Amiibos

Carville87

Speaking of Amiibos How do you preorder the Lucario one it says add item to cart for code, but never got the email.

Looks like I better not want villager anymore not spending $60+ an a amiibo. Well looking at this so far I think Nintendo kind of handled this a bit poorly.

Edited by Nightstream88

I'm probably going to get a Sheik one once they release those, she's always been my main ever since melee. They kinda nerfed her in Brawl but now she's back to being awesome and i wanna see if i can teach my amiibo some combos.

I have Villager and Zelda, and I have Rosalina and Toon Link on preorder. 

I didn't plan on buying Villager. Actually, there is already one in the house that I imported from Japan as a gift for someone - but I can't ship it for another week or so yet. I only decided to buy one for myself when I went on Amazon a couple weeks back to buy Zelda and I noticed they had Villager back in stock at retail price (he was out of stock again within a couple of hours) so I decided to snatch one up. 

So what are you guys naming your Amiibos?

I can't believe I missed out on Marth, so I plan to Pre-Order The Lucina Amiibo(When announced)...I'm not sure on the name yet, but it'll be a name that is dear to me(maybe).

I've seen some people give their amiibos some funny names on this gamefaqs Thread:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70826776

• 2 weeks later...

I've got three. My brother gave me Peach for Christmas, but I never got to use her until last week when I finally bought the games. Got Zelda and Pikachu in the same day. Now that I've experienced them in Smash, I want them all. Especially Rosalina. I love using her. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got bitten by the amiibo bug. Swear I only had two a few weeks ago. Although I did get Yoshi and Link for free.  :)

Sg9pgXx.png?2

Pit and Kirby are also in the post. Plus Toad, Robin, and Lucina are on pre-order. 

Edited by Vrisnem

• 2 weeks later...

So Nintendo have released regional sales and the regional retail sale through rates of specific Amiibos

Amiibo-country-sales.jpg

amiibo-sell.jpg

They have also considered making more of the popular figures http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/17/nintendo-considering-producing-more-figures-of-popular-amiibo

Hopefully they make more Rosalina ones because i can't find her anywhere

Also i know i'm a bit late but Wave 4 was announced recently  

image1-700x329.jpg

So start pre-ordering now unless you want to pay a scalper a ridiculous price online

So Nintendo have released regional sales and the regional retail sale through rates of specific Amiibos

Amiibo-country-sales.jpg

amiibo-sell.jpg

They have also considered making more of the popular figures http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/17/nintendo-considering-producing-more-figures-of-popular-amiibo

Hopefully they make more Rosalina ones because i can't find her anywhere

Nintendo releasing these statistics is completely useless unless they are shipping all characters in equal quantities, which they are absolutely not. This is just a play to create more artificial scarcity. The whole thing is shady. If Nintendo follows through on releasing more of the "popular" figures, that's the only way they'll redeem themselves in my eyes. I was going to look into these for my niece, but after reading more about what has been going on, there is no way I'm getting her started in all this.

• Like 1

I'd like Marth, but since he's discontinued already I'll probably never see him.

Otherwise I'll be picking up Charizard and maybe Peach and Zelda at a later date but I can't say I'm really too excited for them.

Also, are any of you actually opening them? lol Or are you just using them as display figures?

Started collecting about eight days ago. This is what I've gotten so far...

10933911_10204765222503396_9146824513626

I'd like Marth, but since he's discontinued already I'll probably never see him.

Otherwise I'll be picking up Charizard and maybe Peach and Zelda at a later date but I can't say I'm really too excited for them.

Also, are any of you actually opening them? lol Or are you just using them as display figures?

Actually, it's been said that Marth is going to be re-released due to his importance in the Code Name STEAM game coming out in the upcoming months for the 3DS.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be too bad, as he and Wario are predicted to be the "common" figures of Wave 4.

Just wish they'd given him an alternate pose. 

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I didn't even think about the fact that they would have different rarities. Never paid any attention to Amiibos until this morning when I decided to get Pikachu and saw a Charizard was coming out. Obviously I have a bit to learn about them lol.

Yeah, I agree. The pose they have for him isn't the best, it's actually kind of dopey looking in a way.

Just noticed your collection too, very impressive.

Edited by ScutumMagister

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I didn't even think about the fact that they would have different rarities. Never paid any attention to Amiibos until this morning when I decided to get Pikachu and saw a Charizard was coming out. Obviously I have a bit to learn about them lol.

Yeah, I agree. The pose they have for him isn't the best, it's actually kind of dopey looking in a way.

But it could have been much worse. xD

Plus this pose makes it easier to paint, if you're into the whole custom thing.

Speaking of which:

http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2015/02/18/amiibo-custom-artist-evilos-to-have-his-customs-sold-on-toys-r-us-website/

• Like 1