Guide of the Year Awards - Nomination thread

Platisfaction

I thought it was gonna be better for later counting xD

Guess I made it unnecessarily complicated for you xDDDDD 

Nah, that was exactly the right thing to do. Might add to the op that changing votes is not possible once the votes have been tallies... which is going to happen every other day....

I don't have one particular guide that I would nominate, but I nominate Saltyie for pounding out guide after guide, especially ones that are relevant to new games released. A job well done indeed :yay: :yay:

EDIT: I nominate the Watch_Dogs guide by Saltyie. Some of the trophies, especially the one for Social Lubricant pre-patch is done very well.

Edited by McJacs2

I don't have one particular guide that I would nominate, but I nominate Saltyie for pounding out guide after guide, especially ones that are relevant to new games released. A job well done indeed :yay: :yay:

Maybe you'd like to pick one of his guides after all, otherwise this well-meant praise won't help him at all...

Is it possible to nominate one of my own guides or does it has to be a guide made by someone else?

I think (not sure though) that you can't vote on your own guide; otherwise almost everyone would vote in their own guide. I'm sure the Guide Team can shed some light on this subject :)

I don't think that would be a wise decision, everyone would just be bias and choose themselves if that were allowed.

I think (not sure though) that you can't vote on your own guide; otherwise almost everyone would vote in their own guide. I'm sure the Guide Team can shed some light on this subject :)

That's why I quoted the Guide Team members for a quick response. The rules say nothing about it and you still have to motivate why you nominate a guide. I put a lot of time and effort in my guides and always aim to deliver high quality guides.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

After some consideration, I'm going to go with Sir_Bee's Puppeteer collectibles guide. It's just so useful and well laid out, with all the needed information, which may not even be anywhere else in such a structured list (as said before, it certainly wasn't anywhere else when I was doing it. Sir_Bee was the first)

I vote for ExHaseo's Tales of Smphonia guide dood. It has a great and very detailed breakdown of what titles and things to go for on each playthrough. Made keeping up with all the highly missable things a lot easier and also had great strategies for the game's harder titles and trophies essentially making them a non issue. Very useful guide that made getting the platinum a whole lot easier.

Thief Trophy Guide

Trophy guide goes into a lot of detail and as well as having the most helpful collectable guides in one place, goes into more detail about the collectables and levels which was really helpful. Guide helped me get through a trophy list which feels horrible trying to complete without help.

Edited by SoIidWoIf

I nominatie the Mirror's Edge guide. Kevinnummer1 gives tips on how to beat the game on the hardest difficulty, beat all the time trials, complete all the speedruns, mentions useful tips, and provides videos about every time trial and speedrun. This makes it much easier to complete the courses below the time limit.

Edit:

Ok since Kevin turns out to be a guide team member, I nominate the Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories Boss Guide (and this time I checked to make sure the author isn't a guide team member ;)). Soultaker655 provides strategies that make all the boss fights doable on the hardest difficulty. This is very usedul because you can't just mash the attack button and have to rely on tactics + have a good understanding of the card system. You also need to create a deck for most of the boss fights in Sora's story mode and can't adjust your deck in Riku's story mode.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories Boss Guide

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

I nominatie the Mirror's Edge guide. Kevinnummer1 gives tips on how to beat the game on the hardest difficulty, beat all the time trials, complete all the speedruns, mentions useful tips, and provides videos about every time trial and speedrun. This makes it much easier to complete the courses below the time limit.

Mirror's Edge trophy guide

That's very true, but Kev is guide team member so his guide is not eligible. The only exception to this rule are coop guides with non guide team authors. In such cases the non guide team author would get the complete prize.

That's very true, but Kev is guide team member so his guide is not eligible. The only exception to this rule are coop guides with non guide team authors. In such cases the non guide team author would get the complete prize.

Wait, what :o? Didn't know Kevin was a guide team member. I'll adjust the nomination.

Wait, what :o? Didn't know Kevin was a guide team member. I'll adjust the nomination.

Eh, he comes out the shadows to help out from time to time xD

id like to nominate the grand theft auto 5 guide, its been helping me ALOT

You have to link that guide since there are multiple guides for that game on PS3 and PS4

• Like 3

I'll nominate the Dark Souls 2 trophy guide.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/357-DARK-SOULS-II-Trophy-Guide

It's very thorough and also to the point; you get exactly the information you want without having to read through a lot of blah blah. Another point worth noticing is the fact that the author always came back to the guide to answer questions and clarify things.

Edited by nauGie