kill count trophy question

ProfessorTwiztid

My problem is with killing 5000 grunts with the ray gun. I feel like I already killed that amount.

Definitely agree with this.  I'm still working on this and Tank Zapper, but I feel like I should've unlocked the former by now...

But as mentioned, I think the kill count trophies are bugged.  It felt like I got my behemoth trophy earlier than I should've for instance.  

It should also be mentioned that apparently you need to be connected to the internet for your kills to count.  Which I don't think was fully advertised upfront...

I can confirm that you don't need Internet to get trophies...I'm still working on the Tank Zapper trophy.I did a one sitting for the 5k kill trophy and it pop at LV 261.Now I was noticing and curious of how many tanks you get every 10 rnds...and it looks like you get 10-12 tanks...I already played 700 rnds meaning levels.so that makes it around 750-800 tanks kills atm.

I can confirm that you don't need Internet to get trophies...I'm still working on the Tank Zapper trophy.I did a one sitting for the 5k kill trophy and it pop at LV 261.Now I was noticing and curious of how many tanks you get every 10 rnds...and it looks like you get 10-12 tanks...I already played 700 rnds meaning levels.so that makes it around 750-800 tanks kills atm.

Do you know if you have to do the 5k kill trophy in one sitting or it can be many sittings  (1 sitting = open game,play, close, right) ? and if yes then can I at least press the power button whenever I need to take a break. And those 5000 grunts, do they have to be armor less (with no armor) or do ones with armor count as well

Edited by Scorpions444

Do you know if you have to do the 5k kill trophy in one sitting or it can be many sittings (1 sitting = open game,play, close, right) ? and if yes then can I at least press the power button whenever I need to take a break. And those 5000 grunts, do they have to be armor less (with no armor) or do ones with armor count as well

I got it over several sittings, closed game down powered off vita so you don't have to get 5000 in one go. I think they all count armoured or not due to length of time it took to get the trophy and how many I believe I killed.

Edited by phoogee

I got it over several sittings, closed game down powered off vita so you don't have to get 5000 in one go. I think they all count armoured or not due to length of time it took to get the trophy and how many I believe I killed.

How many does it says in statistics? I currently have 12K and no trophy :(

Also Tank Zapper bugged on me and I got it WAY WAY before I should've got it. I think I killed only about 50 tanks together 

How many does it says in statistics? I currently have 12K and no trophy :(

Also Tank Zapper bugged on me and I got it WAY WAY before I should've got it. I think I killed only about 50 tanks together

I am currently on 48562 total kills got behemoth trophy after killing one, the grunt zapper was about right but I have given up on tank zapper and am gonna wait for the patch

Edited by phoogee

This was an issue I had as well.  Behemoth popped way sooner than it should have, and it felt like Grunt Zapper took longer than it should have (although maybe I'm just impatient).  

I did all of the trophies over multiple sitting, and armor didn't matter.  My advice would be to just keep playing the first 10 levels and then just let yourself die over and over again.  You'll get the most grunts there and it's easy to multitask (ie watch youtube or tv shows) while playing the early levels.  

This was an issue I had as well.  Behemoth popped way sooner than it should have, and it felt like Grunt Zapper took longer than it should have (although maybe I'm just impatient).  

I did all of the trophies over multiple sitting, and armor didn't matter.  My advice would be to just keep playing the first 10 levels and then just let yourself die over and over again.  You'll get the most grunts there and it's easy to multitask (ie watch youtube or tv shows) while playing the early levels.  

I thought that it have bugged on me (maybe it did?) and I just deleted the game. Re-Downloaded it, got enough monet to buy laser gun and wrote how many grunts I've killed all together before buying the laser gun (680) and now I just kill ONLY grunts and let the dodgers kill me.

It may not be the best way but at least I'll be sure to know if it did or didnt bug on me once I reach 5680 kills

Edited by Scorpions444

I thought that it have bugged on me (maybe it did?) and I just deleted the game. Re-Downloaded it, got enough monet to buy laser gun and wrote how many grunts I've killed all together before buying the laser gun (680) and now I just kill ONLY grunts and let the dodgers kill me.

It may not be the best way but at least I'll be sure to know if it did or didnt bug on me once I reach 5680 kills

Can you post here if the trophy popped or not once you reach 5680 kills? 

It's just a shame that the counter doesn't split the enemies up on the display instead of combining all enemies. 1000 tanks is a pain in the ass as I hardly ever see them either, they seem to appear from level 9 and after 2 levels vanish again for a while and appear sporadically.

• Like 2

6000+  kills = no trophy... :(

That's too bad. I already deleted the game twice and reached 14,000+ kills on both tries, no trophy. On my 1st save i had around 48,000+ kills! But nothing... i deleted the game again and will try again later once someone finds a solution or i get bored.

That's too bad. I already deleted the game twice and reached 14,000+ kills on both tries, no trophy. On my 1st save i had around 48,000+ kills! But nothing... i deleted the game again and will try again later once someone finds a solution or i get bored.

will play it few times a day maybe, but I will only get serious again if they do an update for the game

will play it few times a day maybe, but I will only get serious again if they do an update for the game

According to some people over at playstationtrophies a while back, they are aware of the issue and working on a patch.  

There's currently a bug in the in game store that makes in game purchases unnecessary, so I'm sure they're working on a patch to make sure the F2P elements remain intact.

Edited by lazyfan

The kills are for using the laser on grunts, your kill count includes all weapons used and all enemies, so you may not actually be that far from the trophy. The killing Tanks one though is one boring long grind, I have decided to just play the game sporadically from now on until I get the last trophy I need.

6000+  kills = no trophy... :(

The kills are for using the laser on grunts, your kill count includes all weapons used and all enemies, so you may not actually be that far from the trophy. The killing Tanks one though is one boring long grind, I have decided to just play the game sporadically from now on until I get the last trophy I need.

I never counted exactly how many Grunts i've killed with the Ray Gun, but i once went from Level 1 to Level 191 and killed 8,000+ guys in total, maybe 5,000 of those weren't Grunts, but i already had 6,000 kills in total before that run. That makes it 14,000+ kills, all with the Ray Gun.