Mah2c' Radiant Garden of Platinums

TwilightSpira

PLATINUM 162 - DmC DEVIL MAY CRY

1L3938dd.png

Date of achievement : January, 7, 2018

Enjoyment : 9,0  Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: Devils never cry/And welcome to Hell!

DmC Devil May Cry is a hack and slash game developed by Ninja Theory for the last generation of consoles. The game was also marked as the first reboot/alternate for the series, while the game was very well received critic wise, it also suffered some backlash from some "fans"that bashed the new Dante. In hindsight after weighting all the pros and cons, the game is a fun game that delivers some great new gameplay mechanics and has well crafted level designs.

10ydn2f.png

As a reboot/alternate version for the series, the game tells the story of a younger Dante in pursue of the Demon King, Mundus, After teaming up with Vergil, his lost twin brother, he discovers that the Demon King was the one responsible for the death/banishment of his parents. He also discovers that the target manipulates the human world with the comforts of life, which leads Dante into his revenge/redemption quest to take down Mundus and release the humans from the grasps of the Demon King.

34ik1vo.jpg

In the end, after evening all the odds, the game definitely deserves some praise for the awesome gameplay, sure it has some problems and some WTF moments that may question the most ardent fans, but that doesn't take it away the amount of fun and enjoyable moments from the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

PLATINUM 163 - SOULCALIBUR V

1Lc150a7.png

Date of achievement : January, 13, 2018

Enjoyment : 9,0  Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: Sudden Temptation/First step of a Legend

Soulcalibur V is the latest installment in the series that takes place 17 years after the events of Soulcalibur V and centers around the children of the classic veterans from the series. Patroklos son of Sophitia embarks on a journey to free her sister Pyrrha from the curse that bestowed her when she had contact with the soul edge sword.

2wqwd91.gif

Just like previous installments, the game is a sword based fighting game. The game also features a new version of critical edges attacks, which allows the players to unleash high damage input supers and some new supporting defense mechanics such a just guard, which parries most attacks after a precise block.

The game also features a full story mode which sets Patroklos into a variety of battles across Europe in hopes of vanquishing the effects of soul edge which also took his sister. Soulcalibur V also features a quick battle mode which allows us to unlock new titles across 240 different opponents that varies in difficulty and legendary souls, a tweaked and difficult mode that has high level cpus.

70fhgi.gif

The game offers great creation mode that allows us to create characters with any fighting style in the game, even trough it gives you freedom to create we can't yet choose different fighting styles within the same character, let's hope for a even more in depth mode in Soulcalibur VI.

Lastly I wanna thank @Xugashi for helping me with the online and @zajac9999 for the grind :D

I didn't help you on Soul Calibur though! :P

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Oh also I can't believe you didn't play this one, it's actually a good series, at least I summoned you here :P

Sorry @fabmorais_2011 for the obliviousness of mine :D

Haha, no problem! I had a lot of fun grinding this with you. Still have to grind to lv. 99 and that stupid distance walked trophy lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Haha, no problem! I had a lot of fun grinding this with you. Still have to grind to lv. 99 and that stupid distance walked trophy lol

It's really annoying, I did the grind with a friend of mine, choose a endless stage and just keep moving backward. I actually asked if you wanted that one done when we did the online but we had some stuff to take care first. After all modes were done I had a measly 8k walk.

36 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

No worries lol! I got on like literally 1 minute after you did your post! :P

Hope you're ready for SFV update next Tuesday :P 

PLATINUM 164 - SEVERED

1Le80804.png

Date of achievement : January, 15, 2018

Enjoyment : 8,0  Difficult: 3,0

Hardest Trophy: Surgical Searching/Detective

Severed is a game developed by DrinkBox Games, the same indie studio that brought games such as Tales from Space and Guacamelee!. Severed is a adventure RPG game that uses touch screen for combat and exploration. The game tells the story of Sasha, a one armed warrior wielding a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family. Severed is a very Metroidvania styled game, we must explore, collect power ups and gain new abilities to proceed. The game also has a touch based mechanism that allow us to "sever"limbs of the enemies, which we can use to upgrade our abilities.

aytt0n.jpg

Since the game is one of the few Vita exclusives games (Sony), I was really surprised by the amount of fun I had. The game tells a heartbreaking story while being true to the protagonist struggles. By the end we can definitely witness her acceptance and her grow, leading to a very touching and beautiful message. Very recommended.

• Like 2

PLATINUM 165 - SPEC OPS: THE LINE

1Lfe28f2.png

Date of achievement : January, 19, 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5  Difficult: 7,0

Hardest Trophy: MFWIC

Spec Ops: The Line is a third person shooter game developed by Yager Development and published by 2K in 2012. We take control of Captain Martin Walker, who is sent into a post-catastrophe Dubai with an elite Delta Force team on a recon mission. As the game progresses, we witness Walker's mental health deteriorates, as he begins to experience hallucinations and slowly realizes the horror of war. By the end of the game we will experience the full transformation of the so pride soldier into a broken illusion of what once was.

rrutk5.jpg

Spec Ops: The Line plays exactly like most third person shooters in the market, throughout the game we will encounter numerous enemies, tons of weapons and a few collectibles in form of Intel. As Walker we will also command a squad of two soldiers, by using a command over some enemies we can trigger our squad to focus on a specific target avoiding some heavy firing that may possible come at your way. The game also has 4 difficult settings, with FUBAR being the reason I gave a 7, at times you will few just as hopeless as the fallen Dubai, it's just so chaotic and very problematic at times.

By the end of my experience with the game, I can definitely recommend to any third person shooter fan, or those that enjoy chaotic action games. Spec Ops: The Line has a very good story mode and good visuals that will hook you up from start to finish.

• Like 4

PLATINUM 166 - SLY 3: HONOR AMONG THIEVES

1L14aa79.png

Date of achievement : January, 21, 2018

Enjoyment : 8,0  Difficult: 4,0

Hardest Trophy: 100% Pure Cooper

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves was the third and final outing of the series made by Sucker Punch, the game also wraps the original story of Sly and the band of thieves. Set 1 year after the events of Band of Thieves, the game takes Sly, Bentley and Murray in a attempt to crack the Cooper Vault in Kaine Island. Unfortunately from then and a trip for us, they are intercepted by Dr M, the owner of the Island. While on pursue, Sly is attacked and separated from the band. During pursue Sly's life flashes right before his eyes, where he learns that the vault was hidden in Kaine Island by one of his father's colleagues, McSweeney. The Vault contains all the wealth accumulated from the Cooper clan over the centuries. Needless to say, Sly also confirms that Dr M created a fortress over the vault in hopes of steal all the content of the vault. Guess is time to get the gang back together one more time.

2415u7p.png  

Just like all the games before it, Sly 3 is a platform stealth game, which sets Sly and the gang in numerous jobs across the globe for clues, treasure and knowledge. Sly 3 also had the introduction of new playable characters, such as foxy Carmelita Fox, a old acquittance of Sly, a shaman Guru, which possesses enemies and Penelope, a mouse genius and old characters such as Dimitri and Panda King, making this final assault, a gang filled endeavor. 

Sly 3 also introduces actual challenges in the game, which are divided in races against time, fetch quests and mini games, making this entry the hardest one to platinum. Lastly the game definitely aged gracefully, recommended to any fan of the series or platformer aficionados 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

PLATINUM 167 - MIGHTY NUMBER 9 

1Le81a87.png

Date of achievement : January, 22, 2018

Enjoyment : 7,0  Difficult: 7,0

Hardest Trophy: Brave the Gauntlet 

Mighty Number 9 is action platformer developed by Comcept and Inti Creates, it was mostly made by using the resources it received on Kickstarter and was meant to be the spiritual successor of MegaMan X, which one of the leader designers worked on it. After a successful campaign which made then achieve their goals after jus 2 days, the whole project went into full development, leading all of its bakers into a spiral of wait, delay and expectation. in the end, being real honest, the game wasn't the disappointment I thought it would be based on feedback, for sure it isn't a game that rivals MegaMan X, yet it isn't a awful game by any means, there's lots of fun to be had here despite all flaws.

o946y0.jpg

As a MegaMan game inspired game, expect the same tight platform segments and tons of robots to fight, Mighty Number 9 has all that and the addition of a new dash absorb mechanism, that allows Beck, the protagonist to "consume" weaken enemies. The plot of the game involves precisely around that,Beck, the number 9 must discover what happened when all the others fellow units go haywire threatening the fate of world. Throughout each stage, Beck will fight those robots in hopes of freeing then from the predicaments, turning the tide to their favor.

Basically like this

By the end of my time with the game, I can definitely understand all the criticism, there were lots of backers in hopes of a new awesome MegaMan game, mostly because Capcom by the time it was released, decided to abandon MegaMan, so there were lots of nostalgia involved. Mighty Number 9 has lots of technical problems and a somewhat cheesy storyline, so I really understood the backlash it received, even trough I still managed to find lots of fun to be had while hunting this infuriating platinum. 

• Like 2

PLATINUM 168 - PRINCE OF PERSIA : THE SANDS OF TIME HD

1L0f161b.png

Date of achievement : January, 25, 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5  Difficult: 3,0

Hardest Trophy: Game Master/Sand Collector

Prince of Persia : The Sands of Time is a 2003 reboot of the series released for the PS2 generation. The game follows a unnamed Prince and his father's army on their way to visit the Sultan of Azad in the outskirts of India. The Vizier of o local Maharaja, wanting to revert his imminent death, discovers that is possible to prevent those predicaments using a substance know as "The Sands of Time". While the Prince and his army approaches, the Vizier manages to entice then into attacking the Maharaja Place, which stores the Sands of Time. During the assault, the Prince manages to find a artifact know as the "Dagger of Time"which allows the user to rewind time and change course of history, while the Princess is taken as a gift to the Sultan of Azad. While in Azad, the Vizier tricks the Prince into releasing the Sands of Time, which unleashes a devastating curse upon the land, turning everyone apart from the Prince, Vizier and Princess into sand creatures, those were spared because of the power of the dagger, staff and amulet. Now, with the curse on the land spreading, the Prince and Farah, the princess decides to join forces in hopes of reverting the curse, even trough both are doubting their motives and loyalty to each other.

2m3lobl.jpg

Even trough the game was made with the intent of being a reboot to the series, all the original aspects of the franchise was intact. Sands of Time is a platformer filled with traps, precise jumps and puzzle solving, just like all the games before it. During exploration, the Prince will jump gaps, collect sands which rewards the player with a extra power and hidden fountains which rewards extra health, all of this while fighting hordes of sand creatures and avoiding traps. 

The PS3 version of the game is a HD port of the classic PS2 game, giving the game a crispier and more refined look, despite all the enhancements in the visual department, the game also suffers from some glitches here and there and some freezing problems, specially if you have a background download going at the moment, so for those that enjoy their gaming time stress free, avoid those while playing. In the end, Prince of Persia HD still delivers a excellent experience worth playing, specially for me, since I prefer this kind of gameplay and set over their "spiritual" successor know as Assassin's Creed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 169 - MASS EFFECT 2

1L30671b.png

Date of achievement : February, 5, 2018

Enjoyment :   Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsHDifficulty: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: Insanity

Mass Effect 2 is the second installment of the series and a direct sequel of the original Mass Effect. The game takes place inside our Milky Way system around 22nd century, where humanity is threatened by a alien race know as the collectors. After being ambushed and nearly killed, Shepard is brought to the illusive Man, a mysterious figure that informs him that humanity is slowly being erased by forceful and relentless alien race and to stop then, he must assemble a trustful squad and strike a precise blow into the core off the enemy colony.

whjebd.jpg

Mass Effect 2 had a complete overhaul when compared to the original game, specially regarding the gameplay. Mass Effect 2 is a third person shoulder view RPG game with tons of depth. As a RPG we have the freedom to customize, build and create from the ground up almost everything, from Shepard to how each member must behave and act in the presence of danger. Unlike the original game, the gameplay focus in nonstop action, the weapons won't overheat and will use actual clips which must be replenish upon depletion. During conversations, we are prompted with the usual Paragon/Renegade options, so beware of the consequences and play as you would in real life, everything counts. Despite all the wrongs EA did with the series,Mass Effect 2 is and will always be the ultimate galaxy adventure, one that truly marked the PS3 generation as one of the best games available.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 170 - MASS EFFECT 3

1L6fea5d.png

Date of achievement : February, 15, 2018

Enjoyment : 9,0  Difficult: 5,0

Hardest Trophy: Unwavering

6 months after the events of Mass Effect 2, the Reapers invade and quickly overcomes Earth. Overwhelmed by their attack, Shepard is instructed by Anderson, to assemble a squad and counter attack the Reapers once more,  alongside James and the Virmire survivor (Ashley/Kaidan), Shepard is ordered to Mars by Hackett, in hopes of funding some new clues on how to defeat then, there Shepard discovers that Cerberus is also on the hunt, while searching Shepard stumbles upon Liara, who informs that she discovered a Prothean super weapon which can destroy the Reapers. While backing some of the data, The Illusive Man intervenes and shares his true intention which is control of the Reapers. He quickly dispatch his AI to secure the data, which severely injures Ashley/Kaidan and manages to escape with the data. Back in the Normandy Shepard informs of the failure of the mission and debriefs all the new knowledge with the Council which still refuses to assist humanity. Hackett then orders Shepard to forge alliances by aiding other species on their own battles against the Reapers and earn their loyalty, which informs that a galactic war against Reapers and Cerberus is nigh, the fate of humanity and all other species depends on it and we must all work together in hopes of winning.

fve4c6.jpg

Just like it's predecessor, Mass Effect 3 is a action RPG with high emphasis on Renegade/Paragon option, here everything that happened across the series intertwines leading to a climax of events that may be or not unique to every player, the fate of the galaxy never looked so good and we are the beacon of hope that may or not save the galaxy. Mass Effect 3 also introduced a refined cover system which allowed the gameplay to feel more fluid, apart from the new gameplay tweaks, the game also introduced a new ccop mode, that allows you to earn some new readiness that will help you fight back when all hell breaks lose. 

All things considered, Mass Effect 3 was truly a majestic achievement despite some release date problems regarding the ending. A game with this amount of lore and background was bound to deliver some mixed reception, and by being EA we should know by now that it could have being possible from the very start, regardless of that and by hearing fans/haters alike they quickly dispatched a probe of new information into the game which frankly was very sincere and complete. Commander Sheppard mark will always be remembered and Mass Effect 3 deserves the spot on the matter.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

PLATINUM 171 - MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD

1L36826a.png

Date of Achievement : March 12 , 2018
Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Giant/Miniature Crown Master

Monster Hunter: World is the new installment from this popular series and the first to arrive on home consoles, resulting in the first complete overhaul in graphics and scope. In the game we take controls of a hunter that we can create from scratch, as part of the Fifth Fleet, we are summoned by the Research Commission to provide more support to the New World, on their way we are attacked by a massive walking mountain, leading to the complete destruction of their ship and leaving part of crew stranded. Still recovering from the recent events and by locating the recently introduced Handler, they both decide to make their way back to the headquarters by foot. On their way they we are attacked by a pack of local Jagras, which is followed by the first appearance of larger monsters, unprepared both haste to the gates of Astera, the research Commission Base. There they are briefed and tasked to study Elder Dragons, powerful beasts that can affect entire ecosystems, and why they migrate to the New World every ten years in an event known as the Elder Crossing. The first task they are entrusted is to discover why Zorah Magdaros is on the move, leading to the start of our lengthy quest inside the New World.

2csb7kn.jpg

As a third person open world RPG, Monster Hunter World introduces some new mechanics to the series while delivering the same feel from the previous entries. Be prepared to witness a countless amount of crafting and loot, the freedom here is staggering. I really found myself blowed away countless times throughout my journey, each weapon and armor provides new ways to tackle each quest, making it unique every time you swipe between the base 14 unique weapon types in the game. One thing however that didn't change for the good was our trustful Palico, the feline companion that will always be ready to help us while exploring is here and sharp as ever.

After almost 400 hours and with the platinum as the ultimate reward, it's incredible how fresh and fun the game is every time I boot, this a easy example of a game that will linger for a very long time regardless of trophies, Capcom should be really proud of their achievement, the transition to home consoles was sublime and the result is nothing short of spectacular. 

24xg942.jpg

Bravo Capcom

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats bud, Monster Hunter World seems like a fun game. How was the crown grind?

Hey bud, thanks xD

Awesome game , it's really so fun and I'm sure you're never getting bored. As for the crowns, that's a lol literally. Be prepared for some annoyance and truthfully there's nothing we can do expect lean towards luck and good investigations. 

I know my post may have contradict itself by having never bored and annoyance at the same sentence but if you go without thinking about the crowns, the game is masterful, if you do from the get go specially for crown hunting, be prepared, some dropped for me even trough I had some prior knowledge on their sizes after 124 kills. 

Edited by Mah2c

PLATINUM 172 - UNRAVEL

1L6f2952.png

Date of Achievement : March 13 , 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5         Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : Not so fragile after all

Unravel is a puzzle platforming game created by a Swedish indie developer Coldwood Interactive and published by (not kidding) EA. The game centers around Yarny, a imaginative creature made of yarn, whom we control through the environments. Yarny goal is to recover and revisit old memories from the Old Lady's life, leading us into a warm and heartfelt experience that will really touch your heart all the way through.

2sab0ra.jpg

Unravel's soundtrack is one of the strongest aspects in the game for me, the music really elevates the experience and by the time it ends you can definitely feel a connection with everything you just experienced, really beautiful. The platinum is also very straightforward, the only trophy that may prove to be somewhat challenging is finish all the 13 stages without dying, still it's nothing compared to let's say LittleBigPlanet, so if you're familiar with that game, you will breeze on this one.

In the end, Unravel is a charming and truly beautiful adventure, don't let the EA logo fool you trough, they actually published a game that delivers a true and complete experience from start to finish.

• Like 1

PLATINUM 173 - ADVENTURES OF MANA

1Lcd4e46.png

Date of Achievement : March 20 , 2018

Enjoyment : 8,0         Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : Item Collector

Adventures of Mana is remake of the classic 1991 Gameboy tittle Final Fantasy Adventure which is also know as the first Mana game. In the game we take control of a young hero who tries alongside a celestial heroine to stop the Dark Lord plans to destroy the Tree of Mana. Just like the parental game that sources it, Adventures of Mana provides the same content that made the classic game work, here however all the sprites and controls were adjusted for a 3D top-down perspective with heavily focus on sword combat. 

6o0qag.jpg

In the end and after weighting everything they added and reworked, Adventures of Mana definitely manages to capture the essence of the 1991 classic well, with charming graphics and good soundtrack, the game delivers great fun while it lasts. 

Definitely recommended for fans of series and action RPG lovers that eager for some Vita fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 174 - NI NO KUNI II : REVENANT KINGDOM

1Lb42902.png

Date of Achievement : April 2 , 2018
Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Dream Big

Ni No Kuni II : Revenant Kingdom follows the story of Evan Pettiwhisker Tildrum, a young king who sets out to build a new kingdom after being usurped from his Kingdom after a coup between Grimalkins and Mousekin unfolds. The opening sequence also shows a viaion of a Presidential figure suffering a bomb attack and being magically transported to a place far way. Shortly thereafter we are introduced to both Evan, the Grimalkin young king and Roland, the mysterious Presidential figure which appears in front of Evan unaware of his surroundings and looking 30 years younger. Without much of a choice and by being struck with a unlucky timing, both Evan and Roland temporarily join forces in hope of leaving the castle alive.

2aig7xl.jpg

Just like it's predecessor, Ni No Kuni is a third perspective RPG game with beautiful Ghibli studios kind of graphics and fantastic soundtrack. Ni No Kuni 2 also manages to find some new identity by changing the core gameplay, which now is more action related and the sidekicks, ditching the pokemon like familiars to a new and revamped Higgledies, small etherial creatures whose main attributes is to help the party survivor the new onslaught. The result is nothing short of spectacular trough, Level 5 really managed to create a whole new standard for then. Bravo Level 5.

Here hoping the new story expansions will be just as good and oh please new trophies.

• Like 1

PLATINUM/MILESTONE 175 - KINGDOM HEARTS BIRTH BY SLEEP

1L6da1d7.png

Date of Achievement : April 3 , 2018
Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : The Adventurer : Terra

Kingdom Hearts Hearts Birth By Sleep is a 2010 prequel of the series released originally for the PSP. The game is set 10 years prior the events of Kingdom Hearts, in a time where three inseparable friends are training to become the next Keyblade Masters. Soon after the introduction of Terra, Aqua and Ventus in the Land of Departure, we learn that both Aqua and Terra will shortly commence the Mark of Mastery of exam, accompanied by their Master Eraqus and grand Master Xehanort, in is first real appearance. As the exam begins, Master Xehanort seeing the darkness in Terra heart manipulates the test so only Aqua passes, lessening Terra's control of the darkness in his heart. By witnessing the darkness in Terra's heart, Eraqus entitles Aqua as the new Keyblade Master. As Master Xehanort departs a mysterious horde of creatures know as the Unversed begin to appear throughout the worlds. Learning about these developments from Master Yen Sid, Eraqus sends Terra and Aqua to destroy the Unversed and find what stirred this unprecedented turn of events. Terra and Aqua are tasked to travel across countless worlds while Ventus is ordered to remain in Land of Departure. Witnessing all his plot unfold as he intended to, Xehanort sends his apprentice Vanitas to manipulate Ventus, so he can follow Terra and leave Land of Departure, as each of the warriors leave, Eraqus makes one final request to Aqua, to watch Terra actions and return Ventus to the Land of Departure.

2ppftxj.gif

Just like it's predecessors, expect Birth By Sleep to embark you on a beautiful journey across countless Disney worlds and Final Fantasy heroes. As the game progresses new mechanics are introduced such as the new revamped gameplay system called Command System. This system allows players to customize a Command Deck with techniques and abilities that they can perform at will, leading to powerful surge command after the gauge is full. The game also features new classic annoyingly mini games, a new Command board, which is essentially a Monopoly mini game. The game also shares three main scenarios, each one of then taking place through each of the main protagonist eyes, after all of then are completed, all their paths converge leading to a heart throbbing clash.

i6mjck.gif

Filled with charming characters and new features, Kingdom hearts Birth By Sleep rightfully earned the title as one of the best games from the series, a enchanted adventure from start to finish. As all hearts converge in 2018 with the release of Kingdom Hearts 3, BBS is a perfect place to get acquainted with series and witness the beginning of one of the best series in Square Enix history  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 176 - RATCHET & CLANK

1L78e2ce.png

Date of Achievement : April 11 , 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5 Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : Faster than a Speeding Amoeboid

Ratchet & Clank is a 2016 re-imagining os the original game that was also based on the movie of the same name, yeah I know a game based on a movie based on a game. Even trough the presentation sounds mouthful, The game plays and feels just like those before it while upgrading to new heights the presentation. Ratchet & Clank never looked so beautiful and at the times it feels like we're controlling the CGI characters from the movie, really impressive. 

2mpxto4.jpgDon't let the awesomeness of the Plat pic fool you, the game isn't a blurry mess

Apart from the visuals upgrades, expect the same thrilling and intergalactic experience, Ratchet will be your main protagonist here, while his robotic sidekick is controlled in some portions of story, together they deliver a different platformer experience every time they switch up. Being a galactic ranger isn't easy and Ratchet will learn from the best, Captain Bulging Pectoral will be there to ensure this happens smoothly trough, so be prepared to follow his motto wholeheartedly, loyalty to the cause.

Racthet & Clank is a fantastic re-imagine and reboot for the series, one that really at some degree rekindled the platformer resurge on the PS4. Crash and Yooka Laylee came after it and really delivered on nostalgia, looking ahead we'll have our favorite purple dragon Spyro, here hoping Insomniac delivers s sequel after Spider man.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 178 - GOD OF WAR

1L13ff8b.png

Date of Achievement : April 26 , 2018
Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Chooser of the Slain

God of War 2018 is a chronologically sequel to God of War which marked the conclusion of the Greek mythology trilogy. Here we see a older Kratos with his younger son Atreus in a quest to fulfill the last wish and promise to his late wife, spread her ashes upon the highest peak of the nine realms. Still troubled by his past and the consequences it may come to his son upon learning the truth of his origins, Kratos does everything he can to keep the truth hidden while managing to provide a touching and heartfelt parenthood all the way through, as Kratos himself once said, the truth comes with consequences, so he'll try everything he can to keep his son safe, specially after a stranger comes unannounced presuming his true identity and stirring havoc. God of War 2018 is also a new direction for the series, here we will see Kratos and his son Atreus amidst Norse mythology, making this not only the first game with a different approach in gameplay but also on the story itself.

2j4pjwy.jpg

Lastly I really want to applaud Santa Monica for everything they did here, for being such a beloved franchise, they deserve all the praise for how well they managed to create this one from the ground up and push the series even further, Santa Monica definitely cemented their spot on the high pedestal of gaming excellence 

• Like 2

PLATINUM 179 - AXIOM VERGE

1Ld9ebc2.png

Date of Achievement : May 4 , 2018

Enjoyment : 9,0 Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : Mostly Invisible

Axiom Verge is a side-scroller Metroidvania style game developed by Thomas Happ Games. We take control of Trace, a scientist who, after suffering a crippling injury, wakes up in an ancient and high-tech world. The game just like his inspiration game relies heavily on exploration, here we will travel across multiple stages looking for power-ups and items which will gradually help Trace understand the meaning of all his predicaments. 

143j9fd.jpg

Apart from all the similarities on gameplay, Axiom Verge delivers a very deep story, after waking up in a strange alien world know as Sundra, Elesenova, one of the remaining Rusalki which are giant warriors machines asks Trace to help her pin down Athethos, a mad scientist that destroyed Sundran society long ago. Still unaware of his surroundings and without much a choice apart from helping Elsenora, Trace embarks on a quest which will ultimately change the course of fate itself. 

With all that being said, I really recommend this game for all players, it's super fun and I'm pretty sure there's something to like it here even if you don't fully enjoy Metroidvania games. 

• Like 1