed it doesnt update that I did them on my social club. dont know if it has anything do with syncing with social club??

I drove around with three stars with all of them for a good 15 minutes and didn't get the trophy.  :S 

When I go on GTA next, I shall try it and let you know.

Without the update ? Are you sure you deleted the game data and re-installed the game ? Because if you just go to downloads and delete the update, it won't delete it, it's just a notification, because since I deleted the patch I got a lot of trophies including collecting all the letters scraps and the spaceship parts, wich are apparently very glitchy, and my friend have tried this technique and he's getting all the trophies too :huh:

regarding some of the cult deliver and shark trophy, i noticed it doesnt update that I did them on my social club. dont know if it has anything do with syncing with social club??

I don't know but I don't think so because I got trophies that the Social Club didn't mention me having ;)

Without the update ? Are you sure you deleted the game data and re-installed the game ? Because if you just go to downloads and delete the update, it won't delete it, it's just a notification, because since I deleted the patch I got a lot of trophies including collecting all the letters scraps and the spaceship parts, wich are apparently very glitchy, and my friend have tried this technique and he's getting all the trophies too :huh:

I don't know but I don't think so because I got trophies that the Social Club didn't mention me having ;)

I deleted the game data and started getting trophies. But when I tried deliver some people to the Altruist cult, but no trophy. I thought it might have something to do with the 1.03 patch. So I tried deleting the game data again. Delivered some more people, but no luck,

No trophies shows up on the Social Club for me. 

I deleted the game data and started getting trophies. But when I tried deliver some people to the Altruist cult, but no trophy. I thought it might have something to do with the 1.03 patch. So I tried deleting the game data again. Delivered some more people, but no luck,

No trophies shows up on the Social Club for me. 

Huh... That's weird, hope something works out for you man :unsure: