Amiibos

Carville87

Oh, definitely. But we don't often see the people that do say no; all we can see are the six thousand listings that share that $80+ pricing.

Personally, I have no problem spending $40 on an exclusive that I KNOW that their retailer is too damn stupid to properly stock on. But that's also because I only need one.

If it's MSRP, I'll buy doubles, strictly to give people as gifts, or hold for those who really need them.

Long run: Nintendo floods the market with the entire catalogue similar to how they flood the market with shit that people don't want, or never sells, the resellers will die off entirely.

Maybe I'm getting cynical now that im not a teenager anymore.. but why all the hype for these things? They are just little bits of plastic! 

Am I missing something?

People like Nintendo (probably more than they should sometimes).

People like collecting things.

People like collecting things made by (or pertaining to) Nintendo.

*shrug*

• Like 2

People like Nintendo (probably more than they should sometimes).

People like collecting things.

People like collecting things made by (or pertaining to) Nintendo.

*shrug*

Probs the best answer I'll get! I used to be obsessed with collecting the Pokémon cards but that was.. you know.. way different. And cooler. 

Well enjoy the fad guys! And the inevitably detrimental effect it will have on your wallets. But trust me, it's sooooo worth it! :D

11316697.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just picked up my fourth yesterday. Gave away #2 and #3 for free only moments after buying them. xD

11391743_10205521153241192_2771934356598

Wow, that looks like quite the collection.  I didn't keep them in their boxes, because I think they are too bulky and don't look very good.  I am going to be building them a back lit display case, where I can keep them all.

Good job on getting all of them though.  The only one that I do not have that I want is Greninja.  I don't need Silver Mario, and I haven't gotten the duplicate figures from different sets (Only have one peach, one luigi, and so on).

Do you have any recommendations where I can get a Greninja for under $30?  

Edited by Sir_Bee

Just got Shulk at my local Gamestop in WA. I will not pay more than 20-25 for them, and the only one I over paid for so far is Fox for 20. Right now I have: Link, Captain Falcon, Bowser, Sonic, Mega Man, Diddy Kong, Toad, Pac-Man, Wario, Silver Mario, Fox, Zelda, and Shulk in order.

Do you have any recommendations where I can get a Greninja for under $30?  

Just keep an eye out at local Toys R Us stores.

The one by me didn't run out until yesterday (they received 200 of them).

Or just look for them internationally, as the EU/AUS and JP versions are not store exclusives.

Got another Shulk and another Jigglypuff today.

i'd love to start getting these things but i need to swap my 2DS for the new one before i can. i can't get a Wii U just yet so that's my only option right now. still this is a cool idea Nintendo did, instead of just the one game like DI and Spyro these figures power you up in other games too.

i'd love to start getting these things but i need to swap my 2DS for the new one before i can. i can't get a Wii U just yet so that's my only option right now. still this is a cool idea Nintendo did, instead of just the one game like DI and Spyro these figures power you up in other games too.

The adapter for the older 2DS/3DS is coming out sometime this July, for $20, so you wouldn't need to buy a new handheld.

The adapter for the older 2DS/3DS is coming out sometime this July, for $20, so you wouldn't need to buy a new handheld.

well i still need a new one anyway now that games are only coming out for the new one. figures i got 2DS for my tax refund and i have to upgrade it already..

well i still need a new one anyway now that games are only coming out for the new one. figures i got 2DS for my tax refund and i have to upgrade it already..

Last I checked, there are only two of them so far. Not sure what else is exclusive to it. Certainly can't remember anything that makes the purchase worthwhile.

Sweet collection you got there. I only have 4 Amiibos so far :(

But you've still got some awesome ones.

Last I checked, there are only two of them so far. Not sure what else is exclusive to it. Certainly can't remember anything that makes the purchase worthwhile.

true but if they are starting already only a matter of time. plus the one game i really do wanna play. the one Sloth whatever is from. thanks to Super Smash he's become my fav so far.

true but if they are starting already only a matter of time. plus the one game i really do wanna play. the one Sloth whatever is from. thanks to Super Smash he's become my fav so far.

Shulk? Xenoblade Chronicles.

Haven't heard much about it since the day it re-launched.

Didn't care for the Wii version; the amiibo features are a waste of an expensive 

• 2 weeks later...

New stuff announced today to hit shelves in September, including an interchangeable Mr. Game & Watch amiibo, as well as a R.O.B. amiibo with variant paintjobs depending on what region it's made for.

http://www.destructoid.com/game-and-watch-amiibo-can-change-poses-mii-fighters-are-coming-293907.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/the-r-o-b-amiibo-will-get-region-specific-paint-jobs-293911.phtml

• 2 weeks later...

I have two amiibos currently Fox and Samus which I got when the very first wave came out. I haven't used them much but I think they're cool collectibles. I will probably get more soon.  :)

Some really nice ones to have.

Two of the ones I really wanted when this all started. xD

I haven't been able to bring myself to open any of the ones I have. Even some of the common ones. I like how they look in the box. Any word on if they are going to release those amiibo cards still? I would rather get those than open up any of my figures.