Far Cry 4 Users Accidentally Reveal they Pirated the Game

kidhero99

It's one level of douche-ness to pirate a game these devs spent 2+ years developing, but it's a whole new level to then bitch about your illegal copy on forums. How entitled do you have to be.

It's worse when I see morons on Facebook, etc posting  screenshots of themselves downloading an the game on Utorrent while bragging about it as if they've accomplished something noteworthy.  They're only proving that they're pretty much a bunch of thieving assholes.

Edited by kidhero99

i love it when publishers troll pirates like this. I have no respect at all for people who steal games. If you don't wanna spend $60, wait for a sell or use rental services like Gamefly/Redbox. I use gamefly all the time.

Except you can't rent PC games.  Look, I'm not going to defend pirating a game -- nor am I going to defend people bitching about pirated copies -- but in this day and age there's virtually no way to try games out before you buy them if you play on PC, and given Ubisoft's distrastrous handling of Assassin's Creed: Unity, I'd definitely be on the fence about giving Ubisoft money for a PC game too.

I'm sure a few of these people are genuinely interested in buying Far Cry 4, but they wanted to make sure 1) it was optimized well and 2) wasn't buggy as all hell.

Edited by spencerisarobot
  • Like 3

Except you can't rent PC games.  Look, I'm not going to defend pirating a game -- nor am I going to defend people bitching about pirated copies -- but in this day and age there's virtually no way to try games out before you buy them if you play on PC, and given Ubisoft's distrastrous handling of Assassin's Creed: Unity, I'd definitely be on the fence about giving Ubisoft money for a PC game too.

I'm sure a few of these people are genuinely interested in buying Far Cry 4, but they wanted to make sure 1) it was optimized well and 2) wasn't buggy as all hell.

That is where the internet comes into play. There are plenty of PC only reviewers on YouTube so for those who are genuinely concerned about the PC version there is plenty of information out there. 

There is absolutely no reason for someone to pirate a game, if you can't afford it, save up. If you don't want to support the company, don't play the game. Personally, it disgusts me to see people try to justify why they pirate games (which thankfully isn't something I see on this site), especially when they try to act like victims of the big bad publishers because they are on PC. 

Parker

• Like 4

That is where the internet comes into play. There are plenty of PC only reviewers on YouTube so for those who are genuinely concerned about the PC version there is plenty of information out there. 

I'm sure that works for some people, but I'd rather be able to try it for myself, especially given all the different variables that come into play on PC.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no reason for someone to pirate a game, if you can't afford it, save up. If you don't want to support the company, don't play the game. Personally, it disgusts me to see people try to justify why they pirate games (which thankfully isn't something I see on this site), especially when they try to act like victims of the big bad publishers because they are on PC. 

Parker

So i take it you have never illegaly downloaded a song, movie or tv show then ?

• Like 1

Parker

Trusting in reviews is worse than playing a pirate game.

Trusting in reviews is worse than playing a pirate game.

PC reviewers are pretty damn cynical when it comes to the ports they get.  If you still want a game after watching/reading one of their scathing reviews (or know enough about your PC or PC gaming in general to catch their horribly overblown points)... the game really has nowhere to go but up in terms of what you think about it.

It's one level of douche-ness to pirate a game these devs spent 2+ years developing, but it's a whole new level to then bitch about your illegal copy on forums. How entitled do you have to be.

This.  This all day long.  Not to make baseless generalizations... but in my several years as a Steam patron, your average PC gamer is the definition of entitled.

Edited by Dreakon13