Rogue : recommended on nightmare ?

nagisa-chan1987

With archery and assassin, using Mark of Death, I would hit between 16-28k using it with Full Draw. I also crafted a tier 4 bow with 78% armor pen... Crazy damage.

Well if u just want to finish this game because of the trophy than u can spam Flask of Fire and Focus ability and it will not consume ur focus since it is glitched.

Edit: Not glitched but it was not intentional by Bioware. They might fix it soon.

Edited by SooFany-R

Well if u just want to finish this game because of the trophy than u can spam Flask of Fire and Focus ability and it will not consume ur focus since it is glitched.

Edit: Not glitched but it was not intentional by Bioware. They might fix it soon.

I actually wasn't aware of this. So first hitting FoF invalidates it being counted as a focus if you use it next? Weird that they meant for that to happen. 

I actually wasn't aware of this. So first hitting FoF invalidates it being counted as a focus if you use it next? Weird that they meant for that to happen.

They didn't mean for this to happen. Flask of fire disables all energy costs for abilities. If u upgrade it, then abilities have no cooldown. So when u use it u have 5 sec to spam Focus ability. U place 5 abilities at once with it which makes the game piece of cake especially high dragons. This is the cheapest way to do the trophy if u don't want to do it legitemately. 

Hi, I have a question. What Race is best for Rogue on Nightmare difficult? Or it doesn't matter?

No, race doesn't matter.

I'm sure the high dragons will be ver very hard...Templar shadows i fear them yeah. Now i'm trying to have the perfect team to go through the game. Cassandra as my tank, Vivienne and Solas as DPS Mage (spirit both) and myself (rogue archery)

How did it go, nagisa?

If you're still having trouble, add me to friends, and we can Share Play. I can then show you how to do it by controlling your characters. (I won't beat it for you, I promise!)

• Like 1

Beat the game at level 15 with a DW Rogue with Sara, Cassandra, and Vivienne as my companions throughout the whole game. Also never used that tactical view nonsense.

Veteran Trophy (Reaching Level 20): November 25, 2014 - 11:53 PM

Inquisitor Trophy (Beating Nightmare Mode): December 3, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Other two mode completions: December 3, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Uh huh......

Edited by medcsu
  • Like 1

No, race doesn't matter.

How did it go, nagisa?

If you're still having trouble, add me to friends, and we can Share Play. I can then show you how to do it by controlling your characters. (I won't beat it for you, I promise!)

well the only time i tried to fight a dragon i was beaten in less than 10 seconds. For now i'm trying to beat the "in your heart shall burn" quest.

well the only time i tried to fight a dragon i was beaten in less than 10 seconds. For now i'm trying to beat the "in your heart shall burn" quest.

Okay let's figure this out. What level are you currently, do you have an older save (before the quest), & is ALL your gear on your four party members fully upgraded? Also, are you strategically using regen potions first, moving everyone except your tank away from the center action (piece by piece), and are you focus firing?

Okay let's figure this out. What level are you currently, do you have an older save (before the quest), & is ALL your gear on your four party members fully upgraded? Also, are you strategically using regen potions first, moving everyone except your tank away from the center action (piece by piece), and are you focus firing?

I upgraded as I could, not sure if it was enough though. I'm lvl 11. Vivienne is a mage with storm and spirit tree, solas spirit and cold tree

I upgraded as I could, not sure if it was enough though. I'm lvl 11. Vivienne is a mage with storm and spirit tree, solas spirit and cold tree

On Nightmare, I actually didn't even try a dragon fight until ~15. The lowest level dragon, if I remember correctly 13, with the highest being 23; moreover, the first dragon I killed was not the Hinderlands one. It was the one in the Western Approach. That gave me the confidence to do Hinderlands, and Crestwood Dragons without too much difficulty. 

You do not need to kill the dragons right away -- I would recommend to kill as many before the last boss for the large XP gain and Influence. 

The kill order for dragons for me was: Western Approach (13), Hinderlands (13), Crestwood (13), Emerald Graves (15), Exalted Plains (13), Storm Coast (19), Emprise du Lion #1 (19), Emprise du Lion #2 (21), Hissing Wastes (21), Emprise du Lion #3 (23). 

Note the levels (in parenthesis), may not be 100% correct, but close.

Nagisa, I just found a source that said "If you try a dragon on Nightmare lower than level 12, you'll be in for trouble"... You were brave to try!

I agree with medcsu. Early game, all four of your toons should have regen potions in addition to the stock healing potions. For me, I changed the potion "threshold" for Cassandra (my tank) to 0 to ensure that she can keep using potions if she needs to. Later in the game, for dragon fights, you can look up what element they are, and stock up with the appropriate Resistance Tonic (Fire, Ice, Electrical). I did that for the last dragon (Emprise du Lion #3), but usually rolled with Healing Mist Grenade (this pattern is found on a spider under the keep in Crestfall -- spider's name is "Snowball"). Very useful pattern especially when everyone gets pulled in -- as it is a grenade, you can usually hit your entire team. Note that the AI will not use a grenade or tonic on their own -- which is silly... I prefer DA:2 style of AI.

I am considering making a trophy guide for PSNProfiles for this game... 

Due to the glitch issue I had to start over a few days ago so I am at the portion just after the Templar (SPOILERS!) decks the revered mother in VR. Here is my current situation exactly:

1) Every single quest (except the oasis doors obviously) is completed

2) Every collection (save Mosiac) that is possible is completed

3) Every area that can be opened up is opened up

Current Level: 12

So, long story short, you are ahead of me missions wise but behind me level wise. You need to get back out there and level up more and, while you're at it as Kal said, use Healing Mist when it becomes available as it's a very cheap alternative. Bring yourself back to the point before you started that mission and complete all the side quests. It may not seem like much but that 1 level could make all the difference in the world when you're struggling. 

Let me get this straight. You are stuck at this quest for over a week? o.O Also you are so low lvl and this far in the game? I'm lvl 9 and I even didn't talk to mages or templars I just get in the Val Royeaux. BTW I have 9 hours played. :) But I wish you good luck with that goddamn quest ;)

Edited by Konsty_ml

Let me get this straight. You are stuck at this quest for over a week? o.O Also you are so low lvl and this far in the game? I'm lvl 9 and I even didn't talk to mages or templars. BTW I have 9 hours played. :) But I wish you good luck with that goddamn quest ;)

The max level for that quest start is 12 if the player has completed every quest so he/she isn't exactly that low of a level at 11. I know this because I have completed every conversation and quest currently up to that point (the god damn trophy glitch caused much of this "knowledge" based on having to repeat this crap - incase you're wondering how I know). Technically I guess one could farm spiders in the Oasis to 13-14 but screw that as it would take a long time. That said, 12 is the utter max from quest turn ins and doing each and every one up until the Mage vs Templar decision and the Haven onslaught transfer to Skyhold. 

One more level could help him/her out as, like anything else, some people are not as adept as others with specific types of encounters. For me, I've always had little to no issue with the hardest difficulty levels of games but that doesn't mean everyone is like that and it doesn't make them any less able to get it done. It will just take him/her some extra work and, most of all, preparation and positioning. 

The max level for that quest start is 12 if the player has completed every quest so he/she isn't exactly that low of a level at 11. I know this because I have completed every conversation and quest currently up to that point (the god damn trophy glitch caused much of this "knowledge" based on having to repeat this crap - incase you're wondering how I know). Technically I guess one could farm spiders in the Oasis to 13-14 but screw that as it would take a long time. That said, 12 is the utter max from quest turn ins and doing each and every one up until the Mage vs Templar decision and the Haven onslaught transfer to Skyhold. 

One more level could help him/her out as, like anything else, some people are not as adept as others with specific types of encounters. For me, I've always had little to no issue with the hardest difficulty levels of games but that doesn't mean everyone is like that and it doesn't make them any less able to get it done. It will just take him/her some extra work and, most of all, preparation and positioning. 

Oh, thanks for the info, I wasn't trying to be mean or something in her.

Also I like how my party members are using the same gear for like 4-5 lvls because I can't find any better, and don't have enough money to buy Schematics for 3k in Val Royelaux. So any advice where to get better equip or "farm" money? 

Also I like how my party members are using the same gear for like 4-5 lvls because I can't find any better, and don't have enough money to buy Schematics for 3k in Val Royelaux. So any advice where to get better equip or "farm" money? 

If you really, REALLY wanted to... you go do the "Advance Time" thing for your War Council missions... Start the "Gather Gold" mission, hit your PS button, go to Settings --> Date/Time, and manually adjust your time one hour later. This will automatically complete the mission you sent your Council member on. I don't recommend this if you're looking to get the most out of the game (and regret even mentioning it), but you can get monies fast if you need better gear to advance.

I only used this to get "Regal" trophy, and nothing else.

I'm afraid I don't have much to offer in the way of farming gold. However, let me put it this way. My initial game save (the one I had to replace). I have 47k gold, have bought nearly every schematic, bought the mount, in fact, bought every damn thing there is to buy that could be useful in terms of plans. And yet, I still have almost 50k without farming for one second. 

All I did was complete every quest, get the extra quests from conversations, totally explore each region, and, never once bought a piece of equipment (I always either looted it or built it). Currently, on this new play through, I have 14k and that is with everything I need to get to the next chapter (per say). So my suggestion would be (unless you want to do what Kallume suggested) just do all the quests, explore all the areas and you will have way more than enough. 

Veteran Trophy (Reaching Level 20): November 25, 2014 - 11:53 PM

Inquisitor Trophy (Beating Nightmare Mode): December 3, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Other two mode completions: December 3, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Uh huh......

Two playthroughs bruh, Level 21 mage on casual, level 15 rogue on nightmare. Whats so hard to figure out about this? As you can see I got the trophy for finishing the last quest well before I got the trophy for beating the game on nightmare. #MYTHBUSTED.

Edited by BhekifaZ
  • Like 1

Two playthroughs bruh, Level 21 mage on casual, level 15 rogue on nightmare. Whats so hard to figure out about this? As you can see I got the trophy for finishing the last quest well before I got the trophy for beating the game on nightmare. #MYTHBUSTED.

What "myth" are you referring to? 

Your meaningless use of my trophy timestamps with a good ol' UH HUH written after it.

If it was meaningless, why take the time to bother with attempting to prove me wrong? If you think I am accusing you of something, ask. Speculating and making assumptions makes a person seem.... meaningless.....

That said, I am not the type of person who hides behind bologna and does not pretend. I think you are full of crap that you beat nightmare mode as a level 15 without ever once using the overhead. However, it means absolutely nothing to the scheme of my existence so unless you want to prove it in a definitive manner, it is clear I would be wasting my time as bragging about something like that, even if it were true which, again, I don't buy, is about as comical as something can be. 

If it was meaningless, why take the time to bother with attempting to prove me wrong? If you think I am accusing you of something, ask. Speculating and making assumptions makes a person seem.... meaningless.....

That said, I am not the type of person who hides behind bologna and does not pretend. I think you are full of crap that you beat nightmare mode as a level 15 without ever once using the overhead. However, it means absolutely nothing to the scheme of my existence so unless you want to prove it in a definitive manner, it is clear I would be wasting my time as bragging about something like that, even if it were true which, again, I don't buy, is about as comical as something can be. 

Whatever you say mate. I know it to be true and in the end that's all that really matters. Also I replied to your meaningless time stamps because you were implying that I was lying by posting that I got to level 20, but failed to post the time stamp of when I beat Corupheus almost a week before I got my nightmare trophy.

Edited by BhekifaZ

Whatever you say mate. I know it to be true and in the end that's all that really matters. Also I replied to your meaningless time stamps because you were implying that I was lying by posting that I got to level 20, but failed to post the time stamp of when I beat Corupheus almost a week before I got my nightmare trophy.

Yeah, and what does that prove exactly? Dazzle us with your desire to shed your non meaningless evidentiary dealing potential. I, for one, cannot wait as this has turned from silly to sad in the span of mere minutes. Regardless, I await your enlightenment......

Yeah, and what does that prove exactly? Dazzle us with your desire to shed your non meaningless evidentiary dealing potential. I, for one, cannot wait as this has turned from silly to sad in the span of mere minutes. Regardless, I await your enlightenment......

This must really be eating you up inside huh?

This must really be eating you up inside huh?

Are you seriously asking me that question? You got me.... it's decimating me. It's so bad that I have created multiple posts trying to defend myself from.... wait a second..... oh that's right... that's you doing that. 

And here I was thinking that you were serious when you said:

"I know it to be true and in the end that's all that really matters."

Now now boys. 

Innocent until proven guilty is still the staple! 

Let's assume that BhekifaZ did do Nightmare at 15. We have no actual substantial evidence to prove otherwise. Well done if you did; however, this post is not to brag about how easy it was for you, it is to help the poster with Rogue Nightmare questions/difficulties. 

What would be valuable is what spec you chose, what team you used, what items you had.

medcsu, remember, the final mission is 16-19, not 20+.