KZ3 multiplayer cross-play?

Just had a few questions about the KZ3 standalone multiplayer:

This is probably a stupid question, but can you play with people that have the KZ3 game? I am asking this because I tried joining some games today, and the online was still pretty dead considering a lot more people should be playing this due to the multiplayer component being a recent release?

Also, say I bought the separate multiplayer add-on, would I be rank 1 again or would my stats from KZ3 carry over? This would also be the case with the trophies such as achieve 500 online kills.

I would just like to know to what extent the features are shared between the game and the multiplayer add-on. :)

You don't lose your rank...and some trophie are stackable...the 500 kill and the 1000 just ping after 1 kill...same for the ranked trophy

Cool, was wondering about that. What if I did something that I needed a trophy for in both "Killzone 3 Multiplayer" and plain "Killzone 3". Would it pop in both of them? Or just whatever one I was playing, and then would have to do it again in the other? I'm talking about generic, one-off feats, like killing a guy in a jet pack while I'm in a jet pack.

I think I might pick this up to get back into the game and maybe get an easy platinum. Plus it'd be nice not having to pop in the disc for multiplayer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have all the KZ3 normal game trophies (including all DLC)

If I play Killzone 3 Multiplayer Standalone, will those trophies that are the same as the regular game automatically pop?

Eburk, I as well earned all of the Killzone 3 (original game trophies). I loved the game so much that I was more than happy to do it all over again, get a crapload of easy trophies and a solid platinum (although I do wish they would have made a new plat image) . Anyway, to answer your question, no the trophies have to be earned all over again from scratch. However, as someone mentioned above, the 500 and 1000 kill trophies do pop if you have already achieved that number in the original game , and the rank up ones work the same way. Also, the Grand Slam :gold: trophy seemingly worked the same way. When I won my first game for the first time on KZ3 MP it popped up, and I know for a fact that I had not already won a round in each game mode. :yay: I hope this answers your questions. Also, don't be afraid to do everything all over again. I already have earned the overwhelming majority of the trophies within about 5 hours. It is not hard at all since you and I already have the experience on earning the trophies in the original game. Have fun and Dam* the TIGERS!!!!! lol jk :awesome:

P.S. Congrats on reaching the 4k trophy mark! :highfive:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, was wondering about that. What if I did something that I needed a trophy for in both "Killzone 3 Multiplayer" and plain "Killzone 3". Would it pop in both of them? Or just whatever one I was playing, and then would have to do it again in the other? I'm talking about generic, one-off feats, like killing a guy in a jet pack while I'm in a jet pack.

Trophies only pop for the game you are currently playing. Meaning you'd need to do some things separately again between the MP game and the full game.

• Like 1