Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zoffee

No signal showing on TV

18 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help, last week I decided to play on my ps3, I had to update the ps3 to the latest firmware, everything was working fine. After the restart once the update was finished, my TV shows that there is no signal between the ps3 and TV. After looking online, I've tried changing the HDMI cable as well as doing the method where I have to hold down the power button for a certain amount of time also I've tried changing TVs. None of the methods seem to be working :( Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

And you've checked that the TV is on the correct input - and nobody changed it?

And you've checked that the TV is on the correct input - and nobody changed it?

Yeah I have, triple checked it to make sure!

i think to reset the display options/get it to default/or something...

you have to put the PS into standby and then press and hold the power on button until it beeps

i suggest trying another tv, trying another cable type and also another hdmi device

if you have them to maybe pinpoint the problem

Try booting in safe mode to see if that gives a signal. If not then you can virtually guarantee that its the tv or cable and not the ps3. If it does then reinstall the update from safe mode

You already tried holding the power button for both two and three beeps?

i think to reset the display options/get it to default/or something...

you have to put the PS into standby and then press and hold the power on button until it beeps

i suggest trying another tv, trying another cable type and also another hdmi device

if you have them to maybe pinpoint the problem

Try booting in safe mode to see if that gives a signal. If not then you can virtually guarantee that its the tv or cable and not the ps3. If it does then reinstall the update from safe mode

I've tried all these methods multiple times, still not working

Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help, last week I decided to play on my ps3, I had to update the ps3 to the latest firmware, everything was working fine. After the restart once the update was finished, my TV shows that there is no signal between the ps3 and TV. After looking online, I've tried changing the HDMI cable as well as doing the method where I have to hold down the power button for a certain amount of time also I've tried changing TVs. None of the methods seem to be working :( Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

You might have a handshaking problem, I know it sounds stupid but try it anyway, it might be what you have so this should fix it, it happened to me and this is how I fixed it...

Ok this is it, turn off your TV, really, turn it off and unplug it, let it sit there for a little bit and then plug it in and turn it on again, if it's an handshaking problem this should fix it.

The thing is, everytime you turn your TV on it "handshakes" every devide connected to it by HDMI, as in, it connect to a special channel to the device, sometimes it can't find the channel so it gets no signal from it, by cutting the power completely and turning it on again you force it to find a different channel. The only stupid thing now is that my TV now sometimes loses the handshake and I have to turn it off and on again to find it, but beats having to get a new TV/Ps3 right?

Edited by Devil_Spooky

My old ps3 showed no signal on tv also, with av cable, changed to hdmi cable and it worked fine.

My old ps3 showed no signal on tv also, with av cable, changed to hdmi cable and it worked fine.

yeah happened to me too. but if you start with hdmi and then go to av. you have to reset your ps3 buy holding the ps button until it beeps for it to read hdmi again....or maybe its the other way around. lol been a while since i had that issue.

Hrmm I've tried using the AV cables, seems like its still not working

Did you get it sorted out?

Did you get it sorted out?

Tried again this morning, nothing seems to be working... Wanted to play Kh 2.5!

Hrmm I've tried using the AV cables, seems like its still not working

Don't forget that if you go from HDMI to AV you have to change it on the options or else it stays with HDMI, you can reset the PS3 by holding down the power button with the system turned off untill you hear the 2 bips. I know you did this already but if you did it with the HDMI pluged in the system would default to HDMI again. Remove the HDMI cable and plug in the AV one, then reset the system to default and see if it fixes it.

Don't forget that if you go from HDMI to AV you have to change it on the options or else it stays with HDMI, you can reset the PS3 by holding down the power button with the system turned off untill you hear the 2 bips. I know you did this already but if you did it with the HDMI pluged in the system would default to HDMI again. Remove the HDMI cable and plug in the AV one, then reset the system to default and see if it fixes it.

Thanks fofr the suggestion, tried it and it still doesnt seem to be working