Single player trophies glitched?

ThommieKarlsson

I didn't get anything on the ps3 because I don't understand how stock works and since I started it on day 1 I missed the opportunity to get all that money  :lol:

I'm only gonna play GTA in a month or 2 anyway so maybe by then all is fixed, after all the heists should be coming soon and maybe they'll patch it at the same time

Here's a link to a site to explain how to make money off the market. http://www.gamepur.com/news/12206-gta-v-how-make-15-billion-or-more-lesters-assassination-missions.html It's pretty self explanatory and easy, only thing is you'll net around 800 million in total on the PS4 instead of 1.5 billion. But you'll need this for the "A Lot Of Cheddar" trophy, which is spending 200 million in total across 3 characters. You'll get the trophy just from buying the stock when you have roughly 80 million per character. 

EDIT: I'm a GTA Online addict for the most part, my old PSN account which I retired, I was rank 522 legit. Started my new PSN in August and I'm rank 325 as of now. One thing about this game is when R* patches one bug or exploit, 15 more are created. Their Q & A department is definitely asleep at the wheel with this game. I've sent in over 20 bug reports for both story and online  via tickets since the game was launched in Sept 2013. Remember every time someone mentions heists they get delayed another 6 weeks lol. I just hope they are bug free, and as good as they were advertised in the trailer. If they're not bug free those youtube whores will have a field day making their money glitch videos. 

Edited by CaptSteve81

• 3 weeks later...

I made a ticket to the R* support and they gave me this possible solutions to trophy problems.

I didn't have time to check them, but if somebody will please let us know if anything from the list works for You.

Possible solution for trophy problems in single player mode:

Hello Patrickosan,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with trophies not popping despite the fact that you've met the criteria for them. The following is a compiled list of possible, easy-to-try, risk-free work-arounds that have worked for some other players having similar issues with trophies:

Possible Solution # 1 (For any/all missing trophies):
1) Boot your PS4.
2) In the cross media bars (PS4's home menu), go to "Trophies" and hit X.
3) Once the trophies list loads, hit the Options button on your controller.
4) Highlight "Sync trophies with PSN" and hit X.
5) Launch GTA V/O and check to see if your trophies have popped.

Possible Solution # 2 (Only if you are missing any of the following trophies: "Three-bit Gangster, "Making Moves," "Above the Law,"):
1) Launch GTA Online with the affected character.
2) Level up in personal rank (not the same as crew rank).
3) Check to see if any of these three missing trophies pop.
4) Repeat steps 2 & 3 a few times to see if the trophies pop.

Possible Solution # 3 (For any/all missing trophies):
1) Launch GTA V story mode.
2) When the game loads, go to online mode ("invite-only" or "Go" will work).
3) Once Online loads, go immediately back to story mode by selecting "Leave GTA Online" in the "Online" Menu.
4) Repeat steps 2-3 a few times and see if the trophies pop.

Possible Solution # 4 (For any/all missing trophies, only works if you have a disposable character that you don't care about losing, or no character in the other slot):
1) Create a new character in your alternate character slot (whichever slot is not your main character). NOTE: Do NOT delete your main/favorite character.
2) Watch the intro movie and don't skip anything.
3) After Lamar drops the character off in the parking lot, walk toward the blue race circle to start it. By now, the trophies may have popped. If not, walk toward the race circle, start the race, complete the race, and see if the trophies will pop.
4) Check for your trophies if you haven't already.

Possible Solution # 5 (For any/all missing trophies, only works if you have already transferred your character from a previous-gen console to the PS4. NOTE: If you have NOT done a successful transfer from a previous-generation console (PS3, X360), skip Solution # 5 and try Solution # 6):
1) Boot up GTA V and load into story mode.
2) Once the game loads in, hit Start.
3) Go to "Online"
4) Highlight "Character Transfer" and hit X.
5. You'll get a black screen with a small message, hit X.
6. You will get another black screen after that with a much larger message, just hit X again and let it load into GTA Online.
7) Check your trophies again. NOTE: You may have to repeat this process several times to get all the achievements to start unlocking.

Possible Solution # 6 (For any/all missing trophies):
1) Power down your console.
2) Log into http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ using a PC or mobile device.
3) Select Settings in the top right drop down menu.
4) Select Linked Accounts.
5) Un-link the PSN ID you have linked to this Social Club Account.
6) Wait for a few seconds.
7) Re-link the PSN ID you had linked to this Social Club Account.
8) Boot your console, launch GTA, and check for your trophies.

Possible Solution # 7 (For any/all missing trophies):
1) Boot up GTA V/O
2) Fulfill all criteria for any other trophy you've never gotten before. Pick something easy, if possible.
3) Upon fulfilling the criteria for the trophy and seeing the trophy unlock, save your game, and close the GTA V/O application.
4) Launch GTA V/O again and see if your trophies have popped by now.

Please feel free to let us know if any of the solutions listed above helped you get your trophies back. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Malik R.
Rockstar Support

They've said the same bullshit since november. The real problem here is the Social Club which is fucking up everything, but they won't admit it. Disconnect your PS4 from the internet when you are playing single player and every trophy works fine. For the online trophies, remove your PSN-account from the Social Club website.

They've said the same bullshit since november. The real problem here is the Social Club which is fucking up everything, but they won't admit it. Disconnect your PS4 from the internet when you are playing single player and every trophy works fine. For the online trophies, remove your PSN-account from the Social Club website.

I've been holding out since release to plat this game simply because I want to be online while doing so, but it seems R* don't even care about trophies so offline is the way it has to be.

Game itself is great, but this kinda shit is destroying it. I won't touch single player again after I finish it. This is ridiculous... If I will hear once again that R* cares about gamers, I will laugh so hard... Same shit was with Max Payne 3. They weren't able to fix bugs in single and multiplayer. Even GTA Online on Ps3 was so bugged that they couldn't patch it for a long months. Looks that decreasing money income and increasing prices in game was more important than fixing the real bugs. Money... Money everywhere...

They are the best at making single player story, but if it comes to online or bug fixing, there is still a long way before them.

PS.

Oh yeah, playing offline helps with all the trophies.

So just play single player offline and you are good to go.

Edited by Patrickosan

I haven't really kept up to date the last months, but it seems like you guys have figured out how to get the trophies to pop.

I just wonder if I should be disconnected from PSN or if i should disconnect my PSN id from Social Club?

Edit: Disconnecting from Social Club seemed to do the trick. Now's just the problem of keeping track of what I do for 100% completion. Any suggestions?

Edited by ThommieKarlsson

I haven't really kept up to date the last months, but it seems like you guys have figured out how to get the trophies to pop.

I just wonder if I should be disconnected from PSN or if i should disconnect my PSN id from Social Club?

Edit: Disconnecting from Social Club seemed to do the trick. Now's just the problem of keeping track of what I do for 100% completion. Any suggestions?

I was wondering the same thing myself, but have had luck since the heist patch, so I won't disconnect from Social Club just yet.

I got most of my glitched trophies out of pure luck. There's only one I still need which is From Beyond the Stars. Anyway, I contacted Rockstar about the issue and this is what they told me:

Hello HolyFad,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that this is a known issue and will be addressed in future patches. Please check the Rockstar Support site for future updates for more information about when this issue may be resolved.

We thank you for your continued patience.

Please feel free to revert to us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

George T.
Rockstar Support

I got most of my glitched trophies out of pure luck. There's only one I still need which is From Beyond the Stars. Anyway, I contacted Rockstar about the issue and this is what they told me:

Shame that, I had hope that they had fixed it with the heist patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Shame that, I had hope that they had fixed it with the heist patch.

Hey man, not sure if you've noticed because I can't be bothered reading up, but I just jumped on for fun and got the shark trophy, the rampage trophy, and some other trophy too. I had to do the things again, but I was just fucking about and they popped, hopefully you're all good too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, not sure if you've noticed because I can't be bothered reading up, but I just jumped on for fun and got the shark trophy, the rampage trophy, and some other trophy too. I had to do the things again, but I was just fucking about and they popped, hopefully you're all good too.

The trophies I have been going for have popped so far, still a little worried about the 100% and 70 medals ones though.

The trophies I have been going for have popped so far, still a little worried about the 100% and 70 medals ones though.

Pretty well all I've got left to do at the moment, if I finish them I'll reply here once more. Looks like this thread might finally fade off into the sunset as the trophies seem to be working for everyone.

I haven't touched GTA in a while. Four Way and Parole Day didn't pop when I completed the requirements. I'm sure if I do them again they'll pop but I haven't bothered. You'd expect them to learn from their mistakes. Anyway, it's good to see people are getting their trophies. I might try again with the trophies soon.

• Like 1

Pretty well all I've got left to do at the moment, if I finish them I'll reply here once more. Looks like this thread might finally fade off into the sunset as the trophies seem to be working for everyone.

Alright cool, I'm going to start finishing the story now that the trophies seem to be working.

I haven't touched GTA in a while. Four Way and Parole Day didn't pop when I completed the requirements. I'm sure if I do them again they'll pop but I haven't bothered. You'd expect them to learn from their mistakes. Anyway, it's good to see people are getting their trophies. I might try again with the trophies soon.

Heist trophies had issues too? Wow I didn't know that.

Veering totally off topic here but: 

I'm on PS3 I have 97.5% progression with only stunt jumps, Bridges and Knife flights left for collectibles. I'm going for the Solid Gold Baby Trophy and it requires you to get 70 gold medals. I'm sure as you all know. I have about 72 no trophy what do I do?

You might be screwed, I hope you're not, but you might be.

It's not entirely the same, but when I went for the 30 platinum awards in online, it didn't pop for me and I needed to get another one or two, so I ended up with 31 or 32, then it popped. Hopefully you get yours soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: Only trophy glitched on me right now is From Beyond the Stars. Going to finish all other trophies then start a new game for this trophy. Hopefully no other trophies will glitch on me.

19Sf3fdb3.png From Beyond the Stars     55S44925e.png Parole Day     57S253d1b.pngFour Way     44S740825.png Decorated

Edited by HolyFad

• 2 weeks later...

Solid Gold Baby Trophy glitch resolved:

Finally got it. Found the answer on another forum. If you haven't got a certain gold medal yet, log out of PSN for about 2 minutes, then sign back in. Go and get the gold medal. Wait for the game to log you back into the main story (you know where the save point is created when replaying missions). And the trophy should pop.