Amiibos

Carville87

Excellent news my Amiibo Hunters:

A certain Kickstarter has decide to mass produce "Collector cases" for Amiibos.

In just 2 days they've reached more then they've requested...which was a goal of just $2,000.

With still 15 days to go, they've managed to already collect $5,082; which means this product will possibly be heavily marketed too.

As of right now the only way to get some of these cases is to become a "backer"...with just a contribution of $16(It's $12, but shipping is an extra $4) you can get 3 of these very durable Cases to store your treasured Amiibo/s.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2122051225/collector-cases-for-amiibo

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/projects/1737076/video-515301-h264_high.mp4

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/003/479/935/9c8e82658c597b69dea408a4c2a2ae8c_h264_high.mp4

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/003/479/936/019d2326e1177a797f80275f13c20fa1_h264_high.mp4

Edited by DarknessKey92

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/583403611054571520

here you go, it should be out fairly soon. I hope. the Ness Amiibo comes out in May 29th.

OT: Man in digging those Yarn Yoshi Amiibo. I HAVE to get all 3 of them. xD

I agree, those yoshi amiibos look amazing.

Do we have any information on pre-orders for the may 29th release?

Ness is a confirmed GameStop exclusive which goes up for Online pre-order only, starting today.

Jigglypuff is a confirmed Target exclusive; pre-orders have already gone out briefly, then closed down after about ten minutes.

Greninja is a Toys R Us exclusive; pre-orders start tomorrow (April 3rd).

Also notable: Super Mario Bros Series Mario standalone figurine should be available in stores tomorrow (April 3rd).

• Like 1

Ness is a confirmed GameStop exclusive which goes up for Online pre-order only, starting today.

Jigglypuff is a confirmed Target exclusive; pre-orders have already gone out briefly, then closed down after about ten minutes.

Greninja is a Toys R Us exclusive; pre-orders start tomorrow (April 3rd).

Also notable: Super Mario Bros Series Mario standalone figurine should be available in stores tomorrow (April 3rd).

That pace frightens me, damnit I might have to buy Lucina & Marth on Amazon after all-_-

Fuck 'em. Nintendo hasn't learned the method of "supply and demand" yet, and where I live I cannot score any of the ones I want. It also doesn't help that my mains for 4 are Little Mac, Ike, Shulk, & Meta Knight. All of which are dangerously rare. 2nd hand Ike for $50.00? FUCK. THAT.

Jigglypuff hasn't been relisted yet.

Greninja sold out of pre-orders when they opened at 3 AM (EST) at Toys R Us; stores still haven't received pre-order cards.

Not too sure about Ness; I managed to get in two separate orders. One placed by a friend, whom I unloaded a bunch of goodies on; the other I ordered after work.

Also managed to order Pac-Man and the Splatoon triple pack.

I know i'm a minority here, but I think amiibo's are kinda stupid. I kinda get that they are cool to collect, but all the hype around them is really blown out of proportion in my eyes.

Oh, definitely. But I just happen to like collecting them.

And I don't even own a Wii U to use them on. xD

I know i'm a minority here, but I think amiibo's are kinda stupid. I kinda get that they are cool to collect, but all the hype around them is really blown out of proportion in my eyes.

No I agree. What is worse is when people are spending 50-100$ for some of them.

No I agree. What is worse is when people are spending 50-100$ for some of them.

It happens with almost all collectibles.

I just think it's more noticeable with these for a few reasons:

- Poor distribution practices.

- Retail exclusivity

- Scalping activities (a given with popular trends); re-sellers make up more than 40% of those buying the figures at MSRP.

After this particular wave, I'm noticing a lot of people breaking apart their collections and just selling them, to avoid dealing with it in any further. Whether or not this holds any change for the collecting community at all has yet to be seen (these former collectors could make up less than ~1% of the total), but it could eventually change the overall market appearance for the rest of the year.

It happens with almost all collectibles.

I just think it's more noticeable with these for a few reasons:

- Poor distribution practices.

- Retail exclusivity

- Scalping activities (a given with popular trends); re-sellers make up more than 40% of those buying the figures at MSRP.

After this particular wave, I'm noticing a lot of people breaking apart their collections and just selling them, to avoid dealing with it in any further. Whether or not this holds any change for the collecting community at all has yet to be seen (these former collectors could make up less than ~1% of the total), but it could eventually change the overall market appearance for the rest of the year.

That's the thing. I wish more collectors would just say "no" when it comes to resellers. Realize "these aren't worth 80$" and move on. That would force the resellers on eBay or Kijjii to actually offer the product for a reasonable price OR not buy up all of them from the start.

Also Nintendo should really just release more copies as that would also stop the resellers and make them more money.

In the end, they are very basic figures that are not worth the money they are being sold at.

• Like 1