Lost Archive DLC Story (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!)

First off I think the gameplay was terrible cause it was like Desmond's sequences....really boring and uninteresting in my opinion....it's ok the first memory or 2 but then you just get kinda sick of it....

Though the important thing I found in the DLC was the part where we find out Lucy was technically part of the templars....explaining basically why Desmond was forced to kill her....what do you guys think about it?....I think it was kinda expected she was a templar or that she was a distraction somehow how for Desmond....though finding out she was supposed to be an assassin from birth and then ended up becoming a templar is really interesting to me....

What do you guys think of the quote "They must suffer as we have suffered."....was she talking about the templars and implying they all have to be eliminated?

• Like 1

I don't know if this is unrelated, but I really love the AC series, and played AC1 and AC2 (got the plat on that one). However the lame mp trophies have kept me away from the unnumbered entries (Brotherhood and Revelations). With AC3 looking f'ing awesome...do I bother with the B and R? I mean if I got AC3, I'll probably plat it no matter and I would have plats on AC2 and AC3 which is kind of nice if you ignore B and R.

First off I think the gameplay was terrible cause it was like Desmond's sequences....really boring and uninteresting in my opinion....it's ok the first memory or 2 but then you just get kinda sick of it....

Though the important thing I found in the DLC was the part where we find out Lucy was technically part of the templars....explaining basically why Desmond was forced to kill her....what do you guys think about it?....I think it was kinda expected she was a templar or that she was a distraction somehow how for Desmond....though finding out she was supposed to be an assassin from birth and then ended up becoming a templar is really interesting to me....

What do you guys think of the quote "They must suffer as we have suffered."....was she talking about the templars and implying they all have to be eliminated?

I didnt like the gameplay either. As someone who suffers from simulator motion sickness (ie: I cant play FPS style games for long periods of time or else I end up getting really sick), I had to do everything a memory at a time. Even those were long stretches that made me nauseated by the end of the memory.

From a trophy hunter perspective, the DLC is tough. The Data fragments were easy enough to find but going through the another memory just to see the actually ticked me off. 2 of the trophies will now prevent me from getting the 100% on Revelations, since they require near perfect timing. Add to that, if you die, you have to do 1/4 of the memory before actually getting to the area you need to be in once again for the trophy. Annoying.

As for the content in the DLC, I was happy with the closure it brought, but not the way it brought it. I liked Lucy. I was actually rooting for her up until they did this DLC. Ubi took down one of your greatest allies and pegged her as a Templar, not explaining much to why she was a Templar beyond "she was erased from our databases." and "ask them why they abandoned you long ago" BS! Ubi does better writing than that. I did have an inkling she was a Templar but everything up to this DLC screamed she was genuinely an Assassin. Clay, on the other hand, was handled well. They didnt really say why he offed himself and painted the Abstergo room with his blood but his back story was interesting.

The quote "They must suffer as we have suffered" could be an omen. From what I've gathered in Revelations, Those Who Came Before were wiped out from a solar flare. Maybe the Templars had something to do with them getting wiped out and now, TWCB are using the assassins to get rid of the Templars. Just my theory.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is unrelated, but I really love the AC series, and played AC1 and AC2 (got the plat on that one). However the lame mp trophies have kept me away from the unnumbered entries (Brotherhood and Revelations). With AC3 looking f'ing awesome...do I bother with the B and R? I mean if I got AC3, I'll probably plat it no matter and I would have plats on AC2 and AC3 which is kind of nice if you ignore B and R.

Well have you tried the multiplayer?....some people hate it and some people love it....I personally loved it so the multiplayer trophies came easily for me....and the Revelations multiplayer trophies are very easy to get too....the only issue you'd really have is with the get to Level 50 trophy and get Extreme Variety trophy in Brotherhood....playing before would have been better because the ACB community has really died out for the most part as people now play ACR instead of ACB....without regards to trophies....that's like reading Harry Potter 1 and 2, and then skipping to Harry Potter 5 and wondering what happened in between....the stories are great in both of them and crucial if you want to understand Revelations....obviously you can just read a spoiler somewhere but I don't find that fun....and also game mechanics are a lot different and improve with each game....you should honestly play them....I think you'd enjoy them definately....

I didnt like the gameplay either. As someone who suffers from simulator motion sickness (ie: I cant play FPS style games for long periods of time or else I end up getting really sick), I had to do everything a memory at a time. Even those were long stretches that made me nauseated by the end of the memory.

From a trophy hunter perspective, the DLC is tough. The Data fragments were easy enough to find but going through the another memory just to see the actually ticked me off. 2 of the trophies will now prevent me from getting the 100% on Revelations, since they require near perfect timing. Add to that, if you die, you have to do 1/4 of the memory before actually getting to the area you need to be in once again for the trophy. Annoying.

As for the content in the DLC, I was happy with the closure it brought, but not the way it brought it. I liked Lucy. I was actually rooting for her up until they did this DLC. Ubi took down one of your greatest allies and pegged her as a Templar, not explaining much to why she was a Templar beyond "she was erased from our databases." and "ask them why they abandoned you long ago" BS! Ubi does better writing than that. I did have an inkling she was a Templar but everything up to this DLC screamed she was genuinely an Assassin. Clay, on the other hand, was handled well. They didnt really say why he offed himself and painted the Abstergo room with his blood but his back story was interesting.

The quote "They must suffer as we have suffered" could be an omen. From what I've gathered in Revelations, Those Who Came Before were wiped out from a solar flare. Maybe the Templars had something to do with them getting wiped out and now, TWCB are using the assassins to get rid of the Templars. Just my theory.

I agree with you...Clay's background story was really good and done well....and I also liked Lucy and still do kind of because even though she's a Templar she still feels like a victim to me....

Which trophies do you need help in?....I found them overall easy but a little tedious at times....the annoying part was playing.... :P

Impress Warren Vidic and Crossing the River Styx. I have horrible timing and the FPS perspective kill me for those 2 trophies

Crossing the River Styx isn't that hard....if you're stuck use a video walkthrough from Youtube....plus you know if you mess up there's an easy way to get pass the lasers?....when you're walking forward when you start the level....keep walking forward tll you get to the turn....but instead walk to the right part of the ledge and jump down....if you place one of those blocks correctly you'll land in the area just past the lasers....but yeah the toughest part of the trophy is the column with lasers on it....for that instead of trying to land....land on a block and them jump to the middle so you don't die....the other trophy Impress Warren Vidic is a little tough....you might have a hard time as it's all about timing....it's not that hard but you have to keep doing it till you get the hang of it....

Well have you tried the multiplayer?....some people hate it and some people love it....I personally loved it so the multiplayer trophies came easily for me....and the Revelations multiplayer trophies are very easy to get too....the only issue you'd really have is with the get to Level 50 trophy and get Extreme Variety trophy in Brotherhood....playing before would have been better because the ACB community has really died out for the most part as people now play ACR instead of ACB....without regards to trophies....that's like reading Harry Potter 1 and 2, and then skipping to Harry Potter 5 and wondering what happened in between....the stories are great in both of them and crucial if you want to understand Revelations....obviously you can just read a spoiler somewhere but I don't find that fun....and also game mechanics are a lot different and improve with each game....you should honestly play them....I think you'd enjoy them definately....

Well.....after I finish up some of my back-log I'll give Brotherhood a try! Thanks for sharing your opinion! :D

• 3 years later...

I know it's an old topic, but I have to express feelings.   :unsure:

This is definitely the worst dlc that I played and I play games since the age of 64 Commadore. For those who do not know, in Europe was first C64 and later Amiga and then appeared later on the PC and PS3.

The game first person in the story? Stacking the dice? Graphics?
No. It's a lazy designers. Unimaginative. Ghastly. Terrible. Awful!  :angry:

I'm hoping to play a few "free" the story of Altair, not FPS narrative. AC not fps and what does it? Gameplay was terrible.  
Trophy Impress Warren Vidic .... come on! What is the meaning of this trophy? Provoking anger? Disgust? Abandoning the trophy? Mocking all trophy Hunter?

It is absurd. No, it is not absurd. Albert Camus explained absurd. This is grotesque. The poor, lazy and grotesque.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Possibly the worst DLC I have ever played. Didn't care about the protagonist or his annoying father and I hated the animous sequences in the main game.

I really don't understand, you have certified badasses Altair and Ezio in the same game and you make the only single player DLC about anonymous_dork 16? Wtf!

If you aren't going for 100% avoid at all costs, unless you actually liked the animous sequences. . .

I really liked the DLC and wished it had some more content. :D

The talk about Lucy was kinda shock for me, didn't understand for a long time why Desmond had to kill her :( . I consider this information important and don't understand why's it only in the DLC. It should be mentioned in the main game.

As regarding to the trophies. I needed 3 hours to "impress Varen Vidic", but just 1/2 hour to cross the river Styx  :lol: . I am really happy that i got that part completed. Now the bigger task are again some MP trophies which i don't like because their MP :D

• 1 year later...

I liked this dlc actually, it was fun and surprising when they revealed Lucy was working for templars or rather assassins because they mentioned later she was trained to infiltrate Abstergo. Thats how I understood it at least. Desmond sequences in the main game were a walk in the park compared to this dlc though. I would rate this dlc 7/10 and trophy difficulty 3/10.

Edited by Saionji

• 1 year later...