Mah2c' Radiant Garden of Platinums

TwilightSpira

PLATINUM 139 - SHOVEL KNIGHT : TREASURE TROVE (VITA)

1Le3920c.png

Date of achievement : June,4, 2017

Enjoyment : 9,0  Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: True Shovelry

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is a complete package for sharping your digging skills. Apart from the main campaign, shovel of hope, the game gives you for free all the other campaigns, with the last one to be released later this year.

Shovel Knight is a 2D platformer game, so expect all the fun that comes with the genre. Throughout the campaign you will collect coins, power ups and defeat bosses in numerous levels leading our Shovelry Knight into becoming a masterful digger. 

1706062201210120.jpg

The game looks and runs great on the Vita, matter of fact i thought the game was perfect as a portable experience. The platinum run is a satisfying adventure and will demand some experience with the game, although nothing will be as difficult as the equally awesome archeology adventure know as LA Mulana.

So sharpen thy shovel and discover the mysteries from this Gem of a indie game

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 140 - DYING LIGHT : ENHANCED EDITION

1L76d3e0.png

Date of achievement : June,19, 2017

Enjoyment : 9,0  Difficult: 5,0

Hardest Trophy: It's all in the writing/The whole story

Dying Light : The Following Enhanced Edition is a updated and complete version of the 2015 zombie hit game from Techland.

The game shares the same premise of his predecessor, in a post apocalyptic world, which hell broke loose, and zombies took over the world, we are assigned to infiltrate a quarantine zone in pursuit of knowledge that could reverse all this pandemic. In the end however, as we should expect by now, hell happens right after our landing into the place, now we must continue our sly appearances and keep yourselves in check in the process, Welcome to Harran

1706202001530098.jpg

As a true and authentic successor of Dead Island, expect the game to share lots of similarities. Dying Light is a open world survival game played in 1st person perspective, with lots of weapons, blueprints and collectibles to find.

As we progress , lots of new skills will be available to us, ones that range from simple gimmicks in attacks patterns to the awesome grappling hook. Although the premise is similar to Dead Island, this one brings a major upgrade in gameplay with the inclusion of Parkour mechanics, turning a simple yet effective gameplay into something fun but hard to master.

In the end, Dying Light Enhanced Edition really manages to deliver a fun and complete game. A package that includes the main game and all the previous dlc released, ones that ranges from mastering the Parkour, a arena mode and the awesome Buggy massacre story chapter know as the Following.

So grab your favorite drink, fasten your seat belt and turn all this rotted tide into glorious and fresh ground meat. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've visited your thread man. Still obtaining them badass plats I see :D 

I've seen your recent post about leaving that competition. You're focussing on your completion rate? Is that true :o? If so, do you have any goals for that? :) DLC is quite expensive these days, so if I were you I'd wait often for them to go on sale.. I learned the hard way ><. In my early days I used to buy them straight away.. could've saved a lot of money :P 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/30/2017 at 9:06 PM, Floriiss said:

It's been a while since I've visited your thread man. Still obtaining them badass plats I see :D 

I've seen your recent post about leaving that competition. You're focussing on your completion rate? Is that true :o? If so, do you have any goals for that? :) DLC is quite expensive these days, so if I were you I'd wait often for them to go on sale.. I learned the hard way ><. In my early days I used to buy them straight away.. could've saved a lot of money :P 

Sorry for the the late reply too my friend, yeah I'm aiming towards completion but not necessarily all dlc stuff.

I'm aiming towards plats before moving on, so i have to make sure I'll finish then xD

How have you being? so long since we last spoke and since our gathering of zlayjac bois came to a end, it's hard to keep up with everyone.

Hope you're awesome, as for trophy hunting, I'm aware you still destroying the competition, so it's all good 

Edited by Mah2c

PLATINUM 141 - CRASH BANDICOOT

1L25a470.png

Date of achievement : July,9, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: Practice Makes Perfect !

Crash Bandicoot is the first remaster/remake game from the original classic series. This time around, the developers took everything that made the original Naughty Dog games the classics they are today into something I never expected it would happen, a game that manages to deliver the same thrills while looking sexier than ever.

1707101936140117.jpg

As a on the run Bandicoot, the same that managed to be ejected from the evil experiments of Dr Cortex, we are introduced to a vast number of levels and challenges. Our goal as most of platformer games are simple, progress through the stages, defeat the bosses along the way so you can have your revenge and rescue your banging lass. 

As the original game as it's source, expect the game to deliver the same adrenaline as before, some stages will make you go n'sane and demand precise jumps and luck, so be a authentic bandicoot and learn from your mistakes. 

The Platinum run is a satisfying one that manages to blend all the mechanics of the game with some challenges, even trough the core game can be challenging at times, the developers decided not to demand your full potential, for the plat only the gold relics are needed, lowering a possible 8 rating game to a 6. 

I mean wouldn't be great if all of us had to put these stunts to survive? :P

Regardless of how show off you decide to be on your journey, Crash Bandicoot N 'sane Trilogy delivers one of the best compilations in recent memory. Packed with not only one but three amazing games for a steal price of 40 and a great selection of trophies, this N'sane package is one you just can't miss. Not to mention showing Activision that the world is more than just FPS's.

1707102006340119.png

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I love how every section has a different Keyblade! :holy:

I love how we have a lot of games in common to! Keep up the badassery!:highfive:

:D thanks for stopping by,

I actually need to revamp some of the older ones but after psnp changed for the new and current layout, most of my old posts had the image taken off, so I need to update then again. 

Glad you liked trough, at least has that kingdom hearts vibe to it and well it's all that matters 

Let me leave it here, just to glow up :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 142 - CRASH BANDICOOT 2

1Le6b57f.png

Date of achievement : July,26, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: Wumpa-Burner Engaged 

Crash Bandicoot 2 is the sequel and second installment in the Crash Bandicoot series. This time, Dr Neo Cortex comes with a brilliant idea, what if someone could help him achieve World Domination. Well, it doesn't take long for him to find the perfect plan and guinea pig, using his persuasive tactics into our favorite Marsupial, Dr Neo Cortex manages to persuade our hero, the question is, will he succeed? Dive and warp into this masterful sequel to find out.

1445pbo.jpg

Just like it's predecessor, Crash 2 is a platformer game that perfectly blends 2D and 3D gameplay. You will venture into 5 different floors, each with 5 stages and a boss fight. The goal however is simple, collect those damn crystals and deliver then to good hearted Dr Neo Cortex, just a tip, don't make him repeat himself, the goal is simple, go and do it.

Crash 2 adds some tweaks that makes the hunt for those elusive relics a bit easier, this time our Marsupial can slide and surf, allowing him to easily avoid or jump over most obstacles, a task that wasn't so easy in the original game.

In the end, Crash 2 is indeed a more polished version of the original game, one that adds new tweaks for those that cried a lot back then, is it better you ask? Well, may be for some, for me, it's a simple and perfect continuation of a outstanding original game, one that shines on it's own and comes bundled with not only that but the whole trilogy in a amazing pack called, N'Sane Trilogy. 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

PLATINUM 143 - Resident Evil 5 (PS4)

1Lcfc674.png

Date of achievement: August 14, 2017

Enjoyment : 8,5 Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : War Hero

Resident Evil 5 for the PS4 is a remastered version of the same game released 8 years ago for the PS3. This version however for being a remastered version, delivers better frame rate and graphics and has all the previous dlcs. 

Resident Evil 5 was branded as the black sheep of the series, the actual first one that totally shifted what resident evil was supposed to be by turning the survival horror series into a action game. Needless to say, the game received tons of mixed feedback at launch specially from the fans of the series, including me.

Fast forwarding to 2017 the game still delivers the same explosion experience that made the game as popular and hated as it was in 2009, the catch however is that the game isn't and wasn't bad to begin with, sure the game is different but it also delivers a great coop fun experience. The game also had the incredible dlc lost in nightmare, a add on so well made that made me wonder what RE5 could have being if that was base game experience. 

1708141902520100.jpg

Although that idea of being the base game would be neat, that would also mean that Sheva, our African Queen wouldn't exist, so I'll accept how the game turned out in the end and give them a extra point for the awesome lost in nightmare dlc. 

In the end and 8 years since the release, Resident Evil 5 still manages to deliver great coop fun and great dlc content, making this PS 4 version the best deal you can find. 

1708142110590094.jpg

I widely approve. 

• Like 1

On 10-7-2017 at 3:52 PM, Mah2c said:

Sorry for the the late reply too my friend, yeah I'm aiming towards completion but not necessarily all dlc stuff.

I'm aiming towards plats before moving on, so i have to make sure I'll finish then xD

How have you being? so long since we last spoke and since our gathering of zlayjac bois came to a end, it's hard to keep up with everyone.

Hope you're awesome, as for trophy hunting, I'm aware you still destroying the competition, so it's all good 

Hey bro soz for the late reply. Just got home from my three week trip to Dubai and China so had no time to reply. I'm doing great my man. Made some new goals regarding trophy hunting. Primarily focussing on completion rate as of now. It's been a while indeed. Definitely harder to keep up nowadays, but we'll manage ;). Hope you're doing just as great.

By the way I bought Crash Bandicoot during my Holiday. Think I'll be playing that one soon enough. Game looks super fun. Remember you were having a lot of fun with it too. ^_^

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Floriiss said:

Hey bro soz for the late reply. Just got home from my three week trip to Dubai and China so had no time to reply. I'm doing great my man. Made some new goals regarding trophy hunting. Primarily focussing on completion rate as of now. It's been a while indeed. Definitely harder to keep up nowadays, but we'll manage ;). Hope you're doing just as great.

By the way I bought Crash Bandicoot during my Holiday. Think I'll be playing that one soon enough. Game looks super fun. Remember you were having a lot of fun with it too. ^_^

Hello my friend, wow now that was some great places you visit, how's Dubai? Did you see many cheetahs and tigers on the passenger seats? xD

I always wanted to visit, must be a great place to go as a tourist, I imagine how technological heavy it must be, xD

As for crash, yes it's amazing, you even catch a glimpse of the China's great Wall in a stage xD

Welcome back my friend. 

Those 2 :D

21 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Hello my friend, wow now that was some great places you visit, how's Dubai? Did you see many cheetahs and tigers on the passenger seats? xD

I always wanted to visit, must be a great place to go as a tourist, I imagine how technological heavy it must be, xD

As for crash, yes it's amazing, you even catch a glimpse of the China's great Wall in a stage xD

Welcome back my friend. 

Those 2 :D

Dubai was amazing! Went into the biggest tower of the world and also went Skydiving for the first time! The view was amazing! :D Haven't seen any cheetahs or tigers haha. A lot of shopping malls though and gotta say these arabs are crazy lol. They had aquariums, ice skate rinks and one shopping mall even had a Ski hall. It's crazy that they have all of those stuff whilst Dubai is in the middle of the desert.

Pretty sweet of the Chinese wall reference in Bandicoot. Gotta say that one looks a lot easier to climb in real life haha! The Chinese wall is pretty steep. Takes a lot of energy to walk across it :P 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

That Crash Bandicoot game looks so awesome. I was never a huge fan of the series back in the 90s, but for some reason I've been getting the itch to try that out.

How difficult would you say it is for somebody who doesn't have fast reflexes?

Hey mate, thanks for stopping by, as for crash, don't worry, go for it. The first one has some tricky stages that will require some preparation but it's nothing impossible. The gold relics are not that hard to achieve either. 

In the end, the collection delivers three great experiences with tons of content and things to do, a easy recommendation.

3 hours ago, Floriiss said:

Dubai was amazing! Went into the biggest tower of the world and also went Skydiving for the first time! The view was amazing! :D Haven't seen any cheetahs or tigers haha. A lot of shopping malls though and gotta say these arabs are crazy lol. They had aquariums, ice skate rinks and one shopping mall even had a Ski hall. It's crazy that they have all of those stuff whilst Dubai is in the middle of the desert.

Pretty sweet of the Chinese wall reference in Bandicoot. Gotta say that one looks a lot easier to climb in real life haha! The Chinese wall is pretty steep. Takes a lot of energy to walk across it :P 

Wow, that sounds amazing. I'm also aware of those crazy places xD just the thought of having snow and tons of impossible things while being in the middle of the desert blows my mind :D. 

As for the jump, wow, that sounds extreme and super fun, if you have a picture and want to share my pm is open for it, the view must be insane. 

China must be huge, I just imagine the amount of people you may have encountered, the country itself is gigantic and by having the biggest number of humans by square inch in the planet must be crazy :D glad you had fun trough, it did sound amazing. 

• Like 1

PLATINUM 144 - Crash Bandicoot 3 : Warped

1L2dc066.png

Date of achievement : August,23, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 5,0

Hardest Trophy: Boo-yah Grandma! Boo-yah!

That bittersweet moment has arrived, with Crash Bandicoot 3 plat my time with this amazing collection comes to a end. Even though the experiences reached it's closure, they will still linger and reminds us how awesome and fresh a well done remaster could ever hope to be. 

1708232059270121.jpg

Crash Bandicoot 3 wraps the amazing origin story of our favorite marsupial with grace. This time however, Dr Cortex will acknowledge his past misteps with the lashings of a recent broken free evil entity knows as Uka Uka. After some friendly advices from his new friend, they both team up in hopes of amending their past mistakes and ending once and for all our favorite marsupial. 

Just like it's predecessors, Crash 3 delivers 5 worlds, each with 5 stages in it and a boss fight. To progress, we must traverse and collect all those crystals before they do, while doing so, we will be introduced to all the new elements in the game, so fasten your seatbelt and enjoy this wonderful game. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 0:15 PM, Mah2c said:

Hey mate, thanks for stopping by, as for crash, don't worry, go for it. The first one has some tricky stages that will require some preparation but it's nothing impossible. The gold relics are not that hard to achieve either. 

In the end, the collection delivers three great experiences with tons of content and things to do, a easy recommendation.

Always glad to meet a fellow gardener! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add this one to my wish list.

Congrats on the next plat!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Always glad to meet a fellow gardener! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll add this one to my wish list.

Congrats on the next plat!

Thanks mate and glad to know. Those games deserve your time and money, for once Activision did the right thing. 

We need to show then that the world is more than just rehash FPS games and multicrap. 

• Like 1

PLATINUM 145 - RAYMAN ORIGINS (VITA)

1L8a5120.png

Date of achievement: August 25, 2017

Enjoyment : 9,0 Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Electoon Legend/Nitro

Rayman Origins was the first attempt to revitalize the Rayman series for a new audience. First released way back on late 2011, the game managed at the time to deliver a fresh and new way to play Rayman. A game so charming and crazy that earned back fans and newcomers alike.

1708260524350135.jpg

Rayman Origins is a 2D side-scrolling plafomer game, that takes place inside the Glade of Dreams. One day, Rayman and his friends while loudly chilling by Bubble dream resting grounds, disturbs a old evil granny that resides in the depths of the world. Tired of all this symphony nonsense, she unleashes a army of Darktoons to counter attack all this noise. While doing so, the Electoons and all the living creatures are captured and transformed into hideous monsters. Now a drowsy Rayman and their mates must restore the glades of dreams back to it's glory and stop the evil granny from destroying the Glades.

Rayman Origins was and still is a fantastic experience, I just hope they decide to make a new game that follows Legend story on Consoles, because this series deserves

1708260622080113.jpg

PLATINUM 146 - UNCHARTED : LOST LEGACY

1L227084.png

Date of achievement : August,31, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 5,0

Hardest Trophy: Progress Demands Sacrifice

Uncharted : Lost Legacy is a standalone expansion game to the Uncharted series, the game also marks the departure of our beloved hero Nathan Drake. 

This time, we play as the badass and my favorite Chloe Frazer, alongside Nadine Ross, they embark on a quest to find the tusk of Ganesh that is somewhere in India. The game plays and feels like a true Uncharted experience, with lots of treasures to find, awesome combat segments and fantastic history lessons.

t012dd.jpg

Lost Legacy brings back all the great mechanics found in Uncharted 4, such as a variety of puzzles with the help of your trusted rope and the freedom of driving on big open spaces. Matter of fact, the game delivers a fantastic open area space filled with hours of exploration, treasure hunting and lore, a fantastic piece of work if you ask me.

2eqckle.jpg

In the end, Lost Legacy really manages to capture everything that makes the series so loved and worth playing, sure the absence of Nathan is felt, but after the incredible closure story he had on 4, I'm glad Naughty Dog decided to give other characters the time to shine. Chloe was always a favorite of mine so having the chance to explore more of her "back" story in a full fledged game really made me happy. If Lost Legacy is a example of what to expect from future new entries in the series, I'm glad they gave this game a chance, because it just proves that the series still has potential to deliver outstanding new adventures even with the absence of our beloved hero, Nathan Drake.

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 147 - AMNESIA COLLECTION

1La37e7a.png

Date of achievement : September ,13, 2017

Enjoyment : 8,5  Difficult: 4,0

Hardest Trophy: Illuminatus/Master Arquivist

Amnesia Collection is a compilation of the original trilogy of the Amnesia series, this PS4 exclusive pack comes with Dark Descent, the expansion Justine and the sequel Machine for Pigs.

This compilation however, shares the same experience found on PC. Dark Descent, the 2010 widely praised horror game, still delivers great experience in 2017. I was very surprised by how well made the game still is today, you play as Daniel, a young man from London that awakes in a dark corridor inside a castle with no prior memories of what happened except for his name. He is also aware that some kind of shadow hunts him and that he must do something to stop it. A letter saying that he must descent to the inner sanctum is the only clue he has, so with this he makes his way towards the dark and unsettling corridors towards his goal.

1709131848330098.jpg

Justine, is a small yet satisfying expansion of the original. We play as a unnamed female character that awakes locked in a cell with signs of Amnesia. Her only clue is a phonograph that tells her that she is a subject of a psychological test. The game plays exactly like the original, with the same spooky nature and enemies, the catch here is that if you die you must start again, so is basically a game of life and death. 

The sequel Machine for Pigs lacked the horror and suspense from the original in my opinion, the game still delivers with a great story and some atmosphere, but it lacks on the nerve wracking experience from the original.

In the end, Amnesia Collection manages to still deliver great experiences with the original and a new story with it's sequel Machine for pigs, even trough the former is 7 years old, be prepared for a great game packed with awesome atmosphere and well placed scares.

29mpsgn.gif

• Like 1

PLATINUM 148 - GRYPHON KNIGHT EPIC

1L736fb8.png

Date of achievement : September, 20, 2017

Enjoyment : 7,5  Difficult: 4,0

Hardest Trophy: Purist

Gryphon Knight Epic is a 2D Shoot’em up that mixes elements from classical shoot’em ups, exploration and duel-like boss battles, it was developed by a indie Brazilian studio named Cyber Rhino Studios.

The game tells the story of Sir Oliver and Áquila, an accomplished knight and his loyal gryphon that are forced back to adventure once again after his kingdom and friends suddenly go rogue, becoming mad and turning their true friends into enemies. Noble as ever, Sir Oliver leaves his kingdom to discover what happened.

16hv2g.jpg

In the end, the game manages to be a good recommendation for those that enjoy this type of gameplay, it's surprisingly fun and plays really good.