TheFinalEmblem's Platinum Realm

TheFinalEmblem

Wow you have amazing trophy list with RPG !!!

Do go play FF XIV?

Thanks!

Sadly, no. A lot of people I know play it, and when they talk about it and I see it, it makes me want to play it myself. Though, I've never been too savvy on MMOs, and plus, with a monthly subscription and no kind of actual income, I wouldn't really be able to play it anyway. :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #24- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

1Ld013df.png

No new additions to "Future Platinums" list.

Well, while I have many games to do trophy cleanup on, and the Agarest series of games to start, I think I'm going to continue playing this game for the time being as I want to get everything out of it, I want to see EVERYTHING!

No problem, keep up the awesome work! ^^

Will do! Gotta try and get some plats from the six games I've started and don't have yet, but those won't be easy, they're not all UR for a reason, haha. Should get back to Arcana Heart 3, as that'll probably be the easiest of them all, and if I can ever find someone that is 1st class in MvC 3, I can get that easily, too.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I like your Platinum Realm!

RPG addict is probably an understatement. By looking at this list I can conclude that you certainly put quality before quantity, I respect that. How did you find the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA platinums so easy? I remember a friend telling me to try out the demo (I'm not sure if it was F or F 2nd), but either way I found it extremely difficulty even on normal difficulty. I'm guessing it's just learning the predictability? 

From reading over your platinum reviews, the Daganronpa games in particular obviously stick out. I've always thought about purchasing these games, but I lack that final decision factor as to why. Are they better than the anime? I personally found the anime very dragging...

I see you also have some pretty prestigious platinums lined up for inevitable attainment, such as Star Ocean, Persona 4: the Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena and Catherine. When do you think you'll get the platinum for these games? And how have they treated you so far? I have Catherine purchased, but I don't think I'd ever bother to take on Star Ocean nor P4: UMA.

• Like 2

Loving the checklist man, very clean layout and like Aela said you put quality before quantity in your game tastes which I highly respect. :)  You have amazing tastes in RPGs!   :highfive: 

I'm surprised you rated Shadow of the Colossus a 5/10!  I am a long-time Team ICO fanboy but I'll admit I'm scared to return to that game in fear of the Hard Time Trials haha!  Though I'll say that seeing that rating gives me some motivation to return to the game and hopefully nab the platinum during the summer when I do some backlog cleaning. :)

I'm also very happy to hear that you regard Final Fantasy Type-0 HD so highly!  I was expecting it to be pretty good anyway coming from some of my favourite developers but your comments on it make me even more excited to play!  My Type-0 PS4 should be arriving next week so I'm going in with high hopes.

Good luck when you tackle the Agarest trilogy!  Also, don't forget to give me a shout when you want to knock out those blasted Arcana Heart 3 online trophies.  ;)

• Like 1

Hey,

I like your Platinum Realm!

RPG addict is probably an understatement. By looking at this list I can conclude that you certainly put quality before quantity, I respect that. How did you find the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA platinums so easy? I remember a friend telling me to try out the demo (I'm not sure if it was F or F 2nd), but either way I found it extremely difficulty even on normal difficulty. I'm guessing it's just learning the predictability? 

From reading over your platinum reviews, the Daganronpa games in particular obviously stick out. I've always thought about purchasing these games, but I lack that final decision factor as to why. Are they better than the anime? I personally found the anime very dragging...

I see you also have some pretty prestigious platinums lined up for inevitable attainment, such as Star Ocean, Persona 4: the Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena and Catherine. When do you think you'll get the platinum for these games? And how have they treated you so far? I have Catherine purchased, but I don't think I'd ever bother to take on Star Ocean nor P4: UMA.

Hey, I'm glad to hear that you like my Platinum list!

Yeah, quality over quantity is usually how I go when it comes to games. I don't have a huge collection of games on the PS3/4/Vita, or any system for that matter, since I don't really like playing anything other than J/RPGs, bar GTA V, which I did enjoy a little. I've started to get into some fighters, but it's still gotta have a little Japanese influence on it, usually. I only ever get a handful of games per year because of my likings, and those are usually released months from each other. Recently, though, I've bought games that have already come out and I've seen people on here enjoy, like the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Agarest series, and possibly soon, the Atelier series, and play them, so my collection is slowly but surely growing.

It's a little bit of hand eye coordination and some very small predicting/memorization. I just seem to have a knack for rhythm games and love them, though Project Diva F can have very distracting backgrounds during the songs, especially F 2nd, so it also takes some training to not concentrate on the background. When you look at a screen for as long as I have and know what to press on the controller, you get used to it.

Yes, Dangan Ronpa is my favorite game series to come out in a long time, and I don't see it leaving the top spot at the moment or anytime soon. The games are much better than the anime, as the anime only touches on the key points of the story, they don't really let you enjoy backstories too much, or even the investigation and full trials either. The anime was a good representation of the story, but as I said, left out a ton of things. I see you said you find the anime to have been dragging, and if so, I don't know how much you'll enjoy the game. Being a VN, it is heavily story driven, and the chapters can last anywhere from 3-6 hours, depending on your progress speed, and the trials are usually the bulk of that time. But you also get to learn about the characters more through free time events, a hell of a lot more than the anime tells you, that's for sure, so you can understand them more as well. I found the games to be absolutely amazing, and found SDR2 to be better than DR. I'll always say give them a go, but it's your choice.

Yeah, Catherine, P4A and SO4 are probably not going to be obtained for a while, as I only usually get to them now when I have nothing else to play. But, sometime in the future, I will probably spend extended periods of time playing them and trying to complete them. Catherine seems like it'll be the easiest one of them all, just a lot of patience and puzzle solving on the account that Babel is always randomized, and I still have 3 stages to go through. Star Ocean will be absolute grinding hell. I don't remember my play time the last time I went on, but it was either around or over 300 hours, and I probably still have at least another 200-300 ahead. It's not entirely hard, bar some BTs, like Lymle's Ethereal Queen ones, but it will take a lot of patience and time. As for P4A, with, again, patience and a lot of training, I can obtain it. The hardest thing is, I suck at fighting games, and the requirement to beat Score Attack Mode with all characters will probably be the biggest obstacle, as right now, I can't even beat the first guy with any character. That one will definitely be the hardest one. Overall, these games are treating me like hell, but they're so damn awesome, so even without going for the plat, I recommend all of them.

Very nice list of platinums! Hoping to get a decent-sized RPG-platinum collection going myself some day. 

Thanks, glad you like it! I see you've already got some nice RPG platinums, so keep it up!

Loving the checklist man, very clean layout and like Aela said you put quality before quantity in your game tastes which I highly respect. :)  You have amazing tastes in RPGs!   :highfive:

I'm surprised you rated Shadow of the Colossus a 5/10!  I am a long-time Team ICO fanboy but I'll admit I'm scared to return to that game in fear of the Hard Time Trials haha!  Though I'll say that seeing that rating gives me some motivation to return to the game and hopefully nab the platinum during the summer when I do some backlog cleaning. :)

I'm also very happy to hear that you regard Final Fantasy Type-0 HD so highly!  I was expecting it to be pretty good anyway coming from some of my favourite developers but your comments on it make me even more excited to play!  My Type-0 PS4 should be arriving next week so I'm going in with high hopes.

Good luck when you tackle the Agarest trilogy!  Also, don't forget to give me a shout when you want to knock out those blasted Arcana Heart 3 online trophies.   ;)

Thanks!

Hard Time Attack was the main reason it got that, as freaking Argus, #15, was the bane of my existence for quite a while. I'm sure it may be easy for some people, but he put up a nice little fight against me. You should definitely get the Plat for it.

I had high hopes for the game, and it did not disappoint me. Aw damn, you're getting the Type-0 PS4! I'm so jealous right now! That's awesome, though, hope you enjoy the game as much as I did!

Thanks, really looking forward to that during the Summer Break. Oh yeah, I'll definitely go back to that once I get my fill of Type-0. Other than the few character specific move trophies I have, the online ones are the only ones left, so if I can get those done, the Plat will be mine!

• Like 3

Wow! Congrats on a great list. I'm planning on tackling some of the Tales games when I get further through my backlog, but I have to admit that the grind is a little daunting. 

Thanks! The Tales grind isn't too bad, unless it's Xillia 2, then you're grinding for quite a bit, haha. Hope you have fun with the Tales games.

Great platinums bud! Whats your next 1 gonna be? GTA 5?

Thanks dude! Right now, I don't have it planned, but the most likely candidates are Arcana Heart 3 or Catherine. Though if I don't get either of those by Summer break, which starts after the first week of May for me, I'm gonna be starting on the Agarest series of games finally, so the first Agarest game may take that spot.

Thanks dude! Right now, I don't have it planned, but the most likely candidates are Arcana Heart 3 or Catherine. Though if I don't get either of those by Summer break, which starts after the first week of May for me, I'm gonna be starting on the Agarest series of games finally, so the first Agarest game may take that spot.

Oh okay good luck with those. if you plat catherine,that will be pretty impressive since the platinums hard from what i heard 

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #25- Arcana Heart 3

1Lffe853.png

Holy crap, never really thought I'd get this, but I'm damn proud of it!

No new additions to "Future Platinums" list.

As of now, I have it set that I will not start my next game, which is Agarest: Records of War, until this college semester ends and summer break starts, because the Agarest games require an insane amount of time and dedication to plat, so I want to be completely free to do so. I have all three games lined up and ready. I don't think I'll do them all in a row, probably plat one, take a break and play/plat another game, then go to the next one, but those three are definitely in my sight.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Platinum #26- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

1L50a10c.png

Well, this plat was worked towards for a while, but unexpected that I would get it. 1 year and 7 months, haha. Funny thing was, the 1st Lord I ran into I already knew and tried to do ranked matches with before, but we could never connect, but we managed to without even trying tonight, haha.

No new additions to "Future Plats" list.

I've put Record of Agarest War on hold right now while I play through Persona 4 Golden, which will definitely be my next Platinum, but I will return to it after.

• Like 3

Platinum #27- Persona 4 Golden

1L03861e.png

So awesome to finally have the epic game in my collection! As usual, the thoughts are in the first post, and boy, do I have a lot to say.

Did add 2 new games to the "Future Platinums" list. I'm pretty sure that the Dangan Ronpa: Another Episode trophies aren't going to change, so I just snatched up the Platinum trophy icon for the Japanese list and stuck it up their for the time being. I also added Persona 4 Arena to the list, and while I'm not super confident, I don't have a lot of trophies left, so I will try to work my way to it.

I guess it is time to return to Agarest, although I'm a little scared to, haha. The game's getting crazy hard. Though, in the meantime when I'm not playing it, I will be playing Persona 4 Arena, and attempting that Platinum.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum #28- ダンガンロンパ1・2 Reload

1L0ac3b7.png

Well, finally done with my 3rd Dangan Ronpa plat! A lot of people can't say they have three DR plats, especially since there's only 2 in English so far.

Nothing new added to the "Future Platinums" list.

Well then, with this done, I have an obligation; it is time to resume my already 300 hour adventure into the world of Star Ocean 4 and get the last remaining trophies I need for the Platinum! Doubt I'll have it anytime soon, but I'm gonna aim to have it before the end of June!

• Like 1