Mah2c' Radiant Garden of Platinums

TwilightSpira

PLATINUM 180 - TALES OF ZESTIRIA

1L780863.png

Date of Achievement : May 19 , 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5 Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Bested the Worst

Tales of Zestiria is the fifteenth entry in the series, it was developed by Bandai Namco and Tri-Crescendo and published by the former for the PS3 and PS4 in 2015. Zestiria takes place in the fictional world know as Glenwood. The land is divided into two warring countries, the Hyland Kingdom, which is ruled by the constitutional monarchy and the Roland Empire. Throughout the land a eerie force know as "Malevolence" is spreading without end, this impurity is generated by the negative emotions of humans which periodically transforms humans alike and objects into monsters know as "Helions". Alongside Humans, another entity know as Seraphim exists in the world, those are supernatural humanoids and animals that are invisible for most humans unless you possess a high resonance which will make then visible. The game begins with a young human named Sorey and his companion Seraphim Mikleo who are exploring a nearby cave for discoveries, while exploring they stumble upon another unconscious human named Alisha, who is also exploring the ruins in hopes of finding some clues that will help her Kingdom. Eager for answers and craving for adventure, Sorey decides to help her and with this the journey of Zestiria begins.

2mn2nx5.jpg

As with the previous titles in the series, Zestiria also uses the action based Linear Motion Battle System. Zestiria also introduced a new mechanic called Real Map Battles, which allows every battle to be fought in the same place you encountered the enemies, there's also 2 new gauges that are for attacks and magics, unlike the previous titles that used MP or some variant of it. Here the SC will allow you generate attacks, while depleted you won't be able to fight back, giving the game a different approach from the all out button mashing. Another new mechanic is Armatization which allows the human companion to fuse with a Seraph parter giving the user the combat abilities of both into one. 

With all being said, Zestiria is another solid entry into this beloved JRPG series, it isn't the best but it has enough charm to be a great game. 

• Like 3

PLATINUM 181 - TALES OF XILLIA

1L3749c2.png

Date of Achievement : May 25 , 2018

Enjoyment :Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsHDifficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Sub-event Superhero

Tales of Xillia is the thirteenth entry in the series released in 2014 for Western players, the game takes place in a fictional world called Rizie Maxie where humans and ethereal spirits live in harmony. Xillia follows the story from the perspective of Jude Mathis and Milla Maxwell, two different entities that are brought together by destiny and are forced to uncover all the mysteries that surrounds humans and spirits. The story begins with Jude Mathis, a medical school student who is asked to investigate a military research facility in order to search for his missing professor. There he witnesses a spyrix-powered weapon called the Lance of Kresnik, while searching the vicinity  he discovers that the weapon absorbed his professor, as he's about to leave the Lance activates and targets him as the next victim, powerless to do anything he is saved by Milla Maxwel, Maxwell's successor and the lord of spirits.After the battle the Lance absorbs Milla spirits forcing her and Jude to retreat. While reminiscing they both decide to confront Rashugal King, the endorser of the Lance's creation. 

be8qk3.jpg

Tales of Xillia uses a dual raid version of the classic linear motion battle from the series, here each characters can link to another team member to deliver combos, artes and passive/active skills. Xillia also has a leveling system know as Lilium orb, a hexagonal web that allows the player to allocate skill and upgrades using GP, which is earned after every level up.

If you're looking for a game with excellent gameplay and charming characters, Xillia won't disappoint, it is indeed one of the best in the series and every JRPG fan should give this one a chance.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

PLATINUM 182 - HELLBLADE : SENUA'S SACRIFICE

1L8c5454.png

Date of Achievement : June 07 , 2018

Enjoyment :9,0 Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : Stories From the North

Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice is a action adventure game developed and published by Ninja Theory, the game is inspired by the Norse Mythology and Celtic culture. It fallows the story of Senua, a Pict warrior who must make her way to Helheim, face Hela and free the soul of her lover Dilion. Hellblade acts as a metaphor for the character's struggle with psychosis, who suffers from the condition but believes it to be a curse. She is haunted by an entity known as the "Darkness", and voices knows as "Furies".

2ur4h21.jpg

Hellblade is a puzzle solving, hack slash game with heavy emphasis in psychological horror, as the game displays all the struggles and difficulties of the decease. Voice acting and motion capture is a integral part of this journey. The developers really nailed the tension and claustrophobic tension here, I really applaud then for their work.

Hellblade is a fantastic game, one that really captures the struggle of those suffering with the decease, by working close to neurologists and real people with the decease, Ninja Theory delivered one of the best original titles from 2017, let's just hope they won't lose their touch after the acquisition from Microsoft, Cheers Ninja Theory.

PLATINUM 183 - DEAD SPACE 3 

1L8bcadd.png

Date of Achievement : June 11 , 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5  Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : Aren't You Thankful?

Dead Space 3 is a 2013 survival horror game developed by Visceral Games and marks the closure of Isaac's Clarke trilogy. Here we see Isaac joining Earthgov last battalion in hopes of finding Ellie missing crew that venture the stars in order to eliminate the Markers signals for good. Needless to say, everything starts to fall down and what it initially seemed like a rescue mission turns into a saving the world from a imminent destruction, as the Markers signals are reaching all the corners of the universe and converging without end. As Isaac lands in one of the ships and learn about the possibility of destroying the signals for good, they embark to Tau Volantis, the apparent home world of the Markers in order to shut down this nightmare for good.

n6uja.jpg

Dead Space 3 plays almost identical to all the previous installments, the difference here and for the worst in my opinion, was the inclusion of a more action feel compared to the horror from the first two games, and a coop mode, which allows Isaac and one of the Earthgov Carver to join the fight against the Necromorphs. On top of that, EA the know company for destroying everything, added microtransactions in the game, a small yet utterly unnecessary approach that really tainted the series. Putting all the wrongs aside, Dead Space 3 was and will always be a good game, it is fun and even trough it fails to deliver the same claustrophobic experience from their predecessors, the series still is the best of EA in my opinion. 

23r1zs0.gif

• 4 weeks later...

PLATINUM 184 - ODIN SPHERE LEITHRASIR 

1L7c50e9.png

Date of Achievement : July 4 , 2018

Enjoyment :Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsHDifficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Road of Erion

Odin Sphere Leithrasir is a remake of the 2007 PS2 game original. The game follows the story of 5 distinct characters, each of those stories branches into one another allowing us players to witness every single predicaments through their eyes. Gwendolyn, a Valkyrie, daughter of Odin, Cornelius, a prince cursed into a Pooka, Oswald a shadow knight cursed to serve for eternity, Mercedes, a fairy that becomes queen prematurely and Velvet a survivor of the late Valentine Capital.

10qw2zb.jpg

As a remake, expect the same glorious story from Leiftrasir, this time however with tons of new stuff. New features include new stages and enemies, new defense mechanism, reworked AI, new bosses and POW gauge that allows new combos to be made and a reworked Psypher system. All that with a new HD graphics and sound.

By the end of my journey, it was impossible not to witness the brilliance of Vanillaware, this is definitely a game that I recommend to all Vita, PS4 and PS3 owners. Truly a Gem. 

PLATINUM 185 - RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS (PS4)

1L7c0a6d.png

Date of Achievement : July 5 , 2018

Enjoyment :9,0 Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Vestibule of Hell/Full Speed A-Dead

Resident Evil Revelations is a survivor horror game originally released in 2012 for the 3DS. The game is set between the events of Resident Evil 4 and 5 and follows Jill and Parker as they embark on a hellish ride to stop a bioterrorist organization know as Veltro from infecting the Earth waters with a new virus know as T-Abyss virus.  Unlike previous installments from the series at the time, namely 5 and 6, Revelations took the series back to it's roots, delivering a tenser experience with limited resources. The result was to me at least one if not the best one in series since 4.

2njkayr.jpg

Revelations on the PS4 is a enhanced version of the original and based on the 2014 PS3 version, which delivered enhanced graphics, new enemy and new tweaks for the coop mode Raid mode. On the PS4, Capcom added a new stage for the latter mode know as Ghost Ship Chaos, with even more tougher enemies and a new powerful boss.

Revelations was a 3 times is a charm for me, I originally played on the 3DS, platinumed on PS3 and four years after that shiny reward I decided to embark on this cruise ship once more. The result was just as good as the first time, a game that I truly recommend to any fan of survivor horror and all Resident Evil fans. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's been a while since I visited this radiant garden and it has grown a lot and a visit was long overdue, congrats with all the new additions bud :yay:

Thanks bud, yeah, it indeed has. Although there was a period of drought, I always came here to watered down a bit :P

200 is coming and I'm pretty sure you know which one will be 

On 7/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, Mah2c said:

Thanks bud, yeah, it indeed has. Although there was a period of drought, I always came here to watered down a bit :P

200 is coming and I'm pretty sure you know which one will be 

The garden looks as radiant as ever bud, very relaxing to sit here and enjoy the scenery :lol: .

Nice, you told me before, but I forgot. If I had to guess, it would be KH3 :hmm: . I'm also getting close to #200 and have a special plat in mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The garden looks as radiant as ever bud, very relaxing to sit here and enjoy the scenery :lol: .

Nice, you told me before, but I forgot. If I had to guess, it would be KH3 :hmm: . I'm also getting close to #200 and have a special plat in mind.

Yep, spot on, xD

That one deserves all the milestones and guide :P

I'm so excited for it, to think another highly anticipated game comes 2 days prior, which is Resident Evil 2, what a wonderful way to start 2019. 

PLATINUM 186 - ABSOLVER

1L379988.png

Date of Achievement : July 9 , 2018

Enjoyment :7,5 Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Getting Serious/The Grandmaster

Absolver is a action RPG with heavy emphasis in martial arts, here we control a warrior character selected to become the next Absolver peacekeeper. The games takes place in the fictional land know as Adal a fallen kingdom which potential warriors are sent in hopes of becoming the next peacekeeper. Here we will fight, master, loot numerous challenges in hopes of becoming the next Absolver.

9a6yo5.jpg

Needless to say, as a martial art RPG expect tons of moves and precise timings, Absolver may seem easy at first but it's a game that takes tons of practice until mastering, each move is unique and they are all freely customizable. Your deck is your weapon so plan carefully and strike back upon computer controller characters or actual players. 

The game offers more than 100 moves to master and 4 distinct styles, all needed for the platinum. Meaning you will have to master timing and precision in order to learn everything the game has to offer.

In the end, Absolver is indeed a surprisingly fun game, there's tons of customizations and the freedom to build and customize basically everything, makes each potential Absolver unique.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats bud :yay:, sounds like a fun game. If it wasn't so heavily focused on mp I would give it a try.

Thanks bud, yeah it was the main reason I didn't scored it higher. I'm not a fan of PVP games and half if not the majority of the unlockables and even trophies are tied to PVP game play, which basically clashes you against another human player for points. 

Apart from that it's a very fun game, the freedom to make your deck and the different styles allows each fight we engage in to be quite unique.

Edited by Mah2c

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 187 - ZERO TIME DILEMMA

1L33ae3c.png

Date of Achievement : July 19 , 2018

Enjoyment :  9,0 Difficult : 2,0

Hardest Trophy : SHIFTer

Zero Time Dilemma is the third and final entry in the Zero Series. it's set between the events of 999 and Virtue Last Reward where it follows the story of 9 characters from both games, they all are forced to participate in a survive "Decision Game", a live or die experimentation game set by Zero.

3313j4p.jpg

The game starts with a 9 participants locked in a cell with no memory of what happened, soon after a masked man named Zero appears and demands a flip coin game, a little luck game that will decide if they will leave the facility or participate in a death game. Regardless of the outcome, the game begins. Zero Time Dilemma just like it's predecessors allows the players to experience infinite possibilities, everything you do counts and with it the fate of all characters involved, so think carefully or witness the gruesome end of those unlucky ones. 

Zero Time Dilemma is a incredible game, one that should be played by all players that enjoy novel/puzzle games, i'll definitely miss the series. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 188 - DARK CLOUD

1Lf16eae.png

Date of Achievement : July 24 , 2018

Enjoyment :  9,0  Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Let's go home

Dark Cloud is action RPG game developed by Level 5 and originally released for the PS2 18 years ago, the game was also the first game developed by studio. Dark Cloud tells the story of a group of adventurers who band together to fight against the evil Dark Genie, a evil entity whom was released after a ominous ceremony is performed. The game centers around Toan, a boy who is given a magical stone called the "Atlamillia" by Simba, the Fairy King, which has the power to rebuild the destroyed lands. Dark Cloud is half dungeon crawling and half city building, allowing the player the freedom to rebuild the lost cities as they see fit. 

oupldf.jpg

Dark Cloud was and still is one heck of game, LEVEL 5 really managed to set some standards here, for being their first game, Dark Cloud not only allowed then to grow as a studio but it also gave then future references that are still being used today. The only sad thing however is that we never got to see a third game in the series, Dark Cloud 2 was a majestic step up and even after 16 years there's still no sign of a sequel, here hoping we'll someday witness the return of this amazing series that paved the foundation of the excellent LEVEL 5 studio. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 189 - DEAD SPACE EXTRACTION

1L0fb957.png

Date of Achievement : August 9 , 2018

Enjoyment :  8,0  Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : Mega Star

Dead Space Extraction was originally released for the Wii in 2009 as a prequel of a Dead Space. As a prequel of the original, Extraction allows the player to witness the beginning of the Marker curse. The game also uses for the first time a different gameplay perspective, Extraction is a first person on rail shooter.

2q3rt5j.jpg

Extraction starts with a small group of miners on a errand to extract the Marker from Aegis VII. Shortly after the extraction begins everyone begins to suffer hallucinations leading then to discover the horror of those that come in contact with the markers. One week later. Mcneill, which is working on the  case of the incident meets Sgt Weller which is serving now on the Ishumura, after a briefly introduction, they discover that the entire colony is infected with something and is attacking everyone on sight. Upon sweeping some floors, Necromorphs starts to pilled up, forcing then to change strategy and fight for survival.

Dead Space Extraction on PS3 offers the same experience from the original with upgraded graphics, a title that I really recommend to all Dead Space fans, specially now that one of the best franchises from last gen is in Limbo.

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 8:23 AM, Mah2c said:

PLATINUM 188 - DARK CLOUD

1Lf16eae.png

Date of Achievement : July 24 , 2018

D: You just now played this awesome game!!??!?!

Just kidding. I am going to platinum this game for my Spelling Bee list. (Was going to do Disgaea 5 as I only had one trophy left, but that trophy is hard to get.) This was the forefather of all that is Ni no Kuni and Level-5. Glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

D: You just now played this awesome game!!??!?!

Just kidding. I am going to platinum this game for my Spelling Bee list. (Was going to do Disgaea 5 as I only had one trophy left, but that trophy is hard to get.) This was the forefather of all that is Ni no Kuni and Level-5. Glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

Hey mate, thanks for stop by, yeah I went directly for Dark Cloud 2 which is to me one of the best games from PS2. Had so much fun with that plat, even trough it took me 100 hours. 

The first one was indeed the foundation for level 5 xD. Amazing how they managed to evolve in all aspects, all of their rpgs are unique and so fun. 

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I started with Dark Cloud 2 myself. That was a great game. But the first one has its merits. Did you use "the broken dagger glitch?" I will probably do that because otherwise the platinum would take twice as long.

Yeah I did, but I mean this one isn't half as long as the sequel regardless of use. 

By the way I'm super excited for next month with Dragon Quest 11 :P based on your username you may also be but we never know. 

18 minutes ago, Spaz said:

A good while back I bought a retail copy of Dead Space 2 and it said I get Extraction for free. Do I just need to download it from the store?

I don't fully remember the process of obtaining this game, I originally got it from dead space 2 at launch.  This time I redownloaded the game as a normal digital file from my download list. The game is also available to buy separately if I recall correctly. 

Edited by Mah2c

40 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

I don't fully remember the process of obtaining this game, I originally got it from dead space 2 at launch.  This time I redownloaded the game as a normal digital file from my download list. The game is also available to buy separately if I recall correctly. 

I may to have to buy the game then. Codes and offers of "free" content usually expire after a few years.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

I may to have to buy the game then. Codes and offers of "free" content usually expire after a few years.

I see, let me know after you found more about it. I can do a quick Google search if you want. This one was another title that I left unfinished about 6 years ago. 

7 hours ago, Mah2c said:

I see, let me know after you found more about it. I can do a quick Google search if you want. This one was another title that I left unfinished about 6 years ago. 

I don’t even have the game downloaded, but I’ve been interested in playing Extraction for the past three years. 

Thought about getting La Mulana Ex. How is the game? I don’t think I ever saw a game that has more ultra rare trophies than La Mulana Ex.

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don’t even have the game downloaded, but I’ve been interested in playing Extraction for the past three years. 

Thought about getting La Mulana Ex. How is the game? I don’t think I ever saw a game that has more ultra rare trophies than La Mulana Ex.

Extraction is a really good game, if you have the opportunity to play it, do it. It's lots of fun. 

As for Mulana, one of the best metroidvania on the vita by far, just know that is extremely challenging, one of the few titles that I actually thought yeah those ultras are indeed well deserved. Without proper knowledge or a guide if you so desire, the 100 % run is very difficult, although totally possible with some perseverance.