Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination thread

Platisfaction

Payday 2

It came down to Payday 2 or Pro Evo 2014, but since Pro Evo is by a guide team member, I went with Payday 2 instead. It tells you everything you need to know when going for a trophy without resorting to 50 paragraph walls of text. It is everything a great guide should be :)

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

PSNProfiles will provide additional prizes for all guide contributors so long as they contributed a meaningful amount to the guide. We track all edits so this will be checked.

This is interesting :D although I gave up on some guides once I saw that they were already made or I got bored of them

Hmm... For me it'd have to be either Sir_Bee's Puppetter collectible guide (It's the only one on the internet as far as I know that has the collectibles in the order you find them. Certainly the first) or Race_King's GT5 guide because of how indepth it goes and how much it covers. Are we only allowed one nomination?

• Like 2

Dang, you guys are already nominating some really good stuff I forgot about! Keep it going! ;)

Hmm... For me it'd have to be either Sir_Bee's Puppetter collectible guide (It's the only one on the internet as far as I know that has the collectibles in the order you find them. Certainly the first) or Race_King's GT5 guide because of how indepth it goes and how much it covers. Are we only allowed one nomination?

Just one! Tough decisions

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

My exact thoughts!!! It was either Sir_bee collectibles for Puppeteer (really, really useful) or Race King GT5, I went wih GT5 in the end. Sorry Sir_Bee, as BlindManog said only 1 guide per vote :(

Dang, you guys are already nominating some really good stuff I forgot about! Keep it going! ;)

Just one! Tough decisions

Yes, tough decisions  :(

I need to nominate Sir_Bee's collectible guide for the Puppeteer. Not only PSNP, but every trophy hunting community needs to thank him for that one :D

Edit: This is the first one that came to mind as soon as I heard about these awards about a month ago. Looks like others had the same thought as me.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 2

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/841-KNACK-Trophy-Guide

ShadowGandalf has written the guide well, pointing out possible pitfalls that could be encountered as well as recommendations for the best chapters and strategies to earn various trophies.

The use of videos also helps in understanding where certain things should be done as text descriptions cab sometimes be difficult to follow and know exactly what is being said.

Overall, I found it very useful in my quest to obtain the trophies (the only one I have to obtain at the time of writing is a simple case of completing the story).

Edited by theitdemon

I must admit I haven't been using the guides here much  :S

And since SAO guide was already nominated, I nominate NFS: MW guide.

https://psnprofiles.com/guides/1702-Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted

(Not sure if I can nominate just the guide for the game or the DLC guides can be put together since they are made by the same person.)

How many guides will be needed btw?

I vote for Sword Art Online - Hollow Fragment guide as well.

It's very detailed and provides all necessary information for Platinum (and I participated a bit on it xD)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I must admit I haven't been using the guides here much  :S

And since SAO guide was already nominated, I nominate NFS: MW guide.

https://psnprofiles.com/guides/1702-Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted

(Not sure if I can nominate just the guide for the game or the DLC guides can be put together since they are made by the same person.)

How many guides will be needed btw?

A guide can be nominated more than once. Actually, that's how it is supposed to work. Only the top ten most nominated guides will be taken into account for the awards, so if you prefer the SAO guide and want it to win you should probably vote for it... This also answers the question of how many guides are needed: We will choose from the top ten most nominated guides.

• Like 1

A guide can be nominated more than once. Actually, that's how it is supposed to work. Only the top ten most nominated guides will be taken into account for the awards, so if you prefer the SAO guide and want it to win you should probably vote for it... This also answers the question of how many guides are needed: We will choose from the top ten most nominated guides.

Oh! Okay, thanks for clarifying this.

I shall change my vote.

I'm going to vote for the RDR guide by Saltyie because it was probably the most helpful guide to get me through a Platinum and some of the explanations were very well planned out to get me those last few trophies.

Guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/768-Red-Dead-Redemption-Trophy-Guide

Author: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/user/53125-saltyie/