Very dissapointing port.

I have been patiently waiting for this game to come out on ps3. I normally never pre-order games but i made an exception for this game after the good reviews and fun looking gameplay. However, i was very dissapointed when i actually played the game.

This game has trouble keeping 30 fps, it's extremely choppy. The graphics are horrible. The textures dont pop up in time and when they finnaly do, they're ugly and blurry and not pleasing to look at.

The loading screens are very annoying. You'll wait 10 second to get back to the game from the pause menu. 

Whoever decided this port was good enough for distrubution should be fired. If you want to buy this game on ps3, dont do it. You'll regret it. 

EDIT: I'm also having issues with stuttering sound.

Edited by samturret_
  • Like 2

Yep...
Here's some gameplay of the Xbox 360 version

Looks... really bad. I definitely will be getting the game only for the PS4. I expected for the last-gen versions to look quite... different. But I didn't expect them to look and play this bad!
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that, but you really needed to dig more before buy it, I haven't a PS4 yet but since the moment I knew about differences between PS3 and PS4 (starting with a limited Nemesis system) was enough to wait till the day I get the PS4. Maybe you can trade it for another game :(

It sucks and devs should just stop releasing games on last gen if they aren't going to be optimised (Look at Dragon Age Inquisition for another poorly done last gen port).

That said you must've known what you were getting in to when you bought it for a near decade old console. Not criticising your choice or anything, but I do think the devs did try to optimise the last gen versions (hence the delay), it looks like the PS360 is finally giving out. 

• Like 1

It sucks and devs should just stop releasing games on last gen if they aren't going to be optimised (Look at Dragon Age Inquisition for another poorly done last gen port).

That said you must've known what you were getting in to when you bought it for a near decade old console. Not criticising your choice or anything, but I do think the devs did try to optimise the last gen versions (hence the delay), it looks like the PS360 is finally giving out. 

I knew the game would not look as good as the ps4 version and i even knew that the nemesis system would be limited. But this is almost not playable.

I hope these poorly done last gen ports are not becoming another trend.

I knew the game would not look as good as the ps4 version and i even knew that the nemesis system would be limited. But this is almost not playable.

I hope these poorly done last gen ports are not becoming another trend.

After watching that video, I don't know what they were thinking, they should've canned it honestly. Looks like QA packed up after development on the current gen versions. If you aren't having any fun, I'd recommend you get a refund, no one should pay money for this.

they shouldn't have bothered with a last gen port... if you can't make it work correct, why bother? Oh that's right... money. This is a new ip. The want it to reach as many people as possible to maybe get enough sales to warrant a second game... However, with it's limited nemesis system, the biggest selling point of the game imo.... it was bound to be a terrible version from the get go. I'll be waiting til I have a ps4 to get this game.... by then, it ought to be cheap enough to pick up the season pass and the game, if not a complete edition. 

shouldn't have released on last gen, i knew that the last gen version will going to be butchered like this since the day the devs said they're focusing on the current gen. guess this delay they giving to last gen version is not actually to polish the last gen, but to water it down as much as possible.

i don't know if this was intentional or gave last gen a lazy port *looked at the Devil Withing ps3 vs ps4*.... ps4 is still looks better but, the ps3 version is still looks good for a ps3 standard and yep! shadows of mordor ( ps3 ) is a lazy port then.   

Holy crap.

Since i'm selling my PS3 to get a PS4 at the end of the year, i didn't mind about buying this game because it will have DLC's.

But after watching the video Jack posted, i won't even rent this game, i prefer to buy it on PS4.

CoD: Advanced Warfare had a good port, but this... is horrible.

• 7 months later...

This thread is hilarious.

Comparing games between PS3 and PS4? aww :( The PS3 version's of lesser quality? Shocking! So shocking, in fact, there's really no reason left to live now, right? What is this new world of trickery?

Calling this game "unplayable"? Really? Like, unable to be played? :hmm: It seemed to play fairly easily when I inserted the disc and pressed start. I pressed attack; he attacked. I pressed run; he ran. You must either have a defective copy or a bad console. Maybe you didn't preorder it fast enough.

You're worried about a trend of PS3 getting lesser PS4 ports? Stop buying the PS3 titles. You support the trend by buying the games and then criticize the trend for existing. You are the reason it exists.

They went to all of this trouble to give the previous gen players an opportunity to experience the title and all you can say is, "It's not as good as the PS4 version." Well, duh. I guess, in their defense, it's better than the video game you made. ;):P:lol:

Anywho. Put down your controllers and try to save the world. :jaymon:

• Like 2

This thread is hilarious.

Comparing games between PS3 and PS4? aww :( The PS3 version's of lesser quality? Shocking! So shocking, in fact, there's really no reason left to live now, right? What is this new world of trickery?

Calling this game "unplayable"? Really? Like, unable to be played? :hmm: It seemed to play fairly easily when I inserted the disc and pressed start. I pressed attack; he attacked. I pressed run; he ran. You must either have a defective copy or a bad console. Maybe you didn't preorder it fast enough.

You're worried about a trend of PS3 getting lesser PS4 ports? Stop buying the PS3 titles. You support the trend by buying the games and then criticize the trend for existing. You are the reason it exists.

They went to all of this trouble to give the previous gen players an opportunity to experience the title and all you can say is, "It's not as good as the PS4 version." Well, duh. I guess, in their defense, it's better than the video game you made. ;):P:lol:

Anywho. Put down your controllers and try to save the world. :jaymon:

A port should be handled with care regardless the console it's been ported to.

• Like 2

My post was meant to be a way to say that this game is perfectly fine the way it is and the OP is just over-exaggerating because his expectations appear to have been unrealistically high and full of entitlement.

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have been patiently waiting for this game to come out on ps3. I normally never pre-order games but i made an exception for this game after the good reviews and fun looking gameplay. However, i was very dissapointed when i actually played the game.

This game has trouble keeping 30 fps, it's extremely choppy. The graphics are horrible. The textures dont pop up in time and when they finnaly do, they're ugly and blurry and not pleasing to look at.

The loading screens are very annoying. You'll wait 10 second to get back to the game from the pause menu. 

Whoever decided this port was good enough for distrubution should be fired. If you want to buy this game on ps3, dont do it. You'll regret it. 

EDIT: I'm also having issues with stuttering sound.

I just started this. I can live with the choppy scenes, or the graphics. But the load times are absurd. You will wait 7-10 seconds every time you move between various menus. Or when you bring up the map.

I want to like this game. I just don't. Thankfully, I didn't buy it.

My post was meant to be a way to say that this game is perfectly fine the way it is and the OP is just over-exaggerating because his expectations appear to have been unrealistically high and full of entitlement.

Fanboy much? There is little that is "unreasonably high" about his expectations, and one is not "full of entitlement" to expect that simply moving between menu options won't incur severe load times.

Oh yeah. I liked that game, because I like Dragon Age, but man - it was annoying to play that sucker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...