How painful is this?

I have the game on PC.  It's a charming little game, quirky... I kind of like it.  I don't mind the PS2 era graphics and clunky controls.  However, they did an awful job porting it.  It crashes frequently, has lighting issues, etc... and the developers don't seem to want to fix anything about it.

If I got this on the PS3, can I at least expect to be able to play the darn thing?  Or does it suffer from similar stability issues?

I watched a stream of it, that guy didn't seem to have any problems.  I also got the disc myself, and it froze twice while trying to talk to people...but it's my fault for not saving frequently and getting pissed off I lost a lot of progress.  

Basically, I guess it varies from person to person.  I hope the digital version will treat me better.  I'm actually scared of the PC version now, because it actually sounds worse than the PS3 version.

I have the game on PC.  It's a charming little game, quirky... I kind of like it.  I don't mind the PS2 era graphics and clunky controls.  However, they did an awful job porting it.  It crashes frequently, has lighting issues, etc... and the developers don't seem to want to fix anything about it.

If I got this on the PS3, can I at least expect to be able to play the darn thing?  Or does it suffer from similar stability issues?

I played through all the way to plat without any problems at all.

I'm currently working on a platinum for this game. The only issue i have with it is slight frame rate drops, other than that the game is stable, no freesing no crashing which is very important since you can't save while replaying chapters.

P.S. This game will be avaliable for free as part of ps plus december lineup.

Edited by dimonemt

• 2 weeks later...

No problems so far. No crashes, errors or bugs that I've experienced.

It's a strange game but I'm loving the storyline and conversation with the folks around the town. It's a unique and original idea.

Jiaho24.png

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just platinumed this gem of a game, can't remember the last time I had this much fun!

On the technical side of things, the game didn't crash on me once during the 20 hours or so I spent with it. The only technical issue I recall is a dip in framerate RARELY. Other than that, runs perfectly. Like you said, it's a very charming game, and leaves you with a warm, bittersweet feeling by the end, all nostalgic and stuff. It has more heart and soul than most triple-A games with glistening graphics. You should def get it, you won't regret it!

• Like 2

I didn't had any issues with game stability and this is easily for me in top three games of all time, great great game and especially for fans of Twin Peaks it's a must!!!;-)

I didn't had any issues with game stability and this is easily for me in top three games of all time, great great game and especially for fans of Twin Peaks it's a must!!!;-)

• Like 1

Since I noticed this topic was alive again, I just want to say that people managing to finish a game doesn't mean it isn't buggy or unstable (especially if the sample size is the millions of gamers tracked on this site).  People finish it on PC all the time... it's just really, really frustrating.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 2 weeks later...

I am about midway through the game and have not experienced a single technically difficulty that you have described. The only thing that I can think of that slain enemies often take a couple seconds to fall after being killed. Collision detection is off at times, but it not an issue if you know what you are doing. You're in the clear in my opinion. Enjoy this work of art.

• Like 1