I hate this game

caasuaI_

If you hate the game, then why go for the plat? When I hate a game it gets left for the backlog which I never really get back to. I love lego lord of the rings, so I would think the hobbit would be good as well. Glitches suck, but its part of gaming.

I hated it not having a tracking system, LEGO LoTR  was much better, this sucks compared :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/21/2014 at 10:02 PM, zJoee_x said:

I hated it not having a tracking system, LEGO LoTR  was much better, this sucks compared :)

I found both games to be tiring grinds.  Nearly 50 hours for each one I'm sure.  Just too many side quests.  Too much back and forth traveling and the night day system was unnecessary and dumb.

21 minutes ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I feel your pain. I started this game 8 years ago and and couldn’t return until a few months ago cause every time I started it up I would get bored after a few minutes 

Lego Games while looking like easy plats are actually 30 to 50 hour grinds of collectibles.  Some of the challenges are often frustrating as well.  Such as the stupid flying races or the dance challenge in Lego The Movie.  The one positive I can say is that they do put me to sleep I almost always take a nap playing them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LegendExeter said:

Lego Games while looking like easy plats are actually 30 to 50 hour grinds of collectibles.  Some of the challenges are often frustrating as well.  Such as the stupid flying races or the dance challenge in Lego The Movie.  The one positive I can say is that they do put me to sleep I almost always take a nap playing them.

Do you have any Lego game that you recommend? I've recently went through Ninjago (given for free) and I was actually surprised. I let my wife play the story and helped her with the harder collectibles after that. Pretty chill and having arrows pointing to the golden bricks was time-saving.

14 minutes ago, skinnybass said:

Do you have any Lego game that you recommend? I've recently went through Ninjago (given for free) and I was actually surprised. I let my wife play the story and helped her with the harder collectibles after that. Pretty chill and having arrows pointing to the golden bricks was time-saving.

Well ultimately if you are a fan of what the game is based on you will probably like it for that already.

IMO the best Lego Games have been:

Lego Batman 2 - sons favorite

Lego Jurassic World - my favorite

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skinnybass said:

In Ninjago, there’s a particular race that feels impossible to get Gold in. Last night, it took me about 25x to finally get it. 59.99 seconds with a minute timeline. Good luck!

5 minutes ago, jninja79 said:

Lego POTC
Lego Marvel SuperHeros
Lego Star Wars 1/2 or TCS

The golden trio of lego games.

Others are decent like Harry Potter and Jurrasic, I found the Batman ones boring, not properly given LoTR or Hobbit a try so cant comment on them. 

The Incredibles has been our favorite so far! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jninja79 said:

Lego Marvel SuperHeros

Some of the flying races were pure shit until you understood the controls.  I also didn't like that the levels were long and you couldn't enter them at certain points like you could with Lego Jurassic World.  That made collecting a lot faster.

It's like meh to me, you had to use Iron Man like 90% of the time.  Some of the quests were vague as hell to.   

5 minutes ago, kkulifay said:

The Incredibles has been our favorite so far! 

I Completely forgot about Lego Incredibles. xD I did enjoy it, mainly because the story levels were a lot shorter so the game felt like less of chore to play through. I think level length is part of what put me off the lego Batman games.

1 minute ago, LegendExeter said:

Some of the flying races were pure shit until you understood the controls.  I also didn't like that the levels were long and you couldn't enter them at certain points like you could with Lego Jurassic World.  That made collecting a lot faster.

It's like meh to me, you had to use Iron Man like 90% of the time.  Some of the quests were vague as hell to.   

I never really had any issues with the flying missions, maybe like the first 2 till I got the hand of the controls but once id got it the rest were super easy. The only race I had issues with was the RC car one on a roof, that one can rot in the deepest depths of hell. The story levels were a bit too long in sotry mode, but as soon as you get the story finished the freeplay was super fun, especially the hubworld stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jninja79 said:

I never really had any issues with the flying missions, maybe like the first 2 till I got the hand of the controls but once id got it the rest were super easy. The only race I had issues with was the RC car one on a roof, that one can rot in the deepest depths of hell. The story levels were a bit too long in sotry mode, but as soon as you get the story finished the freeplay was super fun, especially the hubworld stuff.

OMG yes.  What in the hell was wrong with that car?  Took me like 10 to 12 tries as well it was like....is this broke?  You couldn't tell what was forward or backward and any slight deviation from straight and you were hitting a wall and had no time to correct it.  Super frustrating race.

• 1 year later...

I started this up and died a bit inside when it was one of the "die and restart the level" games. I hated when they did that. It's not as hard as stupid Marvel was, but it's still annoying. And I like and loath the little map thing at the same time. I like the concept but the execution is so trash. Why is there no way to see which people you've finished a quest for? Why can you not skip their dialog when you talk to them? Why so many things. 

At least the cutscenes aren't compressed to hell like Harry Potter 5-7? But the ingame audio sure is.