Ending discussion. Mind=blown *Spoilers follow*

Grample_Gust

So i just finished with the game last night and that ending really caught me off guard. Easily the most twisted ending in the series. I was mad about it, too. Because I remembered seeing a leak of someone explaining what they saw, I read two lines and the entire thing was ruined for me. But since it was leaked so far from release, I tried convincing myself that it was a fake leak. And then a saw another leak, and another, and another. So I already felt it coming, but it was still very well done. 

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it, did you like it? Or did you think it sucked?

Oh, and there were also some really cool sequel set-ups. Including a personally long-awaited connor sequel. He is mentioned in the final moments. And i loosely quote "Connor and his assassins in the colonies will be your undoing." And of course there is another tease from one of the hidden tablets in Abstergo which mentions that he had a "Crazy wife" and a "Messy death" Which really makes me wanna know what happened. 

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 2

I liked it. It tied into Unity nicely without feeling forced. I played Unity first so I could kind of see what was going to happen after the first glitched memory in rogue. The modern day was more substantial than Unitys, but it didn't further the story much like Unitys did, I did like learning about Otso Berg though.

Shay is one of my favourite characters in the franchise, but my major complaint is that the game was too short. Every mission was fun to play, and there were no filler tailing missions. They should have polished Unity with a delay into 2015, and given a fully developed Rogue the 2014 spotlight. That said, I'm still excited to see what 2015's AC game will be about.

Despite being undercooked, it is one of the best games in the franchise for me (2 > Unity > Black Flag > Rogue > Brotherhood > 3 > Revelations > 1) 

• Like 4

I liked it. It tied into Unity nicely without feeling forced. I played Unity first so I could kind of see what was going to happen after the first glitched memory in rogue. The modern day was more substantial than Unitys, but it didn't further the story much like Unitys did, I did like learning about Otso Berg though.

Shay is one of my favourite characters in the franchise, but my major complaint is that the game was too short. Every mission was fun to play, and there were no filler tailing missions. They should have polished Unity with a delay into 2015, and given a fully developed Rogue the 2014 spotlight. That said, I'm still excited to see what 2015's AC game will be about.

Despite being undercooked, it is one of the best games in the franchise for me (2 > Unity > Black Flag > Rogue > Brotherhood > 3 > Revelations > 1) 

Very nice.  I think its one of my favorites too. I would give it an 8/10. I would subtract a single point because even though the plot was really great. The characters could have had more screen time in order to make there deaths hit harder. And subtract another because of a few gameplay-inconsistencies. But as far as length goes. It took me just as much time to beat it as any other AC game. A total of about 20 hours for the main story coupled in with some of the side activities, in the end when the credits rolled i got 60% in-game completion. So i didn't see an issue there. A worthy title to the series name. And probably the darkest.

Edited by shananiganyo

Actually you're wrong on that Connor quote. The guy was referencing AC3. He said something along the lines of; Connor and his assassins undid your templar bussines in the colonies.

And the William Miles thing, is just to show the player how unorganized and weakened the modern day assassin's are. 

Actually you're wrong on that Connor quote. The guy was referencing AC3. He said something along the lines of; Connor and his assassins undid your templar bussines in the colonies.

And the William Miles thing, is just to show the player how unorganized and weakened the modern day assassin's are. 

Correct. But it was still foreshadowing a sequel between connor and shay. Which I am excited about!

• 3 weeks later...

This might be my last AC game although I've enjoyed the series (a lot of negativity around Unity) and Rogue has been a welcome detour from the Assassins.  When I did the Lisbon mission and had the mini platforming segment in the church, I was excited expecting more of that sort of old-school AC gameplay.  Although that wasn't the case I did enjoy being back in New York before the great fire.  And the naval gameplay was just as fun as it was in AC4.  The story arc may have been shorter than past games but if you enjoy doing the sidequest and not rushing through the main story itself, Rogue is just fine in content.     

• 2 weeks later...

This game has certainly blown me away. I had no information about the game at all except that it was about an Assassin-gone-Templar. I've played all the games except Liberation, and I've always picked them up at release. I played Unity first. I had no clue that they tied in to each other at all. With the glitched memory... I recognised Versailles and thought "Hmm... that's cool. This place was in Unity. And there's the balcony that Arno entered through to go to Elize. Interesting. I wonder what's up..." I didn't even think about a correlation until I was at the end and walking through the hallway and saw a little boy and girl and I heard "I'm Arno." *giggles*. This game is a masterpiece. This game should have been on next-gen. I don't know why they didn't do what they did with Black Flag and put it on both consoles. I can only imagine what it would look like with the power of a PS4. This game is great. Just about to finish up the Plat for Rogue. Just got to kill some fools with some cheats active. Hit me up if you have older AC games and want to grind some MP sometime. Have to do MP in all the games with it...

This game has certainly blown me away. I had no information about the game at all except that it was about an Assassin-gone-Templar. I've played all the games except Liberation, and I've always picked them up at release. I played Unity first. I had no clue that they tied in to each other at all. With the glitched memory... I recognised Versailles and thought "Hmm... that's cool. This place was in Unity. And there's the balcony that Arno entered through to go to Elize. Interesting. I wonder what's up..." I didn't even think about a correlation until I was at the end and walking through the hallway and saw a little boy and girl and I heard "I'm Arno." *giggles*. This game is a masterpiece. This game should have been on next-gen. I don't know why they didn't do what they did with Black Flag and put it on both consoles. I can only imagine what it would look like with the power of a PS4. This game is great. Just about to finish up the Plat for Rogue. Just got to kill some fools with some cheats active. Hit me up if you have older AC games and want to grind some MP sometime. Have to do MP in all the games with it...

I agree. A very good game indeed. If you havent played liberations they made an HD version on the PS store. Its a pretty boring game. Easily the worst in the series. But its a very simply platinum and I recommend it because 90% of the war letters that you find in rogue are actually from the main characters in liberations, also the black dude with the hat is actually one of the main villains in liberations as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Correct. But it was still foreshadowing a sequel between connor and shay. Which I am excited about!

I don't think they are hinting at another Connor game. Rogue takes place just before AC III. So, I think they were just foreshadowing the events of AC III.  

• Like 1

Shay going to paris happened after the events of AC3. So its still possible.

Yeah, it is. I just think that what happened in AC III is what they were referring to. Connor did dismantle the Templars in the Colonies. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see another Connor game, but unfortunately, he wasn't well received by the majority of players :(

Yeah, it is. I just think that what happened in AC III is what they were referring to. Connor did dismantle the Templars in the Colonies. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see another Connor game, but unfortunately, he wasn't well received by the majority of players :(

Which is so lame and obnoxious. Hes suuuch a great guy! Hes different sure, but he was really fleshed out and; despite what angry joe said, Had a lot of personality. Heres hoping. But I'd like to point out that after the latest AC was leaked one of the viewers said that the main character was a "familiar assassin" so im guessing its someone that we've met/played before. P.S. ITS PROBABLY CONNOR BRGRGRHRGELIRLRGL!!

Which is so lame and obnoxious. Hes suuuch a great guy! Hes different sure, but he was really fleshed out and; despite what angry joe said, Had a lot of personality. Heres hoping. But I'd like to point out that after the latest AC was leaked one of the viewers said that the main character was a "familiar assassin" so im guessing its someone that we've met/played before. P.S. ITS PROBABLY CONNOR BRGRGRHRGELIRLRGL!!

Yeah, I really enjoyed his character. He was deeper than Ezio and I liked that. I guess we will have to wait and see! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. black flag

2. rogue

were the best in the series in my opinion followed by ezios saga, altair and connor, unity and liberation.

i didn't like unity one bit, it was awful, i missed whistling and other functions that made the games good. I just hope victory uses rogues mechanics and not unity

• 1 month later...

You know one thing I was surprised about, and not sure if anyone else was expecting it to happen. After hearing about Haiti and seeing Lisbon.. did anyone else think somewhere near the end of Rogue was gonna feature the Great Fire of New York and it being related to a precursor site???? I swear I thought the game was building up to that moment but thus it never happened lol. 

As for the ending, It was a awesome game and MUCH needed game to change the plot formula of a Assassin centric game. Shay was a fallen hero who only wanted help others, but had to make sacrifices and hurt people he called friends. It's sad this game/plot were put under the radar and Ubisoft put more resources into Unity. You can tell by how short the main story is.. if they would've built up the story more this would've easily been #1 on my list. 

For one, the mission that Shay finally turns his back on the Brotherhood felt abrupt after Lisbon mission. They should've spent a few more missions to get us as a player to connect with Shay and his relations to the other Brotherhood members (The whole 'virus' wiped memories reminds me too much of AC2's Sequence 12 and 13 DLC shit). Then possibly more missions building up to the point we have to kill his friends. There is one positive about the game being short, almost NONE of it was filler, and all of it was straight to the point. Which is good.. but doesn't really allow you to build a connection to the characters. Shay, Haythem, Hope, and Achilles were the only ones I could build connections with.

Brotherhood > Rogue > AC2 > Black Flag > Revelations > AC3/AC1

Edited by MafiaBrett

• 3 weeks later...

We'll probably see Connor, Arno and Aveline with maybe a new assassin in Assassin's Creed 5. With Shay as the new Grandmaster of the Templar Order grooming Napoleon to take his place. While probably being able to play the whole main story in co-op if you choose to. Also giving Arno the chance to exact revenge for his father's death. At least that's my guess on where they're going with this story. I'm not sure how to fit in Victory yet because the victorian era started in 1837. Anyway if it goes like this, we'll probably be seeing Connor again.

• 5 months later...

The game wasn't received well due to the horrible voice-acting delivered from Connor (Seriously the chose him only because of his Native-American language speaking capabilities), the atrocious beginning, and probably the insane and counter-productive side objectives which completely pull you from the experience, unlike in Rogue. That's my take on it, at least. I mean I liked a lot of the things AC3 did (fogged map even after synchronisation not being one of those) like the sewer exploring minigame and how it kind of set the bar for next AC games. Rogue is a much better game though; the ending completely blew my mind. I wasn't expecting it until I saw the central building in Versais where Charles was killed. Then I heard his name: "Charles Dorian" and I'm like "Holy shit!!! NO WAY!!!" Awesome gameplay and impressive graphics; especially in Versais, it's quite frightening how they got it to run at a stable frame-rate on 7th gen consoles!

• 6 months later...

Wow I had no idea the games were linked until right at the end when I was at Versailles. Played Unity on launch day and have played it again since. Was a really nice surprise for me this game and really enjoyed the link. Still can't believe that plot twist, its got me like a good episode of Game of Thrones gets me. Wow impressed. 

• 1 month later...

i think the templars were using Shay.. Achille even didn't know about the real problem here.

Playing AC3 and Rogue, it confirm that Haytam is selfish: only show himself at the end of the battle, and ask the others to do a big ask for him