Dislike any companions?

Gatatog

• 3 weeks later...

Before you will judge me, i will say i played this game 3 times, so i know a little about every person.

Blackwall - dont dislike him, but either dont like him too much. Never take him into party. He just where in the game. And he just stand somewhere in the corner. If not quest for Grey Wardens, i wouldn talk to him on next playtrough.

Cassandra - always on my party. I like her very much. she pretend to be hard, but she have "cute" soft heart. I like that. I think its my favorite companion.

Cole - hes interesting, have interesting story, but just like Blackwall never take him into party. Dont like him too much.

Dorian - hes funny, he was in my first playtrough in my party. Interesting story, and nice chat with Solas or vivienne :)

Iron bull - i like him very much, he likes what he do, and care about hes peopole. He was in my party but i like Cassandra better with her skill than him. One of my favorite.

Sera - shes messed up! Her chat with Vivienne in party are the best! I like her very much.

Solas - interesting person, but hes too serious. Still i like him a little. Until end. He was in my party from the start till end.

Varric - funny, interesting, one of my favorite. I played him a little in my party, but not too much.

Vivienne - like Sera said, shes cold bitch, and she know it. didnt like her beacuse of that until i have learn her story. After that i like her a little, she was in my party almost all the time.

Advisors - i like them all the same.

So if i have to say witch i like the most. then i say its Cassandra. who i dislike the most, or not like too much. I say Cole and Blackwall - but still i like them a little.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Being a rogue, I never got too attached to sera, varric, or cole since I never needed them in my party. Vivienne disapproved of pretty much everything I did so there's that. The only companion I really couldn't stand was Blackwall, the guy was just so boring imo. Other than that, I enjoyed spending time with all the other companions 

• 1 month later...

I didn't care for any of them really. Dorian, and Iron Bull were about the most unique two since everyone was a carbon copy of earlier characters from the game already. Blackwall=Duncan, and so on.

How is Blackwall like Duncan? And who is Vivienne like? And Sera? And the rest? If anything Dorian is very much like Zevran.

• 3 months later...

My favorites and the ones I use in my party most are Sera, Vivienne and Cassandra. I like how their abilities compliment mine. I enjoy the rough dialogue and even Sera's attitude.

I don't like Varric at all. Dorian I used as a love interest but I don't really care for him either. I never had solas in my party other than at the beginning so I don't know much about him or Cole.

I do like Iron Bull and Blackwall. They can be good in a battle.

• 4 months later...

When I first played the game, I didn't really care for Sera or Vivienne. Sera, I found too cold, childish, & abrasive. Vivienne, I found incredibly complacent & we had such differing views regarding mages that I pissed her off to no end at times. However, as the game wore on, they both grew on me. Now, I like everyone (though I'm incredibly biased because this is probably one of my all-time favorite games). 

Sera's an annoying little pile of poop. Innit?

This made me laugh out loud.

Sera was the one I truly hated, it looked like she had been beaten, repeatedly, with a brick wall. I found her voice irritating, and her banter somewhat, meh, at best.

But, apparently, I enjoy suffering, as she is one of my party members in my Warrior playthrough...for now...until I find a really big cliff to toss her off, or force feed her to a random dragon...

I didn't really care for Dorian, didn't hate him, just didn't find him all that interesting.

Like a lot of others here have said, Blackwall is quite boring at the start, but does get better, just not good enough to be a party member.

Wasn't too fond of Solas either, reminds me to much of Lex Luthor, kept expecting a "I wanna kill Superman" rant from him...I did find him a lot more interesting at the end of the game.

• 1 month later...

Not really, not in this DA at least. I used to dislike Alistair and especially Anders.

In DA:I i like Sera, Vivienne and Blackwall (all three in my team with my male Inquisitor). I'm neutral toward others, Dorian is cool too but Solas is annoying...

maybe because i'm a Chantry and Templar supporter :P

Edited by DeathNyx

• 5 months later...

Solas seems to do a lot of whining in my opinion. So I'm not a huge fan of his. I don't understand Cole at all, that being said, I never really included him in my party so I didn't give him much of a chance. So when I complete nightmare mode I'll include him more often and see what he's like. I don't understand him very much though when he's in a cutscene.

Iron Bull is really cool personality wise, I like him, in a fight though he's usually useless, always dying. But that could very well be me at fault for not setting him up right with proper equipment or preventing him from being the enemies focus.

Everyone else is really cool and I enjoy listening to. My main party consisted of myself (Sword and shield), Dorian (Electricity + Necromancer), Blackwall (Tank) and Sera (DPS). Usually worked out well, especially Blackwall as a tank. 

• 5 months later...

I like Solas more now that I know who the voice actor is. Before that I hadn't noticed how Welsh he sounds sometimes. 

Also, Iron Bull is voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr! Didn't know he was that talented.

But as for ones I don't like that much, I'd probably go for Blackwall because he's so dull. Vivienne kinda creeps me out too, comes across as a GOT type character who'd kill you in your sleep.

18 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

But as for ones I don't like that much, I'd probably go for Blackwall because he's so dull. Vivienne kinda creeps me out too, comes across as a GOT type character who'd kill you in your sleep.

I like most of the characters but Sera, oh man, Sera. I tried to like her so much but she feels so childish and in denial of the whole situation (you know, Elves being oppressed across Thedas) that I can't warm up to her.

Agreed that Blackwall is kind of dull, though but his backstory is interesting enough to overlook his overly serious attitude.

5 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

I like most of the characters but Sera, oh man, Sera. I tried to like her so much but she feels so childish and in denial of the whole situation (you know, Elves being oppressed across Thedas) that I can't warm up to her.

Agreed that Blackwall is kind of dull, though but his backstory is interesting enough to overlook his overly serious attitude.

Tbh neither do I but she had some rare funny moments that made up for it. I never use her as a companion though because she's always seemed really underwhelming in battle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Old thread but it's Sera for me. I didn't like her from the start and so never recruited her on my first playthrough. Just did a speedrun on easy mode to get the related trophy for recruiting all 9 characters (amongst other trophies, including the trials) and it just reaffirmed that I made the right choice during my blind playthrough. Corny-ass class envy masquerading as righteousness. 

I like all the others but Dorian is my favourite and is quite clearly the stand out companion; I don't even think it's close lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, the main game is finished so time for conculsion.
The worst companion? No change here: VIVIENNE DE FER! Aye, I spoiled her potion out of spite. And then the answer was like: „oh… shit…” :)

The best? Actually several categories here:
- the most clever/witty: Dorian - you can’t be bored listening to him, not to mention I felt bad for him (the Tevinter stuff and all)
- the best battle prowess - Thomas Rianier aka Blackwall - I never ever lost him during battles - his Guard is impecabble (and I forgave him)
- the best side story - Cassandra - I let her eyes opened and she was glad she was no longer The Seeker (the Chantry is obviously very flawed organisation)
- the best romance - Cullen - no comment needed here (although, interestingly in DAII he's not that great)

Edited by Aluminium_Sirius