DAI: Angry Review

Happy

Reviews are pointless 

I wouldn't exactly say so, if they are for music or cinema is a completely different debate, but in the case of video games, i feel reviews are at least partially required to inform the consumer of the functionality of the product. The question of how well a game runs is in no way subjective and the consumer should know if the game is working on a technical level so that he may decide whether to invvest his money into said game or not. Take this game for example, one important point in the review is that controls are much more practical on consoles than on PC. I feel this is something that the consumer has a right to know when making a decision.

Additionally, i'd also add the entertainment value in the review itself. This may be more of a personal thing, but i usually enjoy watching/redaing reviews, esspecially of games that i've played myself.

I wouldn't exactly say so, if they are for music or cinema is a completely different debate, but in the case of video games, i feel reviews are at least partially required to inform the consumer of the functionality of the product. The question of how well a game runs is in no way subjective and the consumer should know if the game is working on a technical level so that he may decide whether to invvest his money into said game or not. Take this game for example, one important point in the review is that controls are much more practical on consoles than on PC. I feel this is something that the consumer has a right to know when making a decision.

Additionally, i'd also add the entertainment value in the review itself. This may be more of a personal thing, but i usually enjoy watching/redaing reviews, esspecially of games that i've played myself.

Well gaming reviews i mean, because everyone has different opinions of x game, thats the only reason i why i think there pointless.

• Like 1

I like his reviews because regardless if he likes or hates a game he gives me enough info to know if it's for me.

This, right here, are what reviews are for if you use them wisely.

It doesn't matter about the score, it's about getting the information you need to make your own decision, and finding the game review that will give you that information.

• Like 1

I put it as a 9.5/10 with the .5 loss coming from small annoyances such as minor bugs. Other than that I have found the game to be excellent in an old school sense where exploration, time/effort, risk vs reward and a decent crafting system (not to mention SH improvement - Mosiac) were abundant. On top of that I enjoyed nearly every character except for Sera. The judgement system is cool, the war table is great, the exploration is deep, nightmare mode is difficult at points & I enjoyed seeing old choices come back into play. 

Definitely a 9-9.5 for me.

Oh and one more thing. When I first saw Solas I said to myself "who is this dracula looking MF'er" but, as it turns out, he is one of the more interesting characters ever to be in the DA games. Great character and cool stories if you befriend him and are interested in lore.